GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understood. I still don't understand how there are no marks on her or him. Haven't you heard all the stories of pregnant women lifting cars off their husbands? I would think she would've at least had marks on her from a struggle, trying to free her arms or something...it's strange

I have noticed the long sleeve shirt the next day. Odd for a guy that likes to show off his body, arms and tatoos. If there were any he had a couple of days for smallish marks to heal IMO.

Understood. I still don't understand how there are no marks on her or him. Haven't you heard all the stories of pregnant women lifting cars off their husbands? I would think she would've at least had marks on her from a struggle, trying to free her arms or something...it's strange

There may have been slight superficial marks on her but decomp prevented those being seen. I think many of us imagine a scenario where Shanann was sleeping with a blanket/sheet pulled up and CW got on her back, up near her shoulders on top of the blanket and pinned her down. She probably barely woke up before she was rendered unconscious. The blanket likely muffled any marks on either of them. She may have been trying to get out of it but her arms were stuck under him. MOO

As far posters wishing harm or describing what they want to do to Chris Watts yes we have had posters say things of this nature. If you are not seeing these posts that means they are being removed by the mods like they should be. However, posts may not be removed immediately but we are doing our very best to make sure any post wishing violence on any one is removed ASAP.

What Larry Levine said on HLN was the truth as he read here on Websleuths. Don't be upset with him. If you want to do something alert on any post that even hints at violence toward anyone. Any type of violence.

Is there anything else we can talk about other than NK? Just wondering.
Tricia

Pregnancy is exhausting, and she was working, travelling, stressed with trying to save her marriage, and raising 2 little ones. I can't imagine another scenario other than her almost passing out into bed at 2am after checking on the girls.

Above post was a reply about lack of defensive wounds

I don't buy the theory that she was so tired and sorrowful over the girls being dead that she gave up. I'm a mom and if anyone hurt/killed my child, I would see red and want to tear them to shreds. SW has joked about having an Italian temper and given how protective she was during nutgate, I think no matter how crappy she felt, she would have fought. So either she was pinned or drugged or caught off guard or some other combo. I definitely don't think she would willingly give up. I think she didn't have much of a chance.

I don't buy the theory that she was so tired and sorrowful over the girls being dead that she gave up. I'm a mom and if anyone hurt/killed my child, I would see red and want to tear them to shreds. SW has joked about having an Italian temper and given how protective she was during nutgate, I think no matter how crappy she felt, she would have fought. So either she was pinned or drugged or caught off guard or some other combo. I definitely don't think she would willingly give up. I think she didn't have much of a chance.
You're assuming CW killed the girls first; I think he killed Shanann first and then the girls. I think she would have gone to check on each girl before going to bed.

@Larry Levine appearance on HLN, as referenced by @scdiv

I think his point about the difference between Scott Peterson and CW, is a good one.

Peterson still denies killing his wife and unborn child. Cw on the other hand, has admitted to killing them all.

People obviously view these two people differently, even though they are both scum.

Last edited:
I’d like to know if any neighbours or friends have had time to reflect and remember if there have been inconsistencies with CWs behavior in past years. Eg: did they notice he lied or covered up things, were they suspicious of any behavior or are they just as stunned that this horrid murder came from left field?

IIRC, there was a call from one of the neighbors that they thought someone had broken in because of garage lights on or something? I believe this video is from the police clearing the house to make sure no one was there.
Well that makes more sense. LOL I was thinking, didn't you look for bodies the first time around?

I have noticed the long sleeve shirt the next day. Odd for a guy that likes to show off his body, arms and tatoos. If there were any he had a couple of days for smallish marks to heal IMO.

Someone previously mentioned that due to his nature of work he has to wear fire resistant long sleeved shirts. He is also seen wearing one in the "oops we did it again" video. Not sure if it is entirely true, but that could explain the long sleeves other than trying to hide marks which were not present in the pictures police took of him.

Someone previously mentioned that due to his nature of work he has to wear fire resistant long sleeved shirts. He is also seen wearing one in the "oops we did it again" video. Not sure if it is entirely true, but that could explain the long sleeves other than trying to hide marks which were not present in the pictures police took of him.

Yeah... but he had been swapping shirts all along it seems. He had plenty of time to change IMO.

I'm with you. I think it entirely possible to subdue someone from behind in a way that doesn't result in defensive wounds on either party. If Chris was intent on killing SW, he might have simply waited until she collapsed into bed (tired from the travel) and grabbed her neck from behind. I'm assuming he was actually 'sleeping' in the master bed (only occasionally 'sleeping' in the basement, as he has apparently indicated). When pregnant, it is best to lay on your side when sleeping (my wife just went through a pregnancy), so she could have presented an easy target for a rear approach. If he attacked her in her sleep, she probably would not have put up much of a fight before being rendered unconscious. It only takes about 10 seconds to put a person under. Then of course you have to keep choking until the victim is dead. Horrible to consider, but I would say plausible....

You're assuming CW killed the girls first; I think he killed Shanann first and then the girls. I think she would have gone to check on each girl before going to bed.
I definitely lean more towards that. Before the autopsies were released, I thought the girls were first. However, SW not having defensive wounds erases that doubt. I originally thought she was ambushed after she came home but no more. Now, I think he started with the biggest threat (SW) physically who could scream or call the cops. Once she was dead, the girls didn't have a chance sadly. Especially if he locked up the house like Fort Knox and possibly hid SW's phone. He killed a couple of completely helpless and defenseless little girls with health problems. He cornered them like some kind of snake. Despicable.

I’d like to know if any neighbours or friends have had time to reflect and remember if there have been inconsistencies with CWs behavior in past years. Eg: did they notice he lied or covered up things, were they suspicious of any behavior or are they just as stunned that this horrid murder came from left field?
I think the neighbour with the video footage clearly disliked CW. He mentioned how loudly CW shouted at Shanann and thought that Shanann had gone away because of it. He said to the policeman after viewing the video footage that CW is usually quiet, non-talkative. The neighbour's body language said to me that he really didn't like this guy CW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637