Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace is the Morton Downy of crime reporting. She has been absolutely wrong on many occasions and her irresponsible opinions have led to at least two suicides and a number of lawsuits. It should be against Webslueths rules to even mention her name here.
Just posting a link, surprised that NG commented on a Toronto case.

After seeing the October 2017 interview with Barry and Honey,I am convinced that it was M/M.I saw mutual respect and love for each other.If Barry accidentally killed her and decided suicide for himself I think he would have left a note.If he decided to make it look like M/M he would have made it look more like an intruder had been there.This leads me to believe that someone in whose interest it was to attempt to throw suspicion away from themselves was responsible.It has the appearance of a "biker gang" revenge murder.
rbbm.
How so?
This link with chilling details about biker gang murders in Ontario comes to mind, the cruelty and bizarreness apparently attributed to meth use.fwiw, imo, speculation. rbbm.
The Bandidos massacre: An ‘execution assembly line’ wiped out the Toronto biker gang 10 years ago | The Star
"Kellestine had become convinced that he could seize control of the U.S.-based biker gang’s Canadian operation — and a lucrative trade in methamphetamine — only by wiping out most of his fellow Toronto members and then pinning the killings on their rivals, the Hells Angels."

"Flanz was last to be ushered out of the barn. Kellestine told him that because he was Jewish, he would have to wait until all of the others were executed so that he would suffer the most. Flanz couldn’t stop talking about his love for his young children as he awaited his turn."
The sun was starting to come up when Flanz was finally called outside to die."

“It’s meth logic,” Edward Winterhalder, a former secretary-treasurer of the Bandidos internationally, said in an interview last week.

“That’s all that was. It was logical in (Kellestine’s) mind because he was whacked out on methamphetamine.”

To me the murders and posing had a "biker gang "like appearance,not necessarily done by a biker gang.Dotr,I read that same article that you quote about the Banditos and it was chilling.

You think KW had something to do with this?
I wouldn’t be surprised, but I don’t know.

The only thing I know for sure is that KW goes out of his way with relentless, unfounded and disparaging comments about the Shermans.

I’ve only heard ONE Canadian radio show host cut KW off by saying: ‘okay, that’s enough’ and stopped the interview when KW was on a hateful rant about BS

Other news agencies treat him like a snowflake.

I’m not a NG fan, but I think KW deserves her attention.

ETA: corrected that KW was ranting about BS.
Link to interview Kerry Winter - Cousin of Barry Sherman says Toronto police are chasing 'phantom murderers' in the deaths of the Shermans - Roy Green Show - Omny.fm

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know if the police interviewed the friend that phoned KW to inform him of the murders.How did KW respond?Did he ask how?

Kerry mentioned something about that including his alleged response during the 5th Estate show. If I recall correctly, it was something like “so he finally did it”...

In one of Kerry’s posts here if I also recall correctly he said his girlfriend spoke to a retired police officer outside of the Sherman residence after the murders were discovered (how he knows it was m/s). Aside from the obvious, that a retired police detective isn’t involved in active investigations, I’m curious what his girlfriend was doing there. On one hand he distances himself but on the other he knows everything-about-everything-Sherman, so why didn’t he go there to get the dibs, instead of sending his girlfriend? Or was there a reason he didn’t want to be seen near the Sherman residence?

It would be interesting to know if the police interviewed the friend that phoned KW to inform him of the murders.How did KW respond?Did he ask how?
That’s a good question. I think most people would say ‘what?! How?! When?!’

As MistyWaters pointed out, KW said his response was something like ‘he finally did it, he killed her’ (I think he said ‘whacked’ and called HS a name.)

Barry is amazing!He is struggling to breathe as any body would do even involuntarily. Lack of oxygen is terrifying if anyone has had that experience.

So in his panic, Barry is able to not thrash around, but calmly crosses his ankles. How casually lovely!

Barry is amazing!He is struggling to breathe as any body would do even involuntarily. Lack of oxygen is terrifying if anyone has had that experience.

So in his panic, Barry is able to not thrash around, but calmly crosses his ankles. How casually lovely!
You have obviously read nothing about this type of asphyxiation. From what I have read it is actually very peaceful. The weight on the neck actually causes lack of blood flow to the brain, causing the person to lose consciousness long before they run out of air.

That’s a good question. I think most people would say ‘what?! How?! When?!’

As MistyWaters pointed out, KW said his response was something like ‘he finally did it, he killed her’ (I think he said ‘whacked’ and called HS a name.)

Something else I thought a bit unusual, during Kerry’s media blitz I didn’t get the feeling he had any regret over their sudden deaths. I don’t mean out of care or concern considering he made his high level of heated animosity towards both of them very clear, but the fact their lives had been cut short prior to the conclusion of the final appeal of the lawsuit, the settlement which he obviously believed he was entitled to. Taken even further, given Kerry’s m/s theory, I thought it interesting he distanced himself from the motive and instead concocted a story of Barry’s hatred of Honey. As opposed to maybe suggesting in Barry’s mind he believed he might lose the appeal and eventually the lawsuit as well and went off the deep end over the thought of losing the family feud, and Kerry “winning”.

No Kerry didn’t go there and my personal impression of his demeanour during those interviews was that he was very eager to be given the opportunity to publicly discuss the subject of their deaths on national news networks. And by then even Kerry had low expectations of the appeal being successful (and it wasn’t). So even though Kerry didn’t win the lawsuit, during those interviews to me he came acrosss as satisfied over the news of their deaths.... so it’s not surprising why he’s declared himself as a suspect, because he surely set the stage to become one.

You have obviously read nothing about this type of asphyxiation. From what I have read it is actually very peaceful. The weight on the neck actually causes lack of blood flow to the brain, causing the person to lose consciousness long before they run out of air.

Link?

I do.

MOO
Put it this way, Kerry Winter has never been in that house. If one spec of his DNA had shown up at the scene it would be enough to have him arrested. That obviously hasn't happened. And I seriously doubt that even the dumbest criminal would go on national TV and say that he fantasized about killing the victim.

Something that has become quite clear to me after years on this forum is that there is a certain percentage of people that will try to attach the crime to any given fact. For instance, if it was said that Barry had stopped at Macdonalds on the way home, a certain number of people would be adamant that the killer either worked at that Macdonalds or was there and followed him home. It just doesn't work that way 99% of the time. Kerry Winter is just a piece of Barry Sherman's life. He is an obvious suspect due to the lawsuit, but if there was anything to it he'd be in jail by now.

Put it this way, Kerry Winter has never been in that house. If one spec of his DNA had shown up at the scene it would be enough to have him arrested. That obviously hasn't happened. And I seriously doubt that even the dumbest criminal would go on national TV and say that he fantasized about killing the victim.

Something that has become quite clear to me after years on this forum is that there is a certain percentage of people that will try to attach the crime to any given fact. For instance, if it was said that Barry had stopped at Macdonalds on the way home, a certain number of people would be adamant that the killer either worked at that Macdonalds or was there and followed him home. It just doesn't work that way 99% of the time. Kerry Winter is just a piece of Barry Sherman's life. He is an obvious suspect due to the lawsuit, but if there was anything to it he'd be in jail by now.
You are not in a position to vouch for KW never having been in that house. You don't know that he would have left his DNA at the scene, I'm sure any killer and especially an obvious suspect would take great care to not do so by wearing gloves and head coverings etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member