GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second clearance of the house. This was filmed at night and the house is in darkness. All officers enter the home with their guns drawn.

Why did they do a second clearance of the house? To make sure bodies weren't hidden somewhere? Because they aren't processing the house, looking for blood and evidence of a break in or anything.

She finds a text to her best friend, Charlotte, made “weeks ago”. It was in fact August 7.

I watched the entire first video/interview w/her this am and thought it was bizarre that she kept referring to, or answering questions about, previous interaction w/CW as if it were SO LONG AGO she couldn't possibly remember - they dated what, 2-3 months? Didn't know how long he was in NC. Didn't remember the name of the town. Didn't know SWs name for awhile? Honey, please. The first thing anyone does, esp a female, when interested in someone else, is Google them, look for a FB account, etc. And I'm sure knew exactly how long he was gone and where he was. None of this is relevant if she had nothing to do with what happened, but I think maybe she went a little overboard trying to appear not that interested in him, suggesting that she really thought he should work things out with SW, etc.

And now I see there are 672 more videos to watch. Ack! (Appreciate all the posts for them, though!)

This is why i am fascinated by him living in the basement

There is no cladding on the walls. Storage crap everywhere. Dusty as hell (you can see in the officers torch light),

I mean I get sleeping in the spare room and all.

But when he has such a big house, why sleep down there?
Inmate Watts told LE he had slept down there a couple of times. I'm wondering if his "sleeping in the basement" merely consisted of him going down there to call NK (maybe a pretend work-out for Shanann's benefit?) and then sleeping in the master bedroom as usual. That corresponds to what Shanann described - that everything was normal before the trip to NC.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know we can't believe everything he says.

MOO

One last comment from me on the NK interview. She stated she did not see CW on Friday and she had a friend that stayed over that night. I wonder who the friend was? Was she seeing someone else?
(Sorry i don't know where in the 2nd interview she said it and cannot tolerate listening to it again to find out)
That was a man called Jim. She was very reluctant to give LE details about him, even though they asked so they could verify her whereabouts with him.

In the video of CW meeting w/his father in the interrogation room, the large doll that SW apparently found covered in that plastic was brought up, but the video was so poor at that point I couldn't make out what they were saying. It sounded like his father brought it up to the investigators and that they thought Bella did it, but that's about all I made out. Anyone hear any more than I could?

I watched the entire first video/interview w/her this am and thought it was bizarre that she kept referring to, or answering questions about, previous interaction w/CW as if it were SO LONG AGO she couldn't possibly remember - they dated what, 2-3 months? Didn't know how long he was in NC. Didn't remember the name of the town. Didn't know SWs name for awhile? Honey, please. The first thing anyone does, esp a female, when interested in someone else, is Google them, look for a FB account, etc. And I'm sure knew exactly how long he was gone and where he was. None of this is relevant if she had nothing to do with what happened, but I think maybe she went a little overboard trying to appear not that interested in him, suggesting that she really thought he should work things out with SW, etc.

And now I see there are 672 more videos to watch. Ack! (Appreciate all the posts for them, though!)

Is there a link that works to review the new documents? I was never able to get it to work after it crashed.

Why did they do a second clearance of the house? To make sure bodies weren't hidden somewhere? Because they aren't processing the house, looking for blood and evidence of a break in or anything.

IIRC, there was a call from one of the neighbors that they thought someone had broken in because of garage lights on or something? I believe this video is from the police clearing the house to make sure no one was there.

In her (initial) interview in the discovery docs, NK says she recalls a white car of some kind CW drove once or twice. She doesn't say white Lexus. And her not wanting to say Shanann's name. The contempt is strong with this one...
I don’t think this is indicative of “contempt.”

The less she knows, the less her culpability for carrying on with a married man.

If the wool was pulled over her eyes, she looks a lot better than the alternative.

She’s trying to put distance between herself and everything that happened.

She’s concerned about appearances.

A bit transparent though.

Did they do a toxicology test on SW? It’s not because I think she was on anything but that possibly CW drugged her prior to strangling her. I guess it just perplexes me that there was no obvious struggle. Even if she was sleeping, wouldn’t that wake/startle/scare the bejesus out of someone enough to wake? It’s downright terrifying how we don’t really know who we are sleeping next to.

Someone hypothesized that he killed the girls first and then waited until SW got home and showed her what he had done and she just collapsed from the shock, fatigue, being pregnant and not feeling well and basically gave up. I can't see her not fighting back if the kids were still alive and she knew it. Also they did do a toxicology and did not find anything unusual from what I recall.

I asked in the other thread before it closed but what is the MSM and MRS abbreviation I keep seeing?

That was a man called Jim. She was very reluctant to give LE details about him, even though they asked so they could verify her whereabouts with him.

I remember she said in her first interview Jim stayed over but I understood that to mean the night before the interview not the previous Friday night. I could be wrong or maybe be stays frequently?

Someone hypothesized that he killed the girls first and then waited until SW got home and showed her what he had done and she just collapsed from the shock, fatigue, being pregnant and not feeling well and basically gave up. I can't see her not fighting back if the kids were still alive and she knew it. Also they did do a toxicology and did not find anything unusual from what I recall.
Yeah. I’ve said this before, but he was concerned about achieving a goal, not sadistic mental torture.

He had to catch her off guard, and Shanann discovering her kids being dead, would make things more difficult for him.

It would risk the success of his plan.

If she discovered this, she would have fought.

Hard.

The autopsy results show that there wasn’t a violent physical struggle between the two.

I think we can put this scenario to bed.

Atleast I have.

Yeah. I’ve said this before, but he was concerned about achieving a goal, not sadistic mental torture.

He had to catch her off guard, and her discovering her dead kids would make things more difficult.

It would risk the success of his plan.

If she discovered this, she would have fought.

Hard.

The autopsy results show that there wasn’t a violent physical struggle between the two.

I think we can put this scenario to bed.

Atleast I have.

Understood. I still don't understand how there are no marks on her or him. Haven't you heard all the stories of pregnant women lifting cars off their husbands? I would think she would've at least had marks on her from a struggle, trying to free her arms or something...it's strange

@Layla123
“If you're encouraging someone to work on their marriage, would you advise them to pawn their wife's wedding ring?”

At the time that NK suggested that CW pawn the ring, she thought SW was out of the picture....

@NuttMegg
Refresh my memory, did she tell him to pawn SW's ring on Tuesday? Anyway, after she heard SW left without purse, medicines, telephone and car? (I really don't remember when that text was, ie Monday, Tuesday, or even Wed.)

Per NK's 8/16/18 Interview with CBI, she told him to pawn the rings on Monday during the day or evening, Discovery page 575. Per her interview with the Denver Post, she said she didn't even consider Shan'ann had done anything but left for the day at that time, and wouldn't have thought she was missing until Tuesday, but on Monday evening she saw the news reports about the pregnancy.

There is a screenshot of recovered texts about the wedding ring that would have a timestamp, but I cannot locate them.

ETA: There is a call log of a 51 minute long call between NK & CW from 11:09 on Monday (8/13) night, and then shortly after midnight NK googles regarding the missing Shan'ann, and then has a call of 10 minutes early Tuesday (8/14) morning at 2 am with CW. At 9:30 AM Tuesday, CW puts the last photo of NK into the Secret Calculator app. At noon Tuesday, NK googles the case for 4 hours, and at 5pm if "cops can trace text messages". She reports that Tuesday was when she initiated her data deletions. On Wednesday morning 8/15/18, after speaking with her father, NK contacts LE for the first time. From several different directions, evidence mounts, a confession (partial) emerges, and CW is arrested Wednesday evening.

The call/text log information is gleaned from the digital data timeline at the end of the Discovery document. I cannot cite page numbers at the moment.

There are day/date match errors throughout the Discovery from various sources. It appears that NK says she facetimed with CW Monday night, which may be the same as the 51 minute call, I couldn't say.

Last edited:
Understood. I still don't understand how there are no marks on her or him. Haven't you heard all the stories of pregnant women lifting cars off their husbands? I would think she would've at least had marks on her from a struggle, trying to free her arms or something...it's strange
Scott Peterson didn’t either, and he likely strangled Laci.

He could have pinned her arms, or used a chokehold from behind.

She would have been out quickly.

She was tired, pregnant, and had other physical ailments.

No matter how he did it, he was obviously successful.

Last edited:
IIRC, there was a call from one of the neighbors that they thought someone had broken in because of garage lights on or something? I believe this video is from the police clearing the house to make sure no one was there.

There was a text from Shanann’s mom (?) I think saying that someone was at the back door of the house, and a woman was caught on the neighbor’s camera approaching the front door of the house but not seen leaving. The house alarm was activated There were 2 incidents that day I think.

Discovery 1138 and 1140

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member