Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, did this poor lady learn that SW was pregnant thru the porch interviews on Tuesday? Or did he tell her Monday night?
She learned from reading the news.

"Later that night, Kessinger learned the full situation: Shanann’s wallet and purse were still in the house; Watts had left work early to let the police into his home; people had been trying unsuccessfully to contact Shanann all day.

“When I read the news, I found out he was still married and his wife was 15 weeks pregnant,” Kessinger said.

She was shocked at his lies and scared for the missing woman and children, she said."
Christopher Watts mistress Nichol Kessinger speaks about Frederick murders

I heard your story, I want to commend you for sharing and also for taking the steps to separate from your family. Our society tends to make us feel family before anything or anyone else but I disagree. Being a blood relative does not mean you have to endure unhealthy relationships. My mother is borderline NPD and I keep contact to a respectable minimum, she is just so unlpleasant to be around, she is really just flat out mean. I am the baby of the family, the golden child, so she does not project on to me nearly as much as she does my siblings. The day I graduated high school my father divorced her, he has been married to his second wife for 20 years now and I am so grateful they found each other. When he first married her he kept repeating “ she is just so nice”.

Thanks for that. I know there are a lot of us! I’m happy for your father & glad you’ve been able to establish boundaries and a healthy life. I know being the golden child didn’t save you from being a pawn of hers, that it was very suffocating and you didn’t get the healthy mothering or family relationships that you deserved. No matter what role you play as the child of a narcissist, you don’t get out unscathed. Good for you! I hate hearing other people’s pain but it’s so comforting to know that we’re not alone and that many people have successfully moved on to have better lives. Thanks for sharing that.

I wondered why media hadn't approached her. Since he took a plea I guess she is no longer needed as a witness now?
One thing - she worked with him, did she really not know anything about his personal situation? Did she not look up SW on Facebook? That's hard to believe....
I wonder the same thing too.
Absolutely. This alone could explain the plea, as it makes this appear as a planned crime.

I’m assuming that there’s more to come, but this is damning.
Does anyone think Shanann knew about her or at least suspected he was seeing someone?

“We had just met,” Kessinger said. “I barely knew him.”

One day in the middle of June, he walked into her office to introduce himself. They continued casual conversations. She noticed that Watts did not wear a wedding ring, and Kessinger, who was single, thought he was attractive.

“When he spoke to me, he was very softspoken. He appeared to be a good listener,” she said.

Watts told her that he had two daughters and, after Kessinger asked, Watts said he was separated and at the end of divorce proceedings, she said.

“I believed him,” she said.

When they first met outside of work in late June, Kessinger asked Watts more questions about his divorce. He told her the mutual divorce was almost final, and they were working out financial details, she said.

The two began a physical relationship in early July and saw each other four to five times a week, Kessinger said. She told him she wanted to take it slow and he should focus on helping his daughters adjust to the divorce.

Echoes of Scott Peterson. "I lost my wife."

ETA: Not only that, they both killed their families after dating an affair for only a couple months.

Well. We are getting the picture of the chameleon CW and how he is probably adept at painting a different picture of himself and his life depending on who he's talking to and what he wants them to see.
I'm sure! I'm a couple years older than NK, but I would definitely be googling and FB stalking a new BF. It's just odd to me that she didn't. I believe her, though - there's no reason not to!

Does anyone think Shanann knew about her or at least suspected he was seeing someone?
We have heard rumors that she thought he might be having an affair, but we don’t know the extent of her suspicions.

She felt like he had “no game,” so she might have used this sentiment to downplay her concerns.

That’s very compelling stuff, and a smart play on her part.

It seems like he mislead her the entire way, and I now feel bad for her.

This sounds so much like Scott Peterson that it’s scary.

This is beginning to appear more and more completely premeditated, and not the result of an argument that escalated.

Yep, he knew when the family was back in NC, that they would not live long. They had to die to perpetuate the divorce myth. VERY pre-meditated!

Nichol%20Kessinger_1542334723033.jpg_103394772_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

When Nichol Kessinger started dating Christopher Watts in July, he appeared to be a soft-spoken man and a thoughtful father who was at the end of divorce proceedings.

It wasn’t until the Frederick man’s wife and two daughters went missing in August that Kessinger learned that Watts had never started divorce proceedings with his wife, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and that he had been lying to her for the entire relationship, which lasted less than two months.

Kessinger was shocked by Watts’ arrest. But she has never doubted that he killed his wife, Shanann, and their two daughters, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3.

“I don’t think there is a logical explanation for what he did,” she said. “It’s a senseless act, and it’s horrific.”

Kessinger approached investigators before Watts’ arrest and participated in multiple police interviews, describing details of their relationship and what he had told her about his missing family.
More at Denver Post

"It's horrific": Christopher Watts' mistress speaks as sentencing in Frederick murders draws near

I'm thinking she suspected something was going on. There were probably some significant changes in him. I don't think she had any idea that he was capable of hurting her or the kids so that he could have some kind of new life. It's heartbreaking.

Tonight’s interview completely changed the narrative in this case.

The Watts family has dominated headlines for the past few days, with their vile comments and victim blaming.

I hope that this is simply the first rumblings of an avalanche that will culminate in court on Monday.

The focus is now where it belongs, on a despicable mass murderer.
I think we will be hearing a lot more from others. He really thought he could just dispose of his family and start again? He really thought his lies would not be found out?

I'm sure! I'm a couple years older than NK, but I would definitely be googling and FB stalking a new BF. It's just odd to me that she didn't. I believe her, though - there's no reason not to!
I am still thinking about that. She was on FB herself until the story of an AP broke, so it is difficult to imagine she would not be doing some reading about SW.
His FB page was pretty much just guy stuff.

I think we will be hearing a lot more from others. He really thought he could just dispose of his family and start again? He really thought his lies would not be found out?

Yes, it's really sick. These FAs seem to all work from the same playbook. They use the same lines and lies. Somehow they all think they will get away with it.

Being new, I guess I wasn’t as clear as I needed to be... I actually had a missing family member (who was found deceased many months later). I know how I would act... My actual thought was a wry “Of COURSE she didn’t go!”. She wouldn’t want to help find SW at all... would want her to stay gone. And sadly, I suspect the same for the girls. Was she even happy? Now if SW was dead instead of missing, maybe Mama W would have rushed to be there and set CW in a new direction, but she never got that chance because he went directly into custody.

Kim bird, the 'not knowing, the waiting, the hoping' for months would be so tough on you, and so devastating with the find,:(:(
I would think, ANY relative, or close friend would search for a loved one.
We do it for our little pets, place posters everywhere, let alone our grand kids.
I think you may be right, CW's Mum, wouldn't want to help.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member