NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

The Allegations are that PC went to KC home in the early morning hours, shot KC outside the home and then went inside and killed the other members of the family. PC then went down to the basement and started a fire that smoldered untill around 12;30 in which the home was entered and allowed air to stoke the fire. PC then returned to his own home in the early morning hrs and started fires on the exterior ends of his own home and went in to alert the family that he smelled smoke and they all evacuated. I am probably missing some, but thats the gist of the Press conference.

The state contends that the main reason for the fire at the pc home was to make it look like the two families were targeted. They do not believe that there was any intention by pc to murder his family, and that he set the fire at his own home as a Russe to destroy evidence and to give the appearance of being targeted.

The feed was loopy, did anyone catch the cause of death of all four?

His brother was shot multiple times
His sister in law was shot and stabbed to death
His niece and nephew were stabbed to death

This PC was very difficult to to listen to, unbelievable! No one can comprehend the killing of innocent children. Especially when they are family.

Here is the youtube link if you want to try and view again

It probably does, but desperate people do desperate things. How desperate was he?

Also, it's possible that all four victims were in the house at the start of the incident. The plan may have been to stab all four, but brother on brother might be a different a fight. Maybe he needed the gun to be sure that the father did not knock the knife out of his hand, or make a run for it?

I think Kevin was shot because Paul was too afraid to use a knife on his brother. Paul was concerned that Kevin, the stronger of the two, would get the knife from Paul. So Paul chose the more cowardly way to kill his brother.

This disgusts me to no end. Nothing - and I mean NOTHING - is so bad that would warrant these brutal horrendous murders. PC had to have planned all of this out. Doesn’t matter if it was days or hours in the planning. He murdered his own flesh and blood family. He was of sound enough mind to try to burn his own home as a set up. My gawd...WTF is wrong with this man?

He thought money problems were problems?? His problems just quadrupled.

The remaining family members will NEVER get over this.

I am truly sorry for the family and friends of the KC Family.

Last edited by a moderator:
His brother was shot multiple times
His sister in law was shot and stabbed to death
His niece and nephew were stabbed to death

This PC was very difficult to to listen to, unbelievable! No one can comprehend the killing of innocent children. Especially when they are family.

Here is the youtube link if you want to try and view again

I didn't know until now that Keith's wife was shot too. My guess is the shot didn't kill her, but obviously wounded her, so he followed up the shot with the stabbing.

My mind cannot even comprehend stabbing children, his own family members. It's just a fact I read that doesn't sink in (thankfully).

jmo

BREAKING NEWS: Brother of New Jersey millionaire found dead in his burning mansion with his wife and children is charged with their murders a week after being arrested for setting fire to his OWN home hours before they were found stabbed and shot

Brother charged with murders of New Jersey millionaire found dead with his wife and children | Daily Mail Online

Gee, I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya. /sarcasm

I think the questions in my mind remain:
1. Was his wife in on it?
2. If she was not in on it, did he intend on killing her and his kids too and they just got lucky?
3. Or was the fire at his house just a diversion and/or ploy for insurance money?

They have the weapons. Motive was financial. Purpose of fire at Paul’s Home was to destroy evidence and create a ruse.

Paul Caneiro, 51, was charged with four counts of murder, one count of aggravated arson, one count of possession of a firearm and one count of possession of a knife, Gramiccioni said. The charges were first laid out Thursday morning in a complaint filed in Colts Neck Township, New Jersey, records show.

Snip

After allegedly setting the mansion on fire, Paul Caneiro took documents from the crime scene and returned to his home and started another fire, prosecutors said.

The motive in the killings was financial, the prosecutor said, and stemmed from the brothers' joint business ventures out of Asbury Park, New Jersey. Because of that, investigators are also looking into the defendant's business dealings, Gramiccioni said.

Snip

“The fire at his home served two purposes," Gramiccioni said. "One was to destroy evidence that he retained and brought back from the Colts Neck crime scene, and the other was to create some type of a ruse or appearance that his larger overall family was somehow targeted."

Paul Caneiro charged with killing his brother and his family, setting their mansion on fire - CNN

Good article.....trouble between Keith and Paul. Paul owned about a dozen guns including handguns and assault weapons. Paul had been recently living apart from his family, but returned home. Keith was openly discussing ending the business partnership. Keith was pursuing jobs elsewhere and going on interviews.

Before Colts Neck Murders, Two Brothers and Troubled Business Ties

I wonder if PC was embezzling and this had recently come to light for KC?

spending a ridiculous amount of money on flash cars and a deck with stainless steel hardware? - and then the ?

I’m surprised at these charges. ( said no one except maybe his wife and kids)

It was bad enough knowing that Keith and his wife and children were killed. It was bad enough instantly suspecting...knowing...that PC did it. But to stab children!! That’s unthinkably depraved. Monstrous. Beyond words. I can’t think of another case like it. Even Chris Watts didn’t do that! I’m sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back