GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it just continues to boggle my mind. At first I did wonder if he went into some kind of steroids/super caffeine over dose rage but then watching his interview with police like damn I don't know /what/ is with that guy. I keep thinking he has some form of autism and I don't know what else. I feel like he must really compartmentalize and almost convince himself the lies are reality but I'm just grasping at straws because none of it makes sense to me. I would never, without knowing what happened and all the evidence and watching the interviews after the fact, peg him for a guy who might murder his whole family.

Earlier in the case, I did wonder if Shanann actually did snap and kill the kids but watching his interview and awkward covering, yeah I don't think so. I do wonder if he won't face that he "hurt" them from the way he phrased things -- like he wanted to believe he gave them a painless death somehow? Some of his denials seem to emphasize not "hurting" them. Again, I may be really stretching but its all so weird.

I can see how people are questioning if his dad is coaching him too but I just don't think so. Again maybe I'm trying to make as much slightly less horrifying sense of it as I can and not wanting to think even more people were involved in this, but I still think it's possible for them to have had their own reasons to be doubtful of Shanann and want to believe their son. She doesn't have to have always been perfect, chill and easy to live with angel to still be a tragic victim in this. Like others said, I'd love to read some kind of official psych evaluation of this dude and how a professional would describe him.
What this guy did, cannot be explained by some sort of ingested chemical.

An act of rage, is generally not followed by a purposeful and calm effort to commit a coverup.

This guy knew what he was doing, dumbassery aside.

The fact that two people don’t snap at the same time, coupled by his hideous body disposal, meant that there could only be one killer here. I never considered his story for a second.

We’ll never know exactly what he was thinking, nor will we truly be able to understand his actions.

All we can do is look at similar cases, and try to learn what we can from them.

Unfortunately, there have been numerous crimes that bare a striking similarity.

Some of his actions are unique, but he is no different than many men who have come before him.

He is almost certainly a sociopath, which means he doesn’t think like most of us.

Fortunately.

Hi--I have a question regarding the death lawsuit by Shannan's family.

I thought families' filed wrongful death lawsuit's when the defendant wasn't able to be prosecuted or when the defendant's sentencing didn't seem "enough" to the families. I am confused about the wrongful death lawsuit against CW because he already pled to guilty to all three homicides. So, I guess I am asking two questions: 1) Is it normal to have a wrongful death lawsuit even if the defendant has already pled guilty; and 2) what do you think SW's family is seeking by having this extra court case?

I mean no offense to SW's family. I am just trying to understand the purpose/point of the lawsuit. It is an honest question--no judgement on my part.

The WD suit is a civil suit, not a criminal proceeding, and it is completely independent of a criminal situation.

Here is some specific info of WD lawsuits in Colorado. The write-up is very informative and easy to understand.
------------------------------------------------
Colorado Wrongful Death Claims

In Colorado, a "wrongful death" claim is a civil lawsuit that attempts to establish the liability of one person or company for the death of another. In order to do so, the claimant must demonstrate that the death was caused by the negligence, recklessness, or intentional behavior of another person or entity. Many types of accidents and injuries that form the basis of a personal injury case -- such as car accidents, slip and fall accidents, or injuries inflicted by defective products -- may also form the basis of a wrongful death suit.

------------------------------------------------
Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Colorado

Watts gave mistress cards, love letters in weeks leading up to murders
Convicted murderer Christopher Watts gave his mistress, Nichole Kessinger, several handwritten cards and love letters in the weeks leading up to the murders of his wife and kids, records from the latest cache of case file data show.

The letter first in the case file, dated July 3, is a birthday card for Kessinger in which Watts states he hopes all of her dreams come true and that her year is filled with smiles, laughter and love. In one of two handwritten notes on the card, Watts writes:

"Your energy is so insane. You heat me up, you make me melt and then you cool me down like rain."

"Big things will happen this year, Dreams will come true," Watts writes in the second handwritten portion of the card. "That smile (that stare), that laugh (that giggle) gets me every time!!"

On July 30, Watts gave Kessinger two cards; one he purchased and one he made himself with a folded piece of paper. In the latter, Watts writes:

WattsFiles2-GDT-120218-1-300x154.png

A birthday card Watts sent to mistress Nichole Kessinger
"Wow, where do I even start? The first day I saw you, you took my breath away. The first day I had the guts to talk to you, I got lost in those stunning green eyes. The first day we hung out in the park together, I knew I was addicted. The first time we kissed, I knew I had met the most amazing, unique and electric woman EVER!!
Are we sure he is talking about the same woman we saw and heard during the interview? I just don't see it. She just doesn't seem that captivating to me. Have we heard the giggle yet?

Watts gave mistress cards, love letters in weeks leading up to murders
Convicted murderer Christopher Watts gave his mistress, Nichole Kessinger, several handwritten cards and love letters in the weeks leading up to the murders of his wife and kids, records from the latest cache of case file data show.

The letter first in the case file, dated July 3, is a birthday card for Kessinger in which Watts states he hopes all of her dreams come true and that her year is filled with smiles, laughter and love. In one of two handwritten notes on the card, Watts writes:

"Your energy is so insane. You heat me up, you make me melt and then you cool me down like rain."

"Big things will happen this year, Dreams will come true," Watts writes in the second handwritten portion of the card. "That smile (that stare), that laugh (that giggle) gets me every time!!"

On July 30, Watts gave Kessinger two cards; one he purchased and one he made himself with a folded piece of paper. In the latter, Watts writes:

WattsFiles2-GDT-120218-1-300x154.png

A birthday card Watts sent to mistress Nichole Kessinger
"Wow, where do I even start? The first day I saw you, you took my breath away. The first day I had the guts to talk to you, I got lost in those stunning green eyes. The first day we hung out in the park together, I knew I was addicted. The first time we kissed, I knew I had met the most amazing, unique and electric woman EVER!!
Seems like the next line should be...will you go to prom with me?

jmo

Yeah it just continues to boggle my mind. At first I did wonder if he went into some kind of steroids/super caffeine over dose rage but then watching his interview with police like damn I don't know /what/ is with that guy. I keep thinking he has some form of autism and I don't know what else. I feel like he must really compartmentalize and almost convince himself the lies are reality but I'm just grasping at straws because none of it makes sense to me. I would never, without knowing what happened and all the evidence and watching the interviews after the fact, peg him for a guy who might murder his whole family.

Earlier in the case, I did wonder if Shanann actually did snap and kill the kids but watching his interview and awkward covering, yeah I don't think so. I do wonder if he won't face that he "hurt" them from the way he phrased things -- like he wanted to believe he gave them a painless death somehow? Some of his denials seem to emphasize not "hurting" them. Again, I may be really stretching but its all so weird.

I can see how people are questioning if his dad is coaching him too but I just don't think so. Again maybe I'm trying to make as much slightly less horrifying sense of it as I can and not wanting to think even more people were involved in this, but I still think it's possible for them to have had their own reasons to be doubtful of Shanann and want to believe their son. She doesn't have to have always been perfect, chill and easy to live with angel to still be a tragic victim in this. Like others said, I'd love to read some kind of official psych evaluation of this dude and how a professional would describe him.

you are making this much too complicated-we dont need a Psych evaluation--
Christopher Watts is an evil cold blooded killer of his family-- they were obstacles
in the way of what he wanted-- a new life--a new woman-

The Jim she was so reluctant to talk about?

You know, the way this Jim looks, and especially the context of NK texting with her friend CN made me think. So far I have met only one subculture that is so open about their love experiences that they almost want you to ask them...now my wheels are spinning, and I got a question.

My question is, everyone has noticed that in 2017 NK Googled SW, and it was surprising.

My question is, at that time, in 2017, did she Google Chris, too?

Or only Shanann?

The documents say, Shanann? If she Googled both Wattses, won't it be mentioned somewhere?

And even if she saw Chris in 2017, and got interested, would she not Google him first, then his wife? So why was she interested in Shanann? Shanann didn't know her, as far as I know.

When Tammi (is that the name of the polygraph CBI detective?) asks what his dad had to say about CW coming in, I thought the advice his dad gave him would be something along the lines of "Just tell the truth, Son." Nope, he told him "Just do what they ask" -- etc. Sounded like advice from a father who knew his son was shady and the truth was not going to help him.
Or like a parent who’s never taught his son to think for himself.

An act of rage, is generally not followed by a purposeful and calm effort to commit a coverup.

The fact that two people don’t snap at the same time, coupled by his hideous body disposal, meant that there could only be one killer here. I never considered his story for a second.

We’ll never know exactly what he was thinking, nor will we truly be able to understand his actions.

Some of his actions are unique, but he is no different than many men who have come before him.

He is almost certainly a sociopath, which means he doesn’t think like most of us.

Fortunately.

agreed. If he was on a roid rage wouldn't he had black circles under his eyes from the lack of sleep?
Emotional hangover?
He looks like he never slept better during the now infamous porch interviews.

I will never forget that horrific case either. And, both of these "other women" will grow old and flabby just like the rest of us...some sooner rather than later....and then what? Neither one of the "other women" were spring chicks, MOO. If I recall correctly, Chris Coleman's parents still believe he's innocent.
Yes they do, they are very strange too. The dad blamed the affair on his dead wife “Any man is going to stray if his wife is not performing her duties”. I read in a legal brief that Chris’s dad had one of the nude photos of the girlfriend on his computer- ewww. His dad is a preacher, a poster said he was a member of the church and dad kicked anyone out if he suspected they thought Chris was guilty and he was using the church funds to pay for his defense.

You know, the way this Jim looks, and especially the context of NK texting with her friend CN made me think. So far I have met only one subculture that is so open about their love experiences that they almost want you to ask them...now my wheels are spinning, and I got a question.

My question is, everyone has noticed that in 2017 NK Googled SW, and it was surprising.

My question is, at that time, in 2017, did she Google Chris, too?

Or only Shanann?

The documents say, Shanann? If she Googled both Wattses, won't it be mentioned somewhere?

And even if she saw Chris in 2017, and got interested, would she not Google him first, then his wife? So why was she interested in Shanann? Shanann didn't know her, as far as I know.

Which subculture would that be? swingers or kink subculture? I'm curious.

Then he sent photos to NK of wildflowers while he was out in the field burying his wife. What a total *******.

Yes, he wanted to get on with his new life. Out with the old, and in with the new. Cut & dried. Turn the page. The arrogant and impatient little s***.
Now his new life will be behind bars -- no swimming pools, no movie stars. Just mopping floors, cleaning the showers, and powdered eggs and watered-down kool-aid for breakfast, for starters. Free eats, laundry supplied, free room and board for the rest of his life. Such a shame. Way to go, Smart-boy.

I still think NK was aware that he planned to kill them. I have zero proof or evidence, but I wouldn't be shocked if she knew in advance or even asked him to prove his love to her.
I think she wasn't completely honest about the details of their relationship, and she hid things from LE because she was embarrassed and afraid that they might suspect her of somehow being involved. I'm sure they were suspicious at first, but I think they would have uncovered evidence of her involvement. It's pretty clear from their communication that she had no idea that he was going to kill them. Imo

Fortunately.
About similar cases: I see a lot of similarities between him and Manling Williams. About the same age, extramarital affair, smothering her two boys, trying to pin it on her husband whom she literally slashed with a catana. She too had a plan (or rather no plan at all) that couldn’t have worked and was just as sloppy as CW. In her interviews, she came across as someone who couldn’t harm a fly. She‘s on death row in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosebud79922