OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt that either JW or GW4 would take a plea deal as the best the prosecution would likely be able to is offer one of them the chance to get out of prison as a very,very old man. LWOP or even 50+ years before eligibility for parole would probably be a fate worse than the DP in their eyes.

I even wonder if a plea will be an option. If the state has enough evidence, there’s no reason, other than to expedite the process, close the cases & of course save resources/time.
Since Jake & #4s trial waiver expires in July, is it possible their lawyer thinks they can be ready for trial at that time? Someone, obviously, has to get the ball rolling & go first. Or, will they extend their waivers? Idk

*Any plea would likely require testifying against family that goes prefers trial. Right? If so, this could be a deterrent.

I am glad to see it too Betty.

I would be a lot happier if they would get verified as a Verified Insider before throwing out those tidbits of personal knowledge about the W's and R's. That way we could all take what they say as fact. We have been through this before on here IIRC.

JMO

I so agree. I am from the area, however, I only know any of these families from seeing some of them around BBL or out and about shopping.

One thing that I see being repeated here is posters theories as to why so many lives were taken. Most feel that it is due to retaliation if some were left alive, but I see it differently. There were plenty left alive to retaliate including a couple of bad boys worse than any of the ones whose lives were taken.. MOO

Do we know why Angela’s trial waiver has no end date but the boys waiver ends 7/19?

I wish this meant trials for the boys would commence in August, but ain’t happening, IMO.

That's interesting. I don't have it in front of me. What does GW4's say? It may be nothing, but it is different than the others.

I so agree. I am from the area, however, I only know any of these families from seeing some of them around BBL or out and about shopping.

One thing that I see being repeated here is posters theories as to why so many lives were taken. Most feel that it is due to retaliation if some were left alive, but I see it differently. There were plenty left alive to retaliate including a couple of bad boys worse than any of the ones whose lives were taken.. MOO

BBM

Any hints? Just kidding.

JMO, with a little more patience on our part, hopefully some friends or family members will become verified here to share information. Maybe as the hearings progress and the trial date gets closer, people will feel more relaxed about sharing information. They can be verified without posting their real name, I believe. I don't blame any who still want to protect their privacy.

That's interesting. I don't have it in front of me. What does GW4's say? It may be nothing, but it is different than the others.

I can’t find an expiration for Big Daddy, or nothing other than he waived his right, on advice from atty.
Peculiar since the boys waivers expure, AWs does not.
I’m looking thru articles as fast as I ca trying to find an explanation.
For reasons unknown to me, my links are not pasting. The Chillicothe Gazette is my source. Google AWs trial waiver, it should come up.
Sorry

But, to my original question, the boys both waivved thru July. So I’d like to know if they expect to go to trial upon expiration of their waivers or might it be extended? Maybe it’s something attorneys do differently. The trial waiver form does have a section requiring dates to be inserted . Maybe a clerical error??? Idk.

Last edited:
Rsd, why did he want away from Flying W? Never heard this. TIA

It's just a theory of sorts, of mine, that when the Ws' moved to Peterson Rd., it was a chance to break away from the Flying W. and live on their own property. Own, being the operative word. The boys probably had good credit, a job plan, education in mechanics and trucking so they were good credit risks. They were also either married or getting married. Stable. Then the parents moved in too (planned or unplanned, idk). I think that helped to end the boys' marriages but again, that's just me theorizing. I've been young, and had to hang out with a mil before. Not fun. Especially without a car and add being out on 40 and plumb.

As for the elder brother, he branched off, and has his own horse farm. I do not know why, or what, or how, but it's been alluded to a split in the family. I've tried to locate him in court but have not seen a male in that age range on the W side.

LOL! You could write this case in book form, sent it to Hollywood, and they'd send it back with a note saying you can't make up crap like this... it has to be believable.

I swear, it gets more insane every day. I tried to catch someone up, here, who'd just gotten into it, on the back end and within a few minutes, their eyes were glazed, and I thought I would have to scoop their chin off the floor for them.

I can’t find an expiration for Big Daddy, or nothing other than he waived his right, on advice from atty.
Peculiar since the boys waivers expure, AWs does not.
I’m looking thru articles as fast as I ca trying to find an explanation.
For reasons unknown to me, my links are not pasting. The Chillicothe Gazette is my source. Google AWs trial waiver, it should come up.
Sorry

But, to my original question, the boys both waivved thru July. So I’d like to know if they expect to go to trial upon expiration of their waivers or might it be extended? Maybe it’s something attorneys do differently. The trial waiver form does have a section requiring dates to be inserted . Maybe a clerical error??? Idk.

