GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH, and also, an insider and witness to the nut incident, had the gall to lie to Tricia about the incident. The lie was designed to make SW look like a crazy bi-polar nutcase and that version was posted here, as if it was the gospel truth. That is how deceitful those people are.
Not to mention, the 'letter'! Who wrote it? As much as CW is an despicable *advertiser censored* of gargantuan proportions, someone wrote it, what lengths were his family prepared to go to, to get him off? This is criminal behaviour and is unacceptable and they had the gall to point to Shanann as crazy and defective?!! If CW wrote it, it would've been filed away for safe keeping, so I call foul!

I still have some questions that aren't answered by the discovery docs.

I don't think I've seen any mention of the footprint on the bag. What time Shanann's phone was turned off. Whether they found prepared school bags for the Monday anywhere in the house. A report from Jayne the cadaver dog handler (I think that one is missing - although others present made reference to what they observed). What activity there was on Vivint after 4:23am. Which video camera showed him loading their bodies into his truck, because the neighbor's camera couldn't pick up activity inside the garage.

I'm sure there's more but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.
Officer Kate Lines, Pg 39 (Discovery pg 84) - I entered the home with Jayne and her K9 (a cadaver dog). As we moved through the home, Jayne explained what type of scent the dog alerts to. Jayne mentioned several times that the dog alerted to areas where there may have been some sort of trauma or struggle such as an argument, explaining that scent from people, pools and collects in areas. Jayne’s dog was later taken to Chris’s work truck, which was parked just east of his home. Jayne stated that the dog detected but gave no hard command, however, the dog did not enter the vehicle, and the doors were closed.

What is it with the lack of facial hair? Is it because he can't get next to a razor anymore, or even an electric shaver? I guess he could hang himself with the cord, and the danger of the razor is self-explanatory. I bet NK is saying to herself...all for THAT? Where's Larry? Can they have facial hair in the type of prison CW is in? @Larry Levine

Last edited:
Officer Kate Lines, Pg 39 (Discovery pg 84) - I entered the home with Jayne and her K9 (a cadaver dog). As we moved through the home, Jayne explained what type of scent the dog alerts to. Jayne mentioned several times that the dog alerted to areas where there may have been some sort of trauma or struggle such as an argument, explaining that scent from people, pools and collects in areas. Jayne’s dog was later taken to Chris’s work truck, which was parked just east of his home. Jayne stated that the dog detected but gave no hard command, however, the dog did not enter the vehicle, and the doors were closed.
BBM that's the info that I was disappointed we didn't get. Which areas - which room.

I've a feeling that scary, cold expression would be very recognizable to SW and the girls :(

I don't believe he wasn't at least emotionally cruel behind closed doors.

Moo
I think he was passive aggressive, and inflicted emotional cruelty through silence and neglect.

I don’t think he was abusive in the traditional sense (the way most of us associate abuse).

It has the same effect, but it’s just not as overt.

Not to mention, the 'letter'! Who wrote it? As much as CW is an despicable *advertiser censored* of gargantuan proportions, someone wrote it, what lengths were his family prepared to go to, to get him off? This is criminal behaviour and is unacceptable and they had the gall to point to Shanann as crazy and defective?!! If CW wrote it, it would've been filed away for safe keeping, so I call foul!
RE the letter, I never even saw it. Is there some acceptable link to where it was put online?

I remember reading that CW drove SW's Lexus to the birthday party Sunday afternoon. I was wondering exactly where he parked it in the garage when he got back. Was it in the same spot? That could indicate premeditation too, as he would need room to back his truck up and load the bodies.
One of the neighbors stated he would park her Lexus down the street when she was in NC for some reason.

Although he obviously didnt do that for the Az trip since it was in the garage at the time police were called.

GREAT catch.

I found June hard to believe even before I read the coworker's report of unusual closeness between them at the "water cooler." What 30-year-old professional, educated, financially stable woman is looking for wedding dresses after six weeks of dating?
I believe the reality is that NK and CW employment provided that they saw each other daily when CW was in the office for daily dispatch. He started stopping by her office, and they were likely flirtatious with each other more than a year prior to acting on their feelings (allegedly June 2018). Evidence shows that NK had web searched SW as early as Sept 2017, because she was obviously attracted to CW and eyeing her competition -- not because she fantasized that he was going to murder his family and run into the sunset with her. CW was beaming from the attention, and I've no doubt that CW exchanged birthday cards with NK in March, and she probably reciprocated for his birthday in May. MOO

Last edited:
BBM that's the info that I was disappointed we didn't get. Which areas - which room.
Sorry, I thought you were just interested in the report about Jayne's dog. I think this is the only handler who mentioned a particular area of the home:

Pg 40 (Discovery pg 85) - While in the home, a track dog was asked to enter, as there had been some indication from the cadaver dog that a struggle or argument may have ensued. Jeff Hiebert and his K9 entered the home. Jeff stated that his dog showed interest in the unmade bed in the basement and an area just below the stairs, but did not do any final trained alerts. We exited the basement and went upstairs to the garage. No indicators were noted in the garage and we exited the home.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but the DA did not seem to know anything about a letter until it was asked about at the post-sentencing press conference. Will LE continue to investigate and get a copy of this letter now? Will we see it in a future document dump? Or is it considered case closed since CW has been sentenced? @gitana1 can someone face charges if the letter was forged? Or will LE likely let it go?

One of the neighbors stated he would park her Lexus down the street when she was in NC for some reason.

Although he obviously didnt do that for the Az trip since it was in the garage at the time police were called.
Perhaps CW was freeing up the garage so that NK could park inside when she visited. It wouldn't be the first time an AP took action to avoid being detected in the neighborhood... MOO

What is it with the lack of facial hair? Is it because he can't get next to a razor anymore, or even an electric shaver? I guess he could hang himself with the cord, and the danger of the razor is self-explanatory. I bet NK is saying to herself...all for THAT? Where's Larry? Can they have facial hair in the type of prison CW is in? @Larry Levine

I was thinking about the "fifty shades of orange."

I think he was passive aggressive, and inflicted emotional cruelty through silence and neglect.

I don’t think he was abusive in the traditional sense (the way most of us associate abuse).

It has the same effect, but it’s just not as overt.
Yes, and "pushing buttons" constantly and then when SW finally yells, calling her bipolar and mental.

Doing cruel things and passing them off as "jokes"

Moo

If he killed the girls in their beds and left their bodies there for any length of time longer than a few minutes, seeing as the sheets and pillows were still on the beds, the cadaver dog would have alerted to their beds. If it didn't alert at their beds I think that would be a good indication that he killed them very close to the time he left the house, and they weren't dead when Shanann came home.

MOO

We'll see. I really wasn't impressed with their sentencing statements. It seemed to be too much about optics and them trying to salvage their appearance. But I suppose no matter what they said it would be hard to reconcile with their previous statements. And their actions against SW and their grandchildren revealed in the discovery documents are just disgusting.
They could have killed CeCe or Bella with nuts. It wasn't just a petty difference of opinion about rules, it was a dangerous game they were playing to try to make a point and be right (and they were so very wrong). I feel like their actions and SW's declaration that they would never see the children again was a big part of CW's motivation to murder the children too.
Had he only murdered SW and somehow gotten away with telling people she ran away his parents would have eventually exposed the girls to nuts, since they thought SW was lying about that. So he probably felt like he couldn't keep "these kids" as he constantly called them. He couldn't admit to his parents that his kids actually had some health issues and were not perfect. I think there were other things too (like NK's not wanting a man with kids and the fact that it really was a lot of work for him to take care of the kids on his own) but CW's family played a part in his thinking IMO. I doubt they realize that though. I guess we will see what they have to say next. Maybe they will surprise me and admit they were wrong.
I was not impressed either, Cindy still eluded to what could have “led to these events happening”- nothing but your son’s twisted mind- that is it. As to taking out her angst with Shan'ann on the girls with the nut and ice cream incident- that tells me who they are at their core. To be so full of hate that you are willing to play games with your grandchildren's safety and willing to purposefully upset your 3 year old grand daughter is the definition of mean and evil. It was just a few days yet Cindy could not play nice. I have a 3 year old grandson and 18 month old granddaughter and I can tell you there is not a conflict in this world that would cause me to treat them like she did those girls, they are an absolute joy and she could have chosen to still feel that joy and make the most of the time she had with them yet pushing Shanann’s buttons was more important to her. SMH at the wasted energy and hate all over such insignificant things.

Last edited:
Also on page 85
"While in the home, a track dog was asked to enter, as ther had been some indication from the cadaver dog that a struggle or argument may have ensued. Jeff Hiebert and his K9 entered the home. Jeff stated that his dog showed interest in the unmade bed in the basement and an area just below the stairs, but did not do any final trained alerts. We exited the basement and went upstairs to the garage. No indicators were noted in the garage and we exited the home."
----------------------------------------------------------
Makes me think that there was no argument or struggle. They were all sleeping when he killed them? I pray that is true..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled