GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #24

Paul Wagnerto The Mansion Murders: A FOX 5 DC true crime podcast

November 5 at 12:36 PM ·
We have some news to share. A juror will be visiting Melanie and I for one more podcast. We will record it Wednesday morning. If you have any questions--pass them along between now and early Wednesday. The recording will NOT be on Facebook in order to protect the juror's privacy.

I’d love to hear this, was it already done live & now it’s gone? Or it’ll be posted somewhere but not FB?

I’d love to hear this, was it already done live & now it’s gone? Or it’ll be posted somewhere but not FB?
Juror interview was suppose to be recorded this morning so I believe it will be available as audio only as they want to protect the identity of the participant. I'll post link when I find it. Thanks.

Paul Wagner
Conversation Starter · Nov 7, 2018

6 hrs
Melanie and I interviewed Juror # 9 today for the last in our Mansion Murders podcast. It will drop on Friday and you can find it on Itunes, Google Play and other places that carry podcasts. It runs just under an hour and I think it will answer all of your questions. Teaser--the jurors were also wondering if they would hear from Darrell.

Oh I see, it’ll be audio but no video! I didn’t realize that was what they meant by ‘not on FB.’ Great, thanks for the tip-off, hopefully I’ll manage to find it...

Paul Wagner
Conversation Starter · Nov 7, 2018

6 hrs
Melanie and I interviewed Juror # 9 today for the last in our Mansion Murders podcast. It will drop on Friday and you can find it on Itunes, Google Play and other places that carry podcasts. It runs just under an hour and I think it will answer all of your questions. Teaser--the jurors were also wondering if they would hear from Darrell.
I definitely want to hear what the juror has to say! If anyone has a direct link when it's posted, please share here.

jmo

I listened to it on Audiboom (just google 'mansion murders' 'audioboom'). God forbid if I ever were to go on trial for anything, I'd really like to have that juror - very sensible and thoughtful.

I listened to it on Audiboom (just google 'mansion murders' 'audioboom'). God forbid if I ever were to go on trial for anything, I'd really like to have that juror - very sensible and thoughtful.
Agree!
Very interesting to hear things that this jury understood really did not matter: there were no charges for burning the van or Porsche and/or other things that seemed to cause the public concern! In other words, it didn't matter who the man with the bucket was...

The core of the case was Daron Wint... he admitted he was the person seen entering the garage, he admitted he ate the pizza, he admitted he drove the Porsche up New York Ave. --Daron put himself at the mansion.

The US Secret Service was involved from the beginning. Is this normal?

IMO... not normal. But, I believe the Secret Service involvement was initiated because of crime location.

"The tragedy in May 2015 permeated the nation’s capital. The bodies of a father, a mother, their 10-year-old son and the family’s housekeeper were found in a burning multimillion-dollar home in a quiet upper Northwest neighborhood, less than a mile from the vice president’s official mansion."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...f4f84429666_story.html?utm_term=.b941c0904d0c

The US Secret Service was involved from the beginning. Is this normal?

One of the responsibilities of the SS is bank fraud. IMHO the ransom from the bank brought them in.

Secret Service agents investigate:
Counterfeiting law violations.
Financial fraud, including banking, access device, advance fee, and computer fraud, financial document counterfeiting, and money laundering.
Computer hacker attacks on national telecommunications, computer network, financial, and banking infrastructure.

Last edited:
Judge sentences man to 4 life terms in DC mansion murders
Published: 11:24 AM EST February 1, 2019
Updated: 1:33 PM EST February 1, 2019

Daughter Abigail Savopoulos told the judge she still hears her mother's voice in her head, calling to her, "Hello, sunshine!" That she still stares at a phone, hoping somehow her mother will call. That when she recently got engaged, she picked up the phone to call her mom to give her the joyful news, before realizing she would never talk to her again.

Her sister, Katerina, was about to graduate from high school when her mother, father, and brother were killed. She wrote the judge that she had to visit cemeteries instead of colleges, shop for coffins instead of a prom dress. And yet, she wrote, she forgives Wint.

"Hate cannot drive out hate," she said.
[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member