GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

I'd like to welcome our new verified attorney riolove77. Riolove77 has been a member for many years but is now a lawyer has so graciously agreed to become verified.

Riolove77 is also into the Watts case like all of us.

Welcome, Riolove77 as our latest verified member/attorney on Websleuths.
Tricia

Maybe she (NK) was interested in CW and heard a reference to a wife, or someone named Shanann in his life, and googled it. She found he was married and moved on, hence; the passed time. Then, much later, there was some interest or interaction at work (he walks into her office and introduces himself) and the dance begins.
But why just her and not him?

I saw that her new lawyer was specifically a type of lawyer for libel.

That made me think she was perhaps looking after a book deal ( or do an exclusive tell all) to see what she could say legally without being slanderous or libelous, because why else would she get that type of a specific lawyer.

There have been lawsuits where people go after defamatory/libelous Internet postings about them -- including anonymous posts -- I'm no attorney but I've seen some unwise (MOO) postings about NK! I mean really unwise! (MOO)

I didn't like the pre-2018 polygraph "lie" questions. I thought that was a bit clunky. Especially the one about wanting to harm someone - it would not necessarily be a truth that he would have to lie about. Does everyone fantasize about harming another person? I certainly don't.
I did like the question about whether he’d ever said anything hurtful to someone he loved in anger. Pretty sure most people have done this. He said no.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

I'd like to welcome our new verified attorney riolove77. Riolove77 has been a member for many years but is now a lawyer has so graciously agreed to become verified.

Riolove77 is also into the Watts case like all of us.

Welcome, Riolove77 as our latest verified member/attorney on Websleuths.
Tricia

Welcome! Interested in your theories :)

A Scott Reisch video came out yesterday, sorry i can't figure out how to link on this tablet, but it's on youtube, titled something like sex and murder.

I think he isn't always up on the details of the case, for instance he says that cw took the girls to the birthday party on Saturday, which we all know is wrong.

He says some strange (to me) things like, clearly cw and nk were planning on "spending their lives together".

But as a defense attorney he completely discards the explanation of sw's bac, that it only counts at the time of death. He says it would never be allowed for the state to introduce the possibility of after-death decomposition causing the high figure, as a result of heat.

He does get some details wrong, but I keep watching him for the view from the defense. I don't know why he seems to be so intent on developing that youtube platform, I don't think anyone who needs a crackerjack defense lawyer would look on youtube.

Last edited:
The videos I have watched made by psychologists say this is not about an unhappy marriage in the classic sense. They describe him as a sociopath lacking the “gene” that makes us feel a responsibility to do good for others, he does not have the guilt when he does not do good. He cares about how others see him though. When he met someone and had the opportunity to cheat that is not necessarily because he was miserable at home. They described him as problem solving by murdering his family, it was not a result of any festering rage. If it was from rage you would expect to see regret and grief following but none of that is seen. In the police interviews they asked him what he was thinking and his response was how he let his family down, mom, dad, sister, co workers. He never once said anything about never seeing his girls again, never cried over his loss, he did cry at the thought of co workers helping to recover the bodies. All evidence that he does not bond and feel emotions internally, people are like objects.

Yes and that's what stood out to many who kept repeating that had it been rage or had it been Shanann who did it, he would express some form of grief for his children. Shock at least which we do not see. At the LEAST, he would not be so cavalier, carefree and even jovial at times.

It was transparent that he felt nothing for the loss of his children.

I think Googling a very specifically spelled name that turns out to be the wife of a future lover is more discussion-worthy than the wedding dress searches.

The very specifically spelled name of the wife that was murdered by that future lover is more relevant than the wedding dress search because there is a chance that the wedding dress search was because a friend was getting married or she was helping a friend find a suitable wedding dress.

This comes to mind to me because I spent hours and hours searching for Mother-of-the-Bride Dresses a few years back to help my sister out. I have no children, so definitely not a relevant search for me.

Perhaps if we had context around both of those searches we could have have better-informed discussions. But if NK was the source of the context, would we believe her?
It wasn't just wedding dresses, it was 'man marries mistress' as well, or wtte.

The very specifically spelled name of the wife that was murdered by that future lover is more relevant than the wedding dress search because there is a chance that the wedding dress search was because a friend was getting married or she was helping a friend find a suitable wedding dress.

I almost thought this but remembered another search: marrying your mistress.

If that search was done around the time of the wedding dress search, then it looks more like the search is for herself.

I agree they aren't very creative but great mimics. I found a black book left at my apt. by an MNPD/psychopathic man, I was dating. He wrote down quotes from books, movies that he felt worked on women. He was insincere but sure mimicked a genuine human being. Everything about him was fake.
He claims he never dreamed but would watch movies about men who dreamt and write down their dreams so to not appear odd. He genuinely didn't seem to understand humans and their emotions and took field notes on how to manipulate people into getting what he wanted.
He said, "when I was little I had no sense of self so I wrote down my favorite movie characters and copied them." He thought this was normal behavior to not have a sense of self or a core identity. He thought everyone put on masks every day a new and different one for each person.
He would study his target for up to a year in advance having multiple victims or targets lined up in case another one didn't work out.
Here I thought he wrote these romantic poems only to find them in his Black Book from other books/films.
He stalked me, studied me for two years in advance knew my work, college class schedules, everything even befriended friends to quiz them on my favorite color, music/art, food etc...so when we spoke I thought wow, we have so much in common it was all a mask, a game, a fake identity. When the mask finally came off it was the exact opposite and frightening. When he knew I wasn't buying his bs anymore was the dangerous moment. He feared I'd expose him to others.

This is so absolutely TRUE about Narcissists. Mimics my own experience with a very high-functioning Malignant Narcissist

This personality disorder is often ascribed to childhood manipulation by a Narcissistic parent, which is most often a mother for a male child.

This certainly seems to follow the influences that CW's mother exerted on him.

Yes and that's what stood out to many who kept repeating that had it been rage or had it been Shanann who did it, he would express some form of grief for his children. Shock at least which we do not see. At the LEAST, he would not be so cavalier, carefree and even jovial at times.

It was transparent that he felt nothing for the loss of his children.

He was completely detached. It’s unreal watching someone behave the way he was.

There have been lawsuits where people go after defamatory/libelous Internet postings about them -- including anonymous posts -- I'm no attorney but I've seen some unwise (MOO) postings about NK! I mean really unwise! (MOO)

I also wonder if there's any kind of case for the unwanted attention these releases may have gotten her. If Chris and even Shanann's family are getting all kinds of weird letters who knows what she's getting.

Yes disturbing for sure. I believe it was MsBetsy who stated he only did it as he knew he was being watched. I agree.

But can you imagine? This is a man who took care of those kids. Knew them super well. I mean how you act that for years is beyond me. The narcissists and sociopaths I've seen in my work can put on an act but the moment no one is looking or as soon as they feel comfortable they're no longer putting their child first or adequately caring for their needs.

Not this guy. For four years he changed diapers, fed, bathed and dressed them, gave them their medicine, played games, snuggled, packed their supplies, wiped noses, consoled them, all the stuff a normal and bonded parent does.

Then he not only killed them but could calmly look at videos of them, knowing he will never see them alive again, and showed no remorse or grief of any kind.

None of us are ever going to understand this. Or be able to figure it out. Yet we will keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24