GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's when you say or think something at the same time as someone else. It comes from an English card game. You are dealt cards face down. Each player in turn, puts their face up cards down on a pile and when two players put the same card, the first to shout Snap wins the pile of cards.
I stand corrected.

Who would contact to help clean up? We know she wiped she devices clean, text lost. She's lied about so much. In her second interview she sure wanted help getting her data back, but got all snotty when pressed further about the children, and wanting to see her text.
She sure isn't being helpful getting to the bottom of things.
They keep trying to give her chances. Why is she fighting that?
Because she has stuff to hide.

Do you think she ever said I could strangle them and dump them in oil or will we give CW full credit for coming up with the tanks all on his own ? Nothing justifies what he did and nothing his victims ever said, thought or did gives him a reason or the right to decide to end their lives and discard them.
One time my son did something really obnoxious in line at the grocery store, I don’t remember what it was, but I said, “I’m going to kill you!” The woman ahead of me in line gave me one the dirtiest looks I’ve ever seen. I felt so ashamed and embarrassed, I never said anything like that to him again. Sometimes, we hear these phrases of speech and ways of responding in our every day social interactions, and we pick them up and start using them ourselves, without realizing how bad they might sound to the people around us.

Thank Goodness for the closing of the thread.. I was able to finally make it here.

The neighbor's vid is GOLD! Thanks everyone for posting it.

I feel like the community may overall be on high alert because so much has happened in Co.

I watched and read so much with my jaw dropped, because I have never seen anything like all of their willingness to call BS!
In a time of such robotic people.. each of them used human gut and emotion to contribute to bringing that killer down.
The neighbor's narration, reenactments, and precision with his remote were GLORIOUS!

BBM +1 on this.
They did the SD trip mid June & then she left for NC. Iirc.. He made that makeshift batcave to prove his story to his mistress and have privacy for his FT dates. I'm sure the girls had free reign all upstairs so it was easier.

BBM

BBM I hate the term pushing buttons. Idk if it was said to be gross or mean in this context though.

The reason is there. I forgot to quote the post with his attorney stating he wanted a new life. And it is there for most of them. Even if it isn't reasonable.

To all of the quoted.
He HAD something to kill his family over although we may not like it.
I too would love if SW got to tell him a piece of her mind.. but it does not mean she caused the deaths of herself and children in anyway or could do anything to avoid it. He had his mind made up.

I am trying to look at it all from the perspective of everyone only knowing bits and pieces like myself because I haven't combed over every piece of the case.
The lifers here(people who have been here since the case started) are who I tend to "listen" to.
However, I still do enough digging to validate or discredit my own thoughts &with what I do know from reading threads and docs is that CW had motive and the motive was a new life.

I would almost wager he was sobbing when he did it. Not raging. (I need to go back to that vid when he mentioned it to his dad and when I do, I can better describe my thoughts on the whole rage topic) Not crying because of the what he was doing but sobbing because he's what I call a punk. He probably had his mom, dad and NKs voices in his head while committing those horrible acts.

I disagree.

I don't think he had any emotion at all.

In his mind, it was already a "done deal" and he was thinking only of a fantasy responsibility-free future

And then there's that "tender" photo of wildflowers not too far from the gravesite he sent to NK that morning........ SICK, SICK, SICK

Last edited:
Did CW think the tree/bush would block the neighbors/camera view of his front yard?

Does anyone else remember an early report about how that neighbor’s camera wasn’t always facing that way? IIRC, the camera just happened to be redirected by the neighbor shortly before the murders. Maybe just a few days before? I cannot remember where I read or heard that, but it was a huge break for LE.

MOO!

This.
Holy Mole. Good sleuthing. That. Blows a huge hole in the lies.

I really think LE needs to follow-up on this, and interview "Jim". There are too many odd coincidences about all this. And NK does not appear to be entirely truthful with LE in disclosing some information about her contacts with either CW or Jim

This wasn't just a "good morning sexy" text. It was a telephone call

Here's NK's Verizon bill. I copied this from Thinker Belle's post on the phone call. Investigators have an answer for this, I'm sure, but I'd really like to know what she was doing in Frederick so early that morning.
65d80370-2fe4-402e-9080-c9ab605405f7-jpeg.158305

The detectives probably checked it. It could have been her family, or she had spent the night with another married guy whom they don't want to drag in, or her girlfriend, or something like it. Maybe it is the part of her alibi. Doubt she would risk bein close to the Wattses' house. Maybe the public deserves some explanation.

I have been raked over the coals for my “pushing buttons” comment, and I’d like to explain. To me, “pushing buttons” means a high sensitivity in the person whose buttons are getting pushed over a personal psychological issue they need to deal with, so it is no longer a sore spot for them. The person who is pushing the buttons, either consciously or unconsciously, is telling the truth. I think it is a common occurrence in a marriage. I know I’ve done it, I know my husband has done it to me. In no way do I blame SW for what happened to her. Anyone who accuses me of this is making a false and hurtful accusation.
Shanann could have been the best wife in the world, had zero normal human faults and if Chris decided his life would be better without her and the children he would have still chosen murder as an option because he does not have the same emotional bonds the rest of us form. They could have had the best, happiest marriage and if someone caught his eye he still would have strayed. He can’t be viewed from the normal dynamics of most relationships- his mind doesn’t work that way. If it was about the dynamic between Shanann and Chris the children would be alive.

MOO

It's when you say or think something at the same time as someone else. It comes from an English card game. You are dealt cards face down. Each player in turn, puts their face up cards down on a pile and when two players put the same card, the first to shout Snap wins the pile of cards.
I've never heard "oh snap" in this context. I've only heard it in the "ooh, watch out for what's gonna go down because of what was just said" context. MOO.

My husband and I have a date night scheduled for Friday night and I’m really hoping the HLN special and the 20/20 episode will be aired again! Does anyone know if they might be uploaded online somewhere afterward?

I have been raked over the coals for my “pushing buttons” comment, and I’d like to explain. To me, “pushing buttons” means a high sensitivity in the person whose buttons are getting pushed over a personal psychological issue they need to deal with, so it is no longer a sore spot for them. The person who is pushing the buttons, either consciously or unconsciously, is telling the truth. I think it is a common occurrence in a marriage. I know I’ve done it, I know my husband has done it to me. In no way do I blame SW for what happened to her. Anyone who accuses me of this is making a false and hurtful accusation.

I understand completely. A lot of evil occurs when someone “pushes the wrong button”. It’s like some say they “walk-on eggshells”, around a certain person.
Of course none of us believe S and her children deserve or were the cause of their demise. No one should even suggest such, to do so is just wrong.

Once CW is settled in his new home, he’ll have the means to commit suicide. A large facility doesn’t have the manpower to “babysit” a specific inmate.
The county jail wants to be sure high profile inmates are kept safe in order to stand trial.

Any of you think CW will take his own life?

We don't need him to commit suicide, he is the only witness. If he does, I'd think it is in someone's interests. And I want a true story.

The letter was supposedly written while he was in NC.

But one of his family member could have written it post annihilation. In either case, dumb, and dumb.
Re: When CW decided to murder his family
The interview below with CW's best friend is a little confusing to me regarding the dates, and unfortunately, the text messages weren't attached.
Maybe the audio would clear things up.
But it looks to me like Cindy contacted Jamieson about the nut incident, then Jamieson contacted Chris about it, then Cindy next contacted Jamieson about the divorce, and then Chris told Jamieson himself about his plans to divorce.

So I believe that after the nut incident is when CW decided to kill them, which could been a week and a half before the murders, IMO.
I think CW viewed the nut incident and resulting estrangement as an opportunity to tell his family/friends one thing, while telling SW another.

It's impossible to fathom how his stupid mind works, but I think he actually believed that if people thought that he wanted out of the marriage, then he couldn't have possibly killed them in a rage.
I didn't seem to occur to him that there are other motives for murder and that there would be a thorough investigation, with him as the prime suspect.

I still believe he had plans to abandon her car because he searched for Audi Q7 prices before telling SW he wanted to sell the house. He also searched for Toyota dealerships.
MOO

Interview synopsis with CW's best friend. Bolded by me. Pdf page 644, dis page 728
JAMIESON said prior to that, he had a text message conversation approximately a week and a half before SHANANN and the girls went missing, and he told CHRIS to reach out to him and talk to him. JAMIESON said that CHRIS texted back but he never called and they never saw each other.
JAMIESON said that he knew CHRIS was busy, and that he had a lot going on with the family, such as SHANANN and CHRIS’ mom fighting again. JAMIESON said CHRIS’ mom, CINDY, called him about it, and that he was upset with CHRIS for letting this go on. JAMIESON said that he told CHRIS that it had to stop the fighting between SHANANN and CINDY. JAMIESON said CHRIS replied that he understood, and told JAMIESON that he and SHANANN were going to separate and get a divorce. JAMIESON told CHRIS that he was there if he needed to talk and told him to reach out to him some more but CHRIS never did.
JAMIESON said that SHANANN and CINDY were fighting over CELESTE eating ice cream that CELESTE was allergic to. JAMIESON said that CINDY kicked SHANANN out of the house. JAMIESON said shortly after this, CINDY called him crying, worried that she had lost CHRIS because SHANANN would turn CHRIS against her, as has happened in the past. JAMIESON said that is what prompted him to reach out to CHRIS with the text message.
JAMIESON said that CHRIS was initially taking SHANANN’s side with the most current fight, but that CINDY then contacted him and told him that CHRIS and SHANANN were going to separate. CHRIS then told JAMIESON in text messages that he had seen the true side of SHANANN and was done with her, and didn’t want to be with her anymore. JAMIESON said that he told CHRIS that he knew this would be a big event in his life and to reach out to him. CHRIS told him that he would, but never did.​

I wasn't questioning the phone bill or that she was near Frederick. That wasn't the point of my post. I agree that there is something weird about it. What I wasn't agreeing with is that she was hiding in the garage or there in the house at the time of murders. (As was both said and implied in the last thread.) If there was any sign of such a thing, or a sign that she somehow helped with the cover up, I believe Rourke would've pushed.

Why wasn't a polygraph offered to NK?

The detectives probably checked it. It could have been her family, or she had spent the night with another married guy whom they don't want to drag in, or her girlfriend, or something like it. Maybe it is the part of her alibi. Doubt she would risk bein close to the Wattses' house. Maybe the public deserves some explanation.
I've just checked on google maps. From her home address to her work place involved driving through Frederick. she probably made the call whilst driving to work.
Edit to add link
Google Maps

This no time to be hiding stuff. No time to be evasive, no time to get snotty with the investigators.

Exactly.

From her recorded interviews with LE, all I see and hear is a callous indifference to the magnitude of what has happened. The only empathetic reaction comes off as fake. She's a very bad actress and pretty transparent as she attempts force sadness ("sooooo little") one minute, and becomes verbally aggressive the next.

In both interviews, her behavior is that SHE is the issue, SHE is the one with troubles, SHE is what is important.

I truly believe that CW found his mother in NK, and, himself.

Edited to note - I think we can only begin to "understand" CW, if we begin to understand those he clung to.

I know. It’s so weird. I just can’t believe that SW would have let him get away with it. She was too smart.

I think SW knew deep down he was cheating. I don’t think she ever thought he would cheat on her and she was just coming to grips with it. Sometimes people need to see or hear it to validate what they already know.
jmo

Sorry, I'm behind times here, still on the Ronnie Watts interview. Poor Shanann was being played so bad. Around the 25 minute mark... Despite RW's apparent disapproval of her working and her "big *advertiser censored* house" that they didn't apparently need as there were only 4 of them (guess he forgot that his DIL was pregnant??!), he mentions that "they" (he won't give her the credit here, only negativity for her and positivity for Chris) paid for Cindy's flights out to visit in CO. So not only was this family treating Shanann in the most deplorable way, but her income was contributing to her truly awful MIL coming to stay. Oh and another interview about the most dark, upsetting experience of having children die, murdered no less, and he can say their names without any problem and he too laughs in the interview. What an absolutely heartless, weird family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500