Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

Jumping off your post, it appears there was a touchdown at 8:13 PM, which led to the Giants taking the lead.

Giants vs. 49ers results: Score, highlights from 'Monday Night Football'

Video clip of touchdown and play clock
New York Giants on Twitter
(*video at link)

Going by his gf’s report, he would leave his seat to go to the bathroom about 2 minutes after this touchdown occurred.

Around 8:15 PM: near the conclusion of the game, he left their seats in section 226 and went to the bathroom and then disappeared.
New evidence emerges in case of missing 49ers fan

8:21 PM: Game is over
Giants vs. 49ers results: Score, highlights from 'Monday Night Football'

Jmo

Very thorough/informative timing breakdown, thanks!

I don't really know much about football at all (don't hate me, folks! )
How much can happen with 6 minutes left on the clock? I guess I'm wondering if it was obvious the game was over, and that prompted his departure, or if a lot of catching up can be done in that time and he left at an "on the edge of your seat" moment?

Very thorough/informative timing breakdown, thanks!

I don't really know much about football at all (don't hate me, folks! )
How much can happen with 6 minutes left on the clock? I guess I'm wondering if it was obvious the game was over, and that prompted his departure, or if a lot of catching up can be done in that time and he left at an "on the edge of your seat" moment?

Looks like there were about :53 seconds left on the play clock, which ended up being played out over 6 minutes of game time. The play clock can stop for a variety of reasons (time-outs, going out of bounds, penalties, etc).

The touchdown was right at the end of the game, and gave the Giants the lead. It wouldn't have been impossible for the 49ers to come back from that, but without a near-perfect advance down the field, it was most likely game over, IMO.

Even if it was obvious the game was over, I wonder why he would leave everyone behind? Jmo

I wondered about the video chat myself. I don't know about the norm, but the people around me and my family do not use this function on ordinary phone calls. In fact, we usually use it only when we are going to talk to the step kids, since they are so far away and we don't see them often. But, definitely do not use it on the regular.

So who was the lost one? His phone pinged near the vehicle - around 10pm? Took him a while to get there. Did he go out the right exit to get to his vehicle? Maybe he staggered around a bit. Did she go directly to the vehicle and how long did she wait? A lot of questions....

What if the video chat was to determine who was where so they could figure out how to get to the same place?

Search continues Thursday for Spokane man who mysteriously disappeared in Santa Clara after 49ers football game
Kazem said Powers sent text messages and participated in a Facebook video call with his girlfriend and family as they coordinated a place to meet up outside of the stadium.
“Some of the responses from Mr. Powers weren’t very reasonable or didn’t make sense,” Kazem said. He added that Powers was reportedly drinking at the game, though his level of intoxication is unknown.

He talked to his parents as well the article says. There were more family at the game or at the hotel room? Or just the gf and their children?

I think they're referring to the search, not the game?

ETA: maybe not, that's confusing. But dont know why they would have to take a bus back if his family were there? Unless they were sure that he was going to meet back up with them.

So, some of his responses weren't reasonable and weren't making sense, but they all just went back to the hotel assuming he would show up there?! He was obviously intoxicated, but they (the girlfriend,his parents and whoever else was there) weren't worried about him driving back to the hotel (an hour away) in that condition?

How many people went and how many vehicles? Just GF and her kids who took the bus back? Was everyone drinking heavily? I feel like a lot of the actions (or inactions) of ALL parties just doesn't make sense.

View attachment 155876
I’m trying to figure out what this object is over his shoulder
So who was the lost one? His phone pinged near the vehicle - around 10pm? Took him a while to get there. Did he go out the right exit to get to his vehicle? Maybe he staggered around a bit. Did she go directly to the vehicle and how long did she wait? A lot of questions....

What if the video chat was to determine who was where so they could figure out how to get to the same place?
Good point!

So, some of his responses weren't reasonable and weren't making sense, but they all just went back to the hotel assuming he would show up there?! He was obviously intoxicated, but they (the girlfriend,his parents and whoever else was there) weren't worried about him driving back to the hotel (an hour away) in that condition?

How many people went and how many vehicles? Just GF and her kids who took the bus back? Was everyone drinking heavily? I feel like a lot of the actions (or inactions) of ALL parties just doesn't make sense.
Wow. I feel bad for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back