AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in and wanted to post this really in depth report on the case with some new info.

WATCH – One Month Missing: The Closs Mystery special report

They did recover 'shell casings' that are being analyzed. Not all of the info from specific apps are back due to warrants, etc. Fitzgerald feels like it was targeted. Denise's sister did speak with her at 10 pm everything was "normal" at home.

There's hope here. The killer(s) did not pick up the shell casings, so even if a shotgun was used they can be matched to the gun if it is found. Though casings and bullets are of no use if LE doesn't have a gun to check them against and LE seems to indicate they don't have any suspects at this time. I'm hoping there is something there in the remaining apps that have not been analyzed at this point.

My scenario is a bit different. What is DC heard something in her daughter's bedroom went to see and saw a guy w a shotgun? Run to the bathroom, barricade call husband. What if someone had gained entry to the home before they arrived home from the birthday party? Who knew they would be gone and at this party? What if Jayme allowed someone through her window at night? And how does your closest neighbor not know a teen lives right next door?
Was there a dispute between neighbors? I keep thinking of little Jessica, being buried footsteps from her own home, alive.

I think that if Jayme left of her own accord, we are not searching for a strawberry blonde teen, but a brunette w short hair. We need efits for different looks she may have obtained. Ca, Nv, Az, Portland. Her photo needs to be there, and everywhere warm and sunny, ie the exact opposite of her life in WI.

Even if she was taken involuntarily, looking at possible changes to her appearance is still something that should be considered. I know all this time I've been assuming her appearance had not changed. Although if she is still alive I highly doubt Jayme would be allowed out in public if she was abducted.

Even if she was taken involuntarily, looking at possible changes to her appearance is still something that should be considered. I know all this time I've been assuming her appearance had not changed. Although if she is still alive I highly doubt Jayme would be allowed out in public if she was abducted.
I would assume (if kept alive) the perp has changed Jayme's appearance. She could be out in public at times too as ES was with her captors. So was JD, after some time.

I would assume (if kept alive) the perp has changed Jayme's appearance. She could be out in public at times too as ES was with her captors. So was JD, after some time.

Yes, I think about such cases. But in most of those instances don't the abductors keep the victim out of the public for a few months? Give them a chance to 'indoctrinate' or 'brainwash' her? ('Indoctrinate' or 'brainwash' aren't the exact words I'm looking for, but it is all that comes to my mind at the moment. 'Stockholm syndrome' doesn't seem to fit either as the FBI has only identified Stockholm Syndrome as being present in 8% of kidnap victims. Even Elizabeth Smart stated she felt no such bond with her kidnappers.)

I'm firmly in the camp of those that believe Jayme was the target. But not 100%. I believe there is a possibility this could have been a revenge act against one or both of the parents and they taunted at least one of them with a statement they were taking their daughter before they killed the parent(s). It doesn't have to for any known act or slight on the part of the parents. But rather it could be for some perceived slight that the parents or their family/friends are not even aware of.

I am guessing that while there was no conversation in this 911 call, the background audio would have been graphic. Perhaps LE determined it would be too traumatizing for the family to hear. I myself have a very hard time listening to 911 calls in other cases. It is just so gut wrenching to hear tragedy as it is happening.

The family is already traumatized and a 13 year old child is missing ! If the family feels they need to listen to this tape to see if the can add anything that might help Jayme , who is LE to deny them that bit of hope ?

On the other hand...if LE doesn't want the family to hear the 911 tape because it might actually hinder the investigation, then that's another matter entirely.

I'd go with the later explanation. JMO

People have asked about the family routine.... here is some info from an earlier article:

Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death

Wednesday evening, dance class, 5:45pm with two other girls. Then her mom would take her to religion classes - the article doesn't indicate where. Article also indicates Jim had exercised 1000 hours at the gym and his name was on a board there.... Seems the family was active in the community....

Wisconsin hunters asked to help in search for Jayme Closs
Wisconsin's firearms deer season begins Saturday, and officials are asking hunters across the state to keep an eye out for any evidence that might provide a break in the case of a missing 13-year-old girl.

Todd Schaller, chief conservation warden with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, said information about the case was sent out to deer license vendors statewide, to pass along to hunters. The DNR also posted information about the case at its regional offices and in state parks, as well as on its social media pages.

"We'll have between 550,000 and 600,000 hunters traveling and out and about in woodlots and marshes and forests," he said. "So it's a great opportunity (to get) eyes and ears out there, and hopefully we can find something and help this case along."

Thanks everyone for updating the Media thread. There are things there that are things that I did not know about.

JMO
For one the front door damage. Sounds like lots of bullet holes in front door according to this in post #227

"Fitzgerald would not say whether the killer shot through the door but local news footage shows investigators carrying it away from the scene -- covered with what looks like bullet holes. "

Sounds to me the perp was at front door and when he knew someone was behind the door and maybe not opening the door then he shot right through the door a bunch of times and then probably kicked his way on through. It would explain the reports of seeing the Dads feet near front door.

And then there is this in Post #221

"They also wondered whether Jim had gotten into trouble somehow, such as racking up debt.

"I don’t know if he would have said anything to me if he was in trouble. I think he would have. He would have confided in my mother and said, 'I need help,'" Jeff Closs said."

Even though they are trying to guess what may have been a motive I find that very interesting that it was mentioned. I dont think that would have been mentioned without some basis for being concerned about it.

The family is already traumatized and a 13 year old child is missing ! If the family feels they need to listen to this tape to see if the can add anything that might help Jayme , who is LE to deny them that bit of hope ?

On the other hand...if LE doesn't want the family to hear the 911 tape because it might actually hinder the investigation, then that's another matter entirely.

I'd go with the later explanation. JMO

Oh I DO believe if LE (and that includes FBI) thought there was any benefit at all to having the family listen to the 911 call they would allow it. So I have to think they see no good coming from it if all that it includes are the sounds of screaming, moaning, gunshots, chaos and suffering. If there were any spoken words on there, they could be isolated digitally on the tape to allow family members to hear voices they could possibly identify. My thought is that there is none of that, only horror.

Oh I DO believe if LE (and that includes FBI) thought there was any benefit at all to having the family listen to the 911 call they would allow it. So I have to think they see no good coming from it if all that it includes are the sounds of screaming, moaning, gunshots, chaos and suffering. If there were any spoken words on there, they could be isolated digitally on the tape to allow family members to hear voices they could possibly identify. My thought is that there is none of that, only horror.
Based on the initial reports from LE that Jayme was alive and in danger, I have always felt like she was heard on the 911 call, or maybe some sounds indicating she was alive. Screams, crying, etc.

Wisconsin hunters asked to help in search for Jayme Closs
Wisconsin's firearms deer season begins Saturday, and officials are asking hunters across the state to keep an eye out for any evidence that might provide a break in the case of a missing 13-year-old girl.

Todd Schaller, chief conservation warden with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, said information about the case was sent out to deer license vendors statewide, to pass along to hunters. The DNR also posted information about the case at its regional offices and in state parks, as well as on its social media pages.

"We'll have between 550,000 and 600,000 hunters traveling and out and about in woodlots and marshes and forests," he said. "So it's a great opportunity (to get) eyes and ears out there, and hopefully we can find something and help this case along."
That's a lot of people. If nothing is found once hunting season wraps up, she most likely isn't in the Barron area :(

Thanks everyone for updating the Media thread. There are things there that are things that I did not know about.

JMO
For one the front door damage. Sounds like lots of bullet holes in front door according to this in post #227

"Fitzgerald would not say whether the killer shot through the door but local news footage shows investigators carrying it away from the scene -- covered with what looks like bullet holes. "

Sounds to me the perp was at front door and when he knew someone was behind the door and maybe not opening the door then he shot right through the door a bunch of times and then probably kicked his way on through. It would explain the reports of seeing the Dads feet near front door.

And then there is this in Post #221

"They also wondered whether Jim had gotten into trouble somehow, such as racking up debt.

"I don’t know if he would have said anything to me if he was in trouble. I think he would have. He would have confided in my mother and said, 'I need help,'" Jeff Closs said."

Even though they are trying to guess what may have been a motive I find that very interesting that it was mentioned. I dont think that would have been mentioned without some basis for being concerned about it.
That's a good point about the door. I've seen reports that there were "multiple rounds spent" and that DC and JC were killed "execution style" those two terms are contradictory, right? I always thought that execution style was just one shot in close range...multiple rounds wouldn't be considered execution style

Still lean toward someone at work, maybe a spouse, brother, father, relative of someone at work. Maybe it wasn't revenge as I originally thought. Maybe one of the victims knew something or saw something that could cause someone to lose their job or worse. I still think the whole family was the target, or the two adults were the original targets and Jayne woke up and was a witness...and might have recognized the perp. So had to be taken or taken out too. And that she is no longer with us. Hope I am wrong. ...But possibly one of the two was a target and both were murdered if there was any chance the other might
suspect this person and therefore mention to LE. All just my own personal speculation only.

Why wouldn't they allow them to listen to it? It's possible they might recognize a voice other than the Closs's.

Because LE has said there is nothing to be gleaned from it...also for traumatic purposes, jmo. If there is a voice, I think it must Jayme, or her mom saying her name. No reason for them to have that in their ears forever. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase