The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much of the beautiful detail of the dress was hidden by her long curls. She was stunning in this dress in 2012 but not so much now IMO, though she is certainly slender.

Much of the beautiful detail of the dress was hidden by her long curls. She was stunning in this dress in 2012 but not so much now IMO, though she is certainly slender.

I think she has an inner glow and vitality now compared to 6 years ago. Maybe it's due to a styling change, maybe it's because I vastly prefer hair neatly fixed but down vs. an updo, but I think this is a much more youthful look 6 years later.

The stunning part of the dress to me is the hem cut. I've never seen a dress before that is made to have " puddles" of fabric at the hem. I don't know how she walks in it, but I'd likely fall head over heels. It's a truly uniquely cut dress and I love the color and the details. The lace back still shows wonderfully, only the cap sleeves are covered by her beautiful long, thick hair with her hair down vs. up.

Catherine is amazing to be able to wear the dress so beautifully after having her 3 sweet babies. Which reminds me, after seeing the side view of Louis with Prince Charles, I want to see more photos of the baby. :)

Last edited:
7CF9C71A-ABED-4ED8-B122-DB586F895C4A.jpeg

This is the Queen’s Grand Duchess Emerald tiara do you think the Duchess of Sussex would have looked nicer wearing this on her wedding day?

View attachment 154628 View attachment 154629

The doting grandfather: Heartwarming family photos shows Charles playing with young Prince Louis and spinning Camilla's granddaughter around in documentary to mark his 70th birthday

The doting grandfather: Heartwarming picture shows Charles playing with young Prince Louis | Daily Mail Online

Wow. I love his stance on the environment and plastics.He was way ahead of his time.

I love how William and Harry pick up litter and turn out lights, They are a great example for people

She'll get what she's given': Queen 'had words' with Harry over 'very difficult' Meghan's choice of wedding tiara

Queen 'had words' with Harry over 'very difficult' Meghan's choice of wedding tiara | Daily Mail Online

Every wedding has it's share of "difficulties", so it comes as no surprise that a few feathers were ruffled as Meghan and Harry planned one of the world's most high-profile nuptials in recent times. The Queen appears to enjoy Meghan's company, so the tiara bruhaha obviously had no lasting impact.

Every wedding has it's share of "difficulties", so it comes as no surprise that a few feathers were ruffled as Meghan and Harry planned one of the world's most high-profile nuptials in recent times. The Queen appears to enjoy Meghan's company, so the tiara bruhaha obviously had no lasting impact.

I'm not very sure it happened at all, I very much doubt harry "hit the roof" over it, or that the Queen chuntered on about a veil to anyone that would tell some journalist about it.

I can just see the queen saying in her best northern accent "eeeeh, it's like Blackpool illuminations round 'ere" :p

If I was the Queen I think I would need to wear sunglasses indoors with the amount of massive crystal chandeliers in Buckingham Palace. It is like a much more tasteful Blackpool illuminations.

I think the one Meghan ultimately wore was the better choice.

This one is gorgeous but so over the top with those huge emeralds.

Also could it be that Queen gave Eugenie an emerald tiara to wear for her wedding and she did not want comparisons of the two?

There is nothing worse (well there is, but you ladies know what I mean) than having something like that for the media to compare between the two ladies. IMHO

It might be doubtful because of the timing, but she may have picked it out and told her much earlier since it is her grandmother that she wanted to wear at her wedding.

Palace shock as Meghan Markle's closest aide quits her job just six months after royal wedding

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Palace shock as Meghan Markle's closest aid quits her job months after wedding | Daily Mail Online

WELL, I'd say there's a LOT of truth in the article about the Queen's tiara, the way Meghan treats her staff was also mentioned, and it was said that Duchess Catherine thought it very ill- mannered and rude of her to be so demanding and hateful to her staff.

I predict Meghan has a lot to learn, or at some point, she will be in a world of hurt. Harry is going to get tired of her pushing the staff and other people around when there's no cause for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502