Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hypothesizing that (like someone said upthread) perhaps this part was added because they didn't want to feel as if they were doing something wrong by letting her go start the car. Of course I don't personally think it's a big deal, but maybe they were afraid of getting in trouble. IF it was the case that she routinely did it, I would think it's less of a chance to be random. If this is accurate that she literally never warmed it up until that morning, then I do think a random abduction carries more weight with me personally.
I tend to agree. I don't necessarily believe that it was unusual for her to go start the car. In which case, the crime could be totally pre-planned and perp waited for her to go start the car so he could go kidnap her.

Very sad outcome!! RIP Hania
The facebook live video is little confusing (to me anyway)
Police contacted the couple a little over a week ago asking for there CCTV footage for Nov 5 between 6-12. Why only Nov 5 why not every day until the police arrived? They were still actively looking for Hania and more than a week from finding her, why limit possible information and evidence?
The girl in the video said she still hadn't checked the footage, curiosity would have definitely gotten the better of me even if i was squinting while looking at it not knowing what i may see.

You and me both. I would have had that footage out and been going through it night and day. Especially with the reward money out there. If they found anything at all they would have had more money than they have ever seen. It would have changed their lives. IMO I do think they watched it and it showed nothing of value. I am interested in the abandoned house. Does anyone know if LE has searched it? The old well, as it was described seems pretty innocuous except as a place to dump things such as a weapon. Still praying continually for Hania's family. They are going to need so much strength in the upcoming days, weeks, months.

I tend to agree. I don't necessarily believe that it was unusual for her to go start the car. In which case, the crime could be totally pre-planned and perp waited for her to go start the car so he could go kidnap her.

That makes a lot more sense to me. There may be a lot of reasons why people are not getting the entire story here, sadly, these folks maybe worried about larger family issues, if they are undocumented.

It makes me wonder if undocumented families are prey for predators, because they know that the family won't say much or want extensive police involvement.

From what has been reported (don't know how accurate) perp forced her into the car, so she would have been outside. If the perp wanted to steal an SUV, he could have stolen an SUV without kidnapping the girl.
The only person that seen him “push Hania inside the SUV” was the little sister.

If it was a crime of opportunity to steal the running SUV he would not have known that Hanna was inside the SUV until he got inside.
That’s when the little sister would have “ heard Hania scream but couldn’t hear her”

I think he lives close to that location is why he did not just throw Hania out of the SUV because she could have recognized him.

Last edited:
Don't laugh at me but I would go and listen/talk on my dads CB. FYI, I'm not REALLY that old. Breaker Breaker!

(“Shepherd to BoPeep, Shepherd to BoPeep”....”Breaker 1, Breaker 1, I may be crazy but I ain’t dumb, Craaaaaaazy Cooter coming at ya, anyone there on the Hazard net?”)

Last edited:
The only person that seen him “push Hania inside the SUV” was the little sister.

If it was a crime of opportunity to steal the running SUV he would not have known that Hanna was inside the SUV until he got inside.
That’s when the little sister would have “ heard Hania scream but couldn’t hear her”

I think he lives close to that location is why he did not just throw Hania out of the SUV because she could have recognized him.
And what would be the reason for little sister to claim man forced her into SUV? Furthermore, just because witness is a child, doesn't mean you have to just disregard completely what they say/saw. In Elizabeth Smart kidnapping, the only witness was a little sister, and she eventually was they key to solving the case. I don't believe SUV was the goal. I think the kidnapping of the child was the goal.

If she did routinely go out to start the vehicle, then I may lean less toward a random abduction that day. And I start to think IMO the perp(s) might live very close to Hania. Maybe the abductor himself does not live in the mobile home park, but perhaps he frequently visits a friend or family member who does, has seen her before and stated his interest in her, and his connection in the park told him she is frequently alone in the AM. All just MOO.

^^^^
This

JMO
I totally agree and think the perp doesnt live there but knows a friend or someone that does or did live there in the past. When we see the other video of a person walking on the road adjacent to the entry to the homes I do think that is the perp and to me he looked like he was on a mission to get to her house before she warmed up the car. I think he may have even been checking his cell phone clock to make sure he was early enough.

If I was LE I would be really questioning any residents nearby that may have had friends over in the past. And especially if any residents had recently moved from the area. Because if the perp knew a friend there he may have not struck until he found out they had moved away because he would know LE would not accuse them of the crime then.

If that guy walking on that video is the perp then to me he was on a purposeful mission that morning. He seemed too determined in his walk to me.
All JMO of course.

Last edited:
Hello. Longtime member. Haven't posted in a while...

There is something that's been bothering me about this.

Is it possible that social media may have played into this? Hania thinks she's been communicating with a boy around her age? But in reality, it's an older man, a predator, pretending to be younger in order to gain her trust. Enough that she would tell him where she lives, where she goes to school. Her morning routine? Maybe he wanted to meet her. And knowing that possibly this wouldn't be allowed, she thought of going out to start the car as a way of meeting him? And instead of a 15-year-old kid showing up, an adult male shows up and abducts her? Just throwing that out there. He could have even been communicating with her via a cell as he's walking towards the trailer park. (Burner phone).

Social Media thing bothering me as well. If she was communicating with someone intent on harming her, would he walk to meet her? If it's the guy shown on security cameras walking, what was the next plan. Happenstance that Hania was able to get the keys to the car? Then based on where car and body found, it must be someone familiar with that area, which by the way is opposite direction from where he was seen walking early the morning of the crime.
Here's something that i noticed...in the picture used for the missing posters, Hania's cell phone is in the picture under her propped up knees. Is she protecting what's on it? In posing for the pics, why not place the phone behind or beside you so it's not in the pics? Am I overthinking freudian thoughts? JMO and not victim blaming.

Attachments

• phone.JPG
    phone.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
And what would be the reason for little sister to claim man forced her into SUV? Furthermore, just because witness is a child, doesn't mean you have to just disregard completely what they say/saw. In Elizabeth Smart kidnapping, the only witness was a little sister, and she eventually was they key to solving the case. I don't believe SUV was the goal. I think the kidnapping of the child was the goal.

I think that the little sister might have been told what to say. I think that the aunt was afraid of getting into trouble with allowing Hania to start the SUV.

Another reason that I believe she was told to say that Hania was not inside the SUV, when she is talking to the reporter she uses hand signs to show about the person with the yellow bandana but then no excitable hand signs used while talking about her sister being pushed inside the SUV!?

Young children are some of the most reliable credible witnesses of all.

Yes Elizabeth's little sister was 8 years old at the time. Imo she help solve that case by identifying the suspect even by name

Plus there have been two murder cases I remember where the witnesses were two years old.

Both witnessed their mothers being murdered.

One was the Worthington case when she was raped and murdered by her garbage collector. Her 2 year old was there.

The other one was Jessie Davis who was murdered by the father of her two year old son..Blake. Blake told police....daddy put mommy in the rug.

Children are very reliable witnesses for they have no reason to lie whatsoever.

A neighbor reportedly witnessed her being pushed into the vehicle as well. Heard her scream and saw a man dressed in black with yellow bandana.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2135967002

Deleted. Confusion over address on wire grass where body found. Same site just getting different addresses.

I think the numbering confusion stems from the change from Rural Route addresses to 911 compliant addresses.
People in rural areas had mail delivered to their address of Rt. 3 Box 74, and with the 911 system that didn’t work. In rural areas, like where I grew up in N.C., everybody now has a street address.
JMO

I wonder why the perp returned the car...why didn't he leave her in the car where he left it? I wonder if he transferred to another vehicle after dumping the SUV. The car thing makes no sense to me.
He may have only wanted to "steal" Hania and not the car, but the car was a good way to kidnap Hania. He dumped the car when he was either picked up by a friend,etc., or he had someone meet him there with his car.
Who knoze? I just hope we'll find the kidnapper so we can look to the next step of this horror, i.e., justice.

IMO, this was premeditated. Unsure if Hania was necessarily the target or really any child. The timing was just too accurate. Car starting. Child in car. Takes car.

Also during the AM when children gather in the same place, at the same time. Monday-Friday mornings work like clockwork when school is in session.

What I am still confused with is how no one else really witnessed anything (unless it's just not public which is a possibility).

Mobile home parks aren't usually super small around here and most people know each other's business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg