AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would DNA request not be way to expedite the filter process.... if your going from person to person and asking for dna... 50 say sure whatever u need... person 51 says why do u need my dna .... I would think it would be instant red flag and quicker way to get feel on person ...
Exactly right. But, I respectfully say, maybe some feel uncomfortable giving up their DNA for various reasons. They are hiding something not necessarily connected to the case, or they do not understand the process, or just think that's invasive into their lives. I would have to think about it too and be assured it would only be for this case and would not be put into some database that could be accessed by someone else at a later time.
Does anyone know how that works? How is my DNA protected?

Everyone was at home at 10PM, and it's more likely that the abductor waited for the lights to be out for some time prior to breaking into the house. I'm very curious whether the disconnected land line was cut prior to breaking into the house.

"At 10 p.m. we know everybody was at the house and accounted for," Fitzgerald told Fox News."​

Wisconsin police baffled by Jayme Closs disappearance one month after parents' murder

when a phone gets disconnected there is a message. Is the message noted in the dispatcher report?

If it was cut, there would be no disconnect message

Last edited:
if it was cut how would 911 know before LE got there? a recording maybe? recording are placed by the phone company on their end.

Police said that they tried to phone the house but the phone was "disconnected". I'm trying to understand what that means. Presumably, if police had a phone number for the landline, then the phone was connected and paid for. Does "disconnected" mean that the line was cut?

Sorry, I don't really understand your question.

Interesting. Thanks for the perspective. This could have been random, but I still think they knew Jayme was in the home.

As a Wiccan who has participated in hundreds of "pagan rituals" (and observed even more) over the years, I always find it interesting when this becomes a theory in a murder case. Because despite the fact that the only injuries I've ever seen have been accidental (and mostly from candle flames or stumbling around in the dark), Satanic or pagan ritual has come up in almost every murder case I have ever followed. I blame the Satanic Panic of the 1980s, as well as the somewhat confusing fluid definition of what "pagan" really means. (The Wiccan rede is literally "harm none.")

I would urge everyone to read about Wiccan . At least a credible source, that is, It is nature,

People do get weird with satanic. But there is enough meth around there to cause horrible behavior. They don’t need satanic,

Please correct me if I am reaching here and this has been discussed or if someone had knowledge to whether this has already taken place, but I just wanted to say that I hope family members or guests of people in the vicinity of the Closs house have been checked out. Perhaps a young adult not living at home but just home for a visit and then leaving to go back to their own home or back to college that Sunday night. Maybe someone who is mad at the Closs’ for having turned them in to the police at one time when they still lived in the town. Just reaching out and grasping here.

Last edited:
Roadrunner.Web
6400 cars a day pass the Closs home on average. East of there in the City of Barron 13100 cars a day pass through. You can navigate the interactive map at the link above. Here are screen shots showing the counts at locations on Rt 8.

The first one shows the 13100 traffic counts in the City of Barron.

View attachment 156457

The second one is less than 1 mile west of the Closs home showing a 6400 daily average.

View attachment 156456

Is there a way to add that info permanently on here?

Police said that they tried to phone the house but the phone was "disconnected". I'm trying to understand what that means. Presumably, if police had a phone number for the landline, then the phone was connected and paid for. Does "disconnected" mean that the line was cut?

I think it was still a published phone number but was a line terminated by the household. to know it was disconnected before LE got there there would have to be a recording saying disconnected. the only way that recording gets there is if the phone company puts it there on the phone company end of the line. it could be spoofed but to do so you have to put someone outside waiting on the call back and using a budset and having a recording and I just don't see that at all.

I seriously question whether that road averages 6400 cars per day. I know that’s what it says, but that works out to one car every 13.5 seconds 24 hours a day. I can’t fathom that being accurate.
You would have to take that up with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation as it is their data and their site.

I think it was still a published phone number but was a line terminated by the household. to know it was disconnected before LE got there there would have to be a recording saying disconnected. the only way that recording gets there is if the phone company puts it there on the phone company end of the line. it could be spoofed but to do so you have to put someone outside waiting on the call back and using a budset and having a recording and I just don't see that at all.

My landline was like that for years...if I called it by mistake, recording said it was disconnected. I stopped paying for a landline some years ago and it took a long time until that number was (probably) reassigned. There is no real point in cuting phone lines outside, as in the past, imo.

When your phone is disconnected, the phone company has a message. They do the message. No one else. The message goes on for quite awhile because the number is not reassigned for awhile.

If the line is cut, what happens? Does it keep ringing? I doubt if there is a disconnect message until a phone employee enters data into their system

If the line was cut, and someone tried to phone the landline, wouldn't that also be described as "disconnected"?

If kidnapping was the motive, wouldn’t the perp be able take Jayme at other times during her daily routine? School to activity etc. ? This would avoid murder. Also, the timing of this crime tells me in MOO that whoever this was, knew Mr. Closs’ work schedule. Doesn’t seem like a home invasion to take valuables or cars etc. just MOO.
Jayme was likely like most kids if im awake there’s a phone in my hand... and I can text talk take photo in a nano second.. or live stream or relay info to whomever I want in 1 second. My guess is perp could stalk her in daylight for a week and she might have phone in hand entire time. If perp approaches she text info about perp or photo he’s screwed. Not to mention cluster of 13 yr olds ... likely 10 phones with cameras ...

on the callers end all it would be is endless ringing. on the recivers end nothing happens.

IF it was cut.

I understand. So it's more likely that the landline was no longer used, but the phone number was still registered to them and the house.

Hadn't they recently moved to the area? It's odd that they would set up the phone account and then disconnect it.

I understand. So it's more likely that the landline was no longer used, but the phone number was still registered to them and the house.

Hadn't they recently moved to the area? It's odd that they would set up the phone account and then disconnect it.
I don't have the exact year here in front of me but they had lived there for many years. she had recently changed schools but it was a choice, not from a move.

Most people bail on landline because if u call people usually it’s there cell... and landline becomes solicitations only...I don’t read a lot into landline. The Crime occurred in 1990 I would think it mattered.

everyone, or most everyone, has a phone in their pocket now no need for landline and no reason to think disableing one would stop a call from going out.

Pretty sure Jayme lived her whole life in that house or nearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa