Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witnesses reported hearing the girl scream and a man dressed in all black with a yellow bandanna across his face force her into the family’s sport-utility vehicle and drive away, authorities have said.

The stolen SUV was found three days later, on Nov. 8. The area where the vehicle was found in some woods is about 10 miles from where Hania was abducted, NBC affiliate WRAL of Raleigh reported.
Body found in North Carolina believed to be abducted 13-year-old girl

This crime appears to have occurred within a 20 mile radius. Body found approximately 8 miles from Quincy Dr where vehicle left abandoned, and 10 miles from Hadia's home. MOO
map-DMID1-5gy5b60q6-640x360.jpg

Last edited:
Witnesses reported hearing the girl scream and a man dressed in all black with a yellow bandanna across his face force her into the family’s sport-utility vehicle and drive away, authorities have said.

The stolen SUV was found three days later, on Nov. 8. The area where the vehicle was found in some woods is about 10 miles from where Hania was abducted, NBC affiliate WRAL of Raleigh reported.
Body found in North Carolina believed to be abducted 13-year-old girl

This crime appears to have occurred within a 20 mile radius. Body found approximately 8 miles from Quincy Dr where vehicle left abandoned, and 10 miles from Hadia's home. MOO
I wonder why they say 8 miles for the distance from where the vehicle was found to where Hania was found as Google shows it as 4.2 miles.
Google Maps

I wonder why they say 8 miles for the distance from where the vehicle was found to where Hania was found as Google shows it as 4.2 miles.
Google Maps
Where did named location 4017 Wire Glass Rd come from? Is this the confirmed location where Hania's body located or speculation? TIA

Why has the media not mention anything about the vehicle the SUV was following on its way out the mobile home park? It's obvious that another vehicle was involved. Which also indicate more than one suspect. If the suspect abandoned the SUV first it's unlikely he walked with or carried her to the "dump" site. If he was alone then it means he killed her first then abandoned the SUV. Which means he walked all the way home. Perhaps called a friend, cab or Uber/Lyft.

When in the process of getting away from crime turning left just does not make sense. Especially behind a slow moving vehicle.

Like it has been mentioned; the mobile home park has one way in and one way out. If you are in there you must be familiar with the place or know someone who lives there. Someone in the mobile home park know who did this to this girl. Someone knows someone who would use a yellow/gold item to cover their face. This behavior is so unique. It's not like simply covering yourself with a hoodie.

Has anyone analyze the route from the mobile home park to the SUV dump site to the body of water? My guess is that the crime was all done (abduction, SUV abandoned, Hania murdered) the morning of the abduction.

Can we get a property history on that trailer? Is it abandoned? For how long? Any chance it’s been recently used as a drug house (as to why someone might know about it)? Why else and how might someone specifically know about this property? Is it private land? Any farming facilities close by, etc? Who is responsible for maintaining that land? What all maintenance would be required?
—-
Note, see potential exit routes towards and away from recovery site.
—-
Noting water disposal yet not the river. How far from closest point to the Lumber River?
—-
Afraid of inconclusive results due to water disposal, moo.
—-
The person who owns that land Has had it since 2009 its 1.04 acres if the correct address is 4302. Doesnt show any dwellings on that land though. Not sure I can post the property owners name?
etA: The person who owns the one directly in front of it is a family member of the owner above...both adresses come up to 4302 wire grass and 4302 wiregrass. just spelled diffrently
ETA: the first one is land only the second is single family home and 2.04 acres that one is closest to the road, the back parcel is 1.04 acres and no dwellings
Other than Wire Grass Rd reports, do we have confirmed location from LE of where body located or is this speculation with no source links? I really don't want to sleuth private land owners. TIA

map-DMID1-5gy5b60q6-640x360.jpg

I just started following this coming from the Jayme Closs and Abigail Williams/Liberty German cases. This stuff is sick and like a nightmare just for a reader. I can't even begin to imagine what this is like for the families. These kids should be alive and going to school events, riding bikes, playing sports, playing musical instruments, singing and enjoying their young lives. This sick, perverted needs to be hunted down.

If she did routinely go out to start the vehicle, then I may lean less toward a random abduction that day. And I start to think IMO the perp(s) might live very close to Hania. Maybe the abductor himself does not live in the mobile home park, but perhaps he frequently visits a friend or family member who does, has seen her before and stated his interest in her, and his connection in the park told him she is frequently alone in the AM. All just MOO.

If she did routinely go out to start the vehicle, then I may lean less toward a random abduction that day. And I start to think IMO the perp(s) might live very close to Hania. Maybe the abductor himself does not live in the mobile home park, but perhaps he frequently visits a friend or family member who does, has seen her before and stated his interest in her, and his connection in the park told him she is frequently alone in the AM. All just MOO.

Her priest said she never started the car-- it was not a routine (BBM):

Nov 14 2018

Por su parte, el sacerdote de la Iglesia Católica San Andrés de Red Springs dijo que la menor asistía a clases de confirmación y que se trataba de una niña tranquila.

Asimismo, señaló que este sería un caso al azar y aislado. “Ella salió sólo a encender el auto debido al clima. Ella nunca hace eso: encender el auto para que caliente”, dijo.

Sin embargo, consideró que no se trataría de un secuestro por dinero, ya que la familia no ha recibido ningún llamado pidiendo rescate. “Hace cinco años que vivo en la zona y nunca había visto y escuchado de un caso similar.

Google Translate of above text:

For his part, the priest of the Catholic Church San Andrés de Red Springs said that the minor attended confirmation classes and that she was a quiet child.

He also pointed out that this would be a random and isolated case. "She went out just to start the car because of the weather. She never does that: turn on the car to warm up, "he said.

However, he considered that it would not be a kidnapping for money, since the family has not received any call for a ransom. "I've lived in the area for five years and I've never seen and heard of a similar case.

¿Dónde está Hania Noelia Aguilar?

Her priest said she never started the car-- it was not a routine (BBM):

Nov 14 2018

Por su parte, el sacerdote de la Iglesia Católica San Andrés de Red Springs dijo que la menor asistía a clases de confirmación y que se trataba de una niña tranquila.

Asimismo, señaló que este sería un caso al azar y aislado. “Ella salió sólo a encender el auto debido al clima. Ella nunca hace eso: encender el auto para que caliente”, dijo.

Sin embargo, consideró que no se trataría de un secuestro por dinero, ya que la familia no ha recibido ningún llamado pidiendo rescate. “Hace cinco años que vivo en la zona y nunca había visto y escuchado de un caso similar.

Google Translate of above text:

For his part, the priest of the Catholic Church San Andrés de Red Springs said that the minor attended confirmation classes and that she was a quiet child.

He also pointed out that this would be a random and isolated case. "She went out just to start the car because of the weather. She never does that: turn on the car to warm up, "he said.

However, he considered that it would not be a kidnapping for money, since the family has not received any call for a ransom. "I've lived in the area for five years and I've never seen and heard of a similar case.

¿Dónde está Hania Noelia Aguilar?

I'm just hypothesizing that (like someone said upthread) perhaps this part was added because they didn't want to feel as if they were doing something wrong by letting her go start the car. Of course I don't personally think it's a big deal, but maybe they were afraid of getting in trouble. IF it was the case that she routinely did it, I would think it's less of a chance to be random. If this is accurate that she literally never warmed it up until that morning, then I do think a random abduction carries more weight with me personally.

Warning: gross

The people in the video who live on Wire Grass Rd related that they smelled decomposition about a week and a half ago which they thought was likely a dead deer. NC has had mild temperatures but has been very wet recently both before and since Hania was taken. So the decomposition rate should be moderate or average compared to dry, cold, hot, very humid, etc. Googling some results on human decomp. smell noticeable by people, it is actually very soon after death. In NC conditions, smell apparent in probably about 12 hours and getting worse.

I wonder if Hania was held somewhere for about 10 days, then killed and dumped there. I doubt the body was moved. The perpetrator may have been watching where LE searches were conducted, and that's why they chose the already searched area?

I think he had a partner in this crime. I think the partner dropped him off near the mobile home park, then drove their vehicle to wait in the dark on the woodline. This perpetrator#1 stole the car and Hania, met perpetrator#2 where the green car was left, and they took Hania from there in their vehicle. They kept her at their location until she died, about 10 days, then they dumped her body at the second location on Wire Grass, 10 days ago.

I think both perpetrators are local.

agreed. he had help moving the car at least.

Good morning everyone.

I believe all of this happened quickly from the abduction...rape IMO murder and discarding Hania's body.

I do feel this was done by a stranger predator and so does the police it seems.

Someone known to Hania wouldn't have to cover their face to disguise who they are.

If Hania knew this person was coming she wouldnt scream for her life as she was forced into the vehicle.

As many of you know right at the very beginning of the case I said this was not about stealing the vehicle. That was just the convenient tool he used to take his intended victim away.

His full intentions all along was to do exactly what he did. The same pattern so many other predators have done in the past. Kidnap the minor child..rape shortly afterwards...then when through raping the child or children they murder their victim/s quickly discarding their bodies. Often their bodies are found in remote wooded areas.

I know some always seem to believe in cases like this before they are solved that a stranger cant randomly target a child. Tragically that simply isn't the case. They target victims when they see them alone with no one right around the child.

Many times the stranger ptedator usually does randomly target victims based solely on opportunities they see at the time for them to do so. We have seen where its happened over and over again.

Tragically we know all too well it only takes less than a minute to grab their victim forcing them inside of the vehicle and they are both gone in a blink of an eye. That is how fast all of it goes down.

Is it horrifying to even think about how quickly a stranger predator can strike right out of the blue without warning? Of course it is but the brutal truth is it DOES happen to many victims just like Hania and so many others.

I believe he may have taken Hania to the area she was found. Imo he raped and killed her in that location maybe inside of the SUV then discarded her body close by.

Then he most likely tried to clean up the evidence inside of the SUV. I am sure the police are looking for any car wash video in the general area.

Then he discarded the vehicle where it was later located.

I think Hania's body is showing them she was most likely killed the day she was kidnapped or in a 24 hour timeline.

God be with everyone who loves and cherishes precious Hania. A beautiful life gone way too soon.

Imo

FBI Charlotte‏Verified account @FBICharlotte
The #FBI is heartbroken to discover the body of Hania Aguilar, who was kidnapped on 11-5. We still need the public's help, & offer the $25k reward for info that leads to the arrest & conviction of the man responsible for her kidnapping & now her death. Tip line- 910-272-5871

DtJAgR1XQAAgPmo.jpg

7:41 PM - 28 Nov 2018

I'm just hypothesizing that (like someone said upthread) perhaps this part was added because they didn't want to feel as if they were doing something wrong by letting her go start the car. Of course I don't personally think it's a big deal, but maybe they were afraid of getting in trouble. IF it was the case that she routinely did it, I would think it's less of a chance to be random. If this is accurate that she literally never warmed it up until that morning, then I do think a random abduction carries more weight with me personally.

It has been treated as a random abduction IMO. The FBI had to chastise the public about rumors that Hania had planned this somehow and run away. That theory does not fit with the witnesses that saw her screaming and falling on the ground (and now we know she is deceased, not hiding out somewhere :( ). If Hania had any online communication from the perp prior to this then I think the FBI would already have the suspect in custody. They also said this:

"The case is being investigated as a stranger abduction, Capt. Terry Parker said."
Lumberton mobile home residents concerned, scared after girl's kidnapping

This wasn't anyone she knew. I think that is why the priest wanted to make that point that Hania did not routinely start the car. In the beginning of the case there was some confusion on that point. I think they may have previously said in Spanish that their family usually had to warm up the car due to the weather and it might have gotten taken as Hania usually warmed up the car. The Priest clarified this was not a daily thing for her to do. I think that if Hania's aunt had come out alone to start the car that day there is a possibility the aunt would have been grabbed instead. MOO. This is a high crime area and there have been break ins recently in the trailer park. The perp may have been there looking for an empty trailer to break into (maybe waiting for people to leave for work) and perhaps he saw Hania with the car instead. It's so scary and sad and I really hope they catch this . :mad::(

Good morning everyone.

I believe all of this happened quickly from the abduction...rape IMO murder and discarding Hania's body.

I do feel this was done by a stranger predator and so does the police it seems.

Someone known to Hania wouldn't have to cover their face to disguise who they are.

If Hania knew this person was coming she wouldnt scream for her life as she was forced into the vehicle.

As many of you know right at the very beginning of the case I said this was not about stealing the vehicle. That was just the convenient tool he used to take his intended victim away.

His full intentions all along was to do exactly what he did. The same pattern so many other predators have done in the past. Kidnap the minor child..rape shortly afterwards...then when through raping the child or children they murder their victim/s quickly discarding their bodies. Often their bodies are found in remote wooded areas.

I know some always seem to believe in cases like this before they are solved that a stranger cant randomly target a child. Tragically that simply isn't the case. They target victims when they see them alone with no one right around the child.

Many times the stranger ptedator usually does randomly target victims based solely on opportunities they see at the time for them to do so. We have seen where its happened over and over again.

Tragically we know all too well it only takes less than a minute to grab their victim forcing them inside of the vehicle and they are both gone in a blink of an eye. That is how fast all of it goes down.

Is it horrifying to even think about how quickly a stranger predator can strike right out of the blue without warning? Of course it is but the brutal truth is it DOES happen to many victims just like Hania and so many others.

I believe he may have taken Hania to the area she was found. Imo he raped and killed her in that location maybe inside of the SUV then discarded her body close by.

Then he most likely tried to clean up the evidence inside of the SUV. I am sure the police are looking for any car wash video in the general area.

Then he discarded the vehicle where it was later located.

I think Hania's body is showing them she was most likely killed the day she was kidnapped or in a 24 hour timeline.

God be with everyone who loves and cherishes precious Hania. A beautiful life gone way too soon.

Imo

Thank you OBE, I was trying to say the same thing but you said this so much better than I did. Now that LE have recovered Hania, I hope they get DNA and evidence they need to catch him before he strikes again. The words of the FBI to be vigilant need to be heeded IMO.

Where did named location 4017 Wire Glass Rd come from? Is this the confirmed location where Hania's body located or speculation? TIA
If you have seen the helicopter video flying over you will see the trailer on the west side of the road as the camera pulls back and as it pulls back further you can see that body of water behind and to the north of the trailer also on the west side of the road. Hania was found in the wooded area just north of that trailer.

ETA: Hania was found somewhere in the woods marked by the X in the attached screenshot of Google Maps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-29_08-00-07.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-29_08-00-07.png
    956.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I’m still going with Crime Of Opportunity. I think Hanna was sitting inside the SUV in the drivers seat. The guy seen the opportunity to steal a running SUV.
I think that he either stays in the community close to Hanna’s house or has a friend or homeless camp along that route.
If the videos could be viewed up to a month before Nov 6 the same guy might be in other videos showing a better view of the person that was seen walking.

Last edited:
In reading the information, I find it particularly disturbing that several interviews were conducted using an 8 year old child as an interpreter. That is unacceptable. A reporter interviewed the family, using the younger sister for interpreting? There are so many issues with this that I don't even know where to start...appalling.

Dear Margarita25,

Geographic Profiling would be used, along with all of their other investigative tools and methods, by this investigative team and they would be looking at the same things you've mentioned.

From my post (#100):

Geographic Profiling :
"In relation to criminal activity, therefore, it follows that an offender has to know about a particular geographical area before he or she begins selecting crimes to commit; and where the offenders movement patterns intersect within this geographical area, will to a large extent determine where the crime takes place."

"Geographic profiling works on the premise that the location of a crime site can provide the police with vital information. It assesses and predicts the offender’s most likely place of residence, place of work, social venues and travel routes etc."

Hi zen :)

Yes I posted some links to Rossmo on the last thread as well as a link to our geographic profiling thread here on WS :) . We do have the minimum of 5 possible data points to plug in (2 of them being possibly insignificant variables, church and school, if this was an opportunistic and random abduction).

(Reference links / qmfr:

Found Deceased - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3

Found Deceased - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3 )

I’m still going with Crime Of Opportunity. I think Hanna was sitting inside the SUV in the drivers seat. The guy seen the opportunity to steal a running SUV.
I think that he either stays in the community close to Hanna’s house or has a friend or homeless camp along that route.
If the videos could be viewed up to a month before Nov 6 the same guy might be in other videos showing a better view of the person.
From what has been reported (don't know how accurate) perp forced her into the car, so she would have been outside. If the perp wanted to steal an SUV, he could have stolen an SUV without kidnapping the girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB