GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
CW plead guilty to first degree murder..which is the same as confessing to murdering his beautiful pregnant wife and two adorable little girls.
Catching up and reading through the last several pages of this thread, there seems to be a strong undertone of attempts to throw suspicion onto NK as the person or mastermind behind these murders. CW plead guilty to all charges, he has been sentenced to 5 life sentences and LE cleared NK ! SW did NOT hurt her daughters ! SW did not do anything to provoke CW to commit these murders. NK did not hurt SW, Bella or CeCe. The person responsible for taking the lives of 4 INNOCENT people and disposing of their bodies like garbage is CW ! The not so innocent attempts to blame SW or cast suspicion onto NK in this thread is really getting old. MOO

Anyone else notice the shirt that Watts was wearing in his first media interview on the porch/driveway? That is what initially caught my attention. The fact that this guy's wife and kids were missing, yet he'd somehow put on what looked to be a favorite shirt for TV. I realized it was reaching, but that shirt had a unique texture, was a (favorite perhaps?) sports-team theme, and I felt that it was obviously a special shirt to him, and how could he be to be concerned with that when his family is missing?

It was really minor, but it seemed odd at the time.

I interpret it as a confidence-builder for him. Interviewed in his favorite shirt.

And just as a thought, if NK had actually been somehow aware of or involved in these murders, it's more likely the stupid mistakes would not have happened.

Disclaimer: I'm only playing Devil's Advocate here, thinking of how all this transpired. I'm not accusing her of being directly involved

I agree with you. If anybody else was involved the obvious mistakes wouldn’t stand out like they do. And it wouldn’t point directly at CW.
jmo

What about CW’s use of the word, “rage?” Head in hands, he repeated it several times. Do you think he just made that up on the spur, so he wouldn’t look so evil in his Dad’s eyes? Some kind of warped justification for what he did? Don’t you have to be pretty angry to strangle a person? Has anyone ever premeditated a strangulation before and carried it out? Plastic bag over the head would seem a better option. Strangulation seems so violent.
Some serial killers do that, right? I suspect with a certain psych diagnosis, there are people who do it out of curiosity and not rage. Or maybe to feel all powerful. But that’s jmo.

I don’t get it! I try, and I try, and I try. That’s why I’m still here at WS. Somebody, please tell me WHY CW did this in a way that makes sense! Help me understand! Those precious, adorable, innocent little girls. How could he? CW has to have some kind of psychological make up like none of us has ever seen, so we have no frame of reference for understanding. I imagine if they took one of those Dr. Phil type brain scans of CW’s brain, he would have black spots all over it.

We never will get it! All such crimes are beyond comprehension.
The really stupid part is the suspect winds up without what they lusted for. (Scott/Amber, Jodi/Travis and.....)
CW is considered extremely intelligent by a former teacher. I believe he referred to CW as the best student he ever had in his career. Scott was well thought of, too.
IMO, CW hated his life so much it was worth the risk of getting caught. The weeks w/o his family gave him a taste of what he so desired.

Anyone else notice the shirt that Watts was wearing in his first media interview on the porch/driveway? That is what initially caught my attention. The fact that this guy's wife and kids were missing, yet he'd somehow put on what looked to be a favorite shirt for TV. I realized it was reaching, but that shirt had a unique texture, was a (favorite perhaps?) sports-team theme, and I felt that it was obviously a special shirt to him, and how could he be to be concerned with that when his family is missing?

Well he certainly couldn't wear the one from the day before, what with all that sweating at the neighbor's watching surveillance video. Or the pants either, for that matter...:oops::eek:

It looks like it was selected as "walking" which does go through Frederick.. but if you switch it back to driving, it changes the route to taking I-25 as one of the options, and zooming in, looks like the interstate is more in Erie, CO.

I actually lived along the stretch of 52 on the opposite side of I-25 from where CW and SW lived. It wouldn't be uncommon to take I-25 to 52 and then go east over to 85 for her to go to work. Not saying that's what happened and/or that something else wasn't going on, but it COULD happen. I-25 can be a nightmare in the mornings, and 85 isn't much better at times.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him get shackled and cuffed wearing that shirt, though. I thought, woo hoo! He’ll never get to wear that snake shirt again. Guess they gave it to Ronnie. Mama probably created a shrine.

I don’t get it! I try, and I try, and I try. That’s why I’m still here at WS. Somebody, please tell me WHY CW did this in a way that makes sense! Help me understand! Those precious, adorable, innocent little girls. How could he? CW has to have some kind of psychological make up like none of us has ever seen, so we have no frame of reference for understanding. I imagine if they took one of those Dr. Phil type brain scans of CW’s brain, he would have black spots all over it.
I don't think the "why" will ever make sense to us. It's a good thing to not be able to relate to someone like CW!

I don't know if he fits a "simple" diagnosis of a sociopath - I think there is more going on than that - but if you read even a few chapters from the Sociopath Next Door, it maps it out pretty well. "Normal" people can even get so upset with themselves for not being able to identify or predict behavior like this. Because most of us don't think that way. We are guided by a sense of morals, knowing right from wrong, having a conscience, feeling guilt and remorse if we were to harm. It's hard to understand the mind of someone who is missing that moral compass, an emotional chip. And a lot of times what fuels them is a deep-seated insecurity.

There is also a good book, "Without Conscience" by Robert D. Hare. He writes that the term psychopath is too loosely used, that it conjures up images of crazed killers in horror movies. But Hare writes, "Their acts result not from a deranged mind, but from a cold, calculating rationality combined with a chilling inability to treat others as thinking, feeling human beings." He writes that some are shaped by their environment. Others are simply wired wrong.

"They selfishly take what they want and do as they please, violating social norms and expectations without the slightest sense of guilt or regret. Their bewildered victims desperately ask, 'Who are these people?""

I actually lived along the stretch of 52 on the opposite side of I-25 from where CW and SW lived. It wouldn't be uncommon to take I-25 to 52 and then go east over to 85 for her to go to work. Not saying that's what happened and/or that something else wasn't going on, but it COULD happen. I-25 can be a nightmare in the mornings, and 85 isn't much better at times.

There may have been road construction too. Maybe one of the locals would know.

I really don't believe anything inmate CW says. I don't believe Bella got up twice because imo she was already dead. LE has hinted that they also think the girls were killed first.
I think they were killed first too, as I said in my post. But that doesn't mean she didn't get out of bed a couple of times after they were put down and before she fell asleep. There are others who referred to Bella always asking about her mom when she was gone. Shanann didn't face time with them at all while she was gone since Bella had such a hard time with it. I don't doubt for minute that Chris told Bella that she would see her mom when she got up before he smothered her with his bare hands. Just like Chris gave his wife a false sense of security right before he killed her. Imo

Where exactly was the office where they picked up their assignments every day?
She said she was tired of working in the oil fields and wanted to work in an office. (NK interview 2) Maybe she was going to an oil field, and not to an office that day.

The really stupid part is the suspect winds up without what they lusted for. (Scott/Amber, Jodi/Travis and.....)
CW is considered extremely intelligent by a former teacher. I believe he referred to CW as the best student he ever had in his career. Scott was well thought of, too.
IMO, CW hated his life so much it was worth the risk of getting caught. The weeks w/o his family gave him a taste of what he so desired.

I suspect, and it's just me grasping at straws, he might be academically/technically "smart" but socially missing something.

BBM
I truly think Chris Watts thought he was going to get away with this and live a foot loose fancy free sex filled life with NK. I don't think he thought it was very risky. That's why he hid the girls bodies in the tanks. He thought it was brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member