It's possible there's a clerical error. Which link are you using? I haven't looked at any of the court records lately. TIA

I seriously doubt that either JW or GW4 would take a plea deal as the best the prosecution would likely be able to is offer one of them the chance to get out of prison as a very,very old man. LWOP or even 50+ years before eligibility for parole would probably be a fate worse than the DP in their eyes.

There's really nothing to bargain with except the actual details. In the case of serial killers, they bargain with telling where bodies are and unknown victims. In other cases, many times they will lead LE to victims if they'll pull the DP. They can say, yes we all did it and here's the logistics, but if they have a iron clad evidence, they won't let them out in 30 years.

It's just a theory of sorts, of mine, that when the Ws' moved to Peterson Rd., it was a chance to break away from the Flying W. and live on their own property. Own, being the operative word. The boys probably had good credit, a job plan, education in mechanics and trucking so they were good credit risks. They were also either married or getting married. Stable. Then the parents moved in too (planned or unplanned, idk). I think that helped to end the boys' marriages but again, that's just me theorizing. I've been young, and had to hang out with a mil before. Not fun. Especially without a car and add being out on 40 and plumb.

As for the elder brother, he branched off, and has his own horse farm. I do not know why, or what, or how, but it's been alluded to a split in the family. I've tried to locate him in court but have not seen a male in that age range on the W side.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. I thought you meant GWIV.

Bobby Wagner has been in court for arraignments. I do know someone that bought two dogs from his wife (not recently, but maybe within 5-6 years). They love Bobby, his wife & kids. My friends daughter went to college with Bobbys daughter as well as traveled extensively on the horse circuit with her. Obviously they can’t help nor be held responsible for their relatives actions.

There's really nothing to bargain with except the actual details. In the case of serial killers, they bargain with telling where bodies are and unknown victims. In other cases, many times they will lead LE to victims if they'll pull the DP. They can say, yes we all did it and here's the logistics, but if they have a iron clad evidence, they won't let them out in 30 years.

If found guilty, I hope they come out in body bags, they deserve nothing more, IMO. They were blessed with opportunities few in their area have & chose to throw it all away. They could have resided on the farm, worked & led a “clean” life.
I know many differ in opinion but I bet FW was all over A & GW when they lived on the farm & expected they earn their keep. IMO, she has strong work ethics, as RW & Bobby appear to follow.

If one thinks he can proclaim innocence of an actual killing, he may go for it. Or Big Daddy might want to take the rap for all of them. With no ability to communicate their hands are literally tied as far as what to do or whom should do what.

Jake goes back to court, iirc, twice before Xmas. Maybe, just maybe, his attorney is at least trying to expedite his case. Maybe the legal teams think it wise to try the boys first, pass the buck off on mom & dad. Idk how much the legal teams discuss strategy between them. I’m guessing some, as long as client privilege is not violated,.

Also, I hope, should any “deals” be extended, the R family has input.

Last edited:
I even wonder if a plea will be an option. If the state has enough evidence, there’s no reason, other than to expedite the process, close the cases & of course save resources/time.
Since Jake & #4s trial waiver expires in July, is it possible their lawyer thinks they can be ready for trial at that time? Someone, obviously, has to get the ball rolling & go first. Or, will they extend their waivers? Idk

*Any plea would likely require testifying against family that goes prefers trial. Right? If so, this could be a deterrent.

I don't see a real need for a plea with the exception for cost efficiency and expediency. I think with the horrific nature of these crimes, it is only fair that they face the full charges. That may not be how it works though, and I am not pro death penalty, but if these people are found guilty of this by a preponderance of a doubt, then may the chips fall where they may.

BBM
Same.

Have we heard if the four are in single cells or in GP in their respective detention centers? I’m a firm believer, the harsher the conditions one is housed, the sooner they’ll talk. Prosecutors know this & use it to their advantage, too.
County detention centers are not meant for long term incarceration. The environment is much more severe than a state prison. Detention centers lack programs, jobs, recreation, exercise facilities and many other things available to state inmates.

I don't see a real need for a plea with the exception for cost efficiency and expediency. I think with the horrific nature of these crimes, it is only fair that they face the full charges. That may not be how it works though, and I am not pro death penalty, but if these people are found guilty of this by a preponderance of a doubt, then may the chips fall where they may.
I’m not pro death penalty either, for more than one reason. In this case itself, I’m highly against the DP. It’s too easy. They need to rot. If they don’t receive the DP, the chances of them outliving some of us on here is pretty high. And I’m okay with that. Sitting in a 6x6 for 40-50 years is much more just than 20 years and a final meal w/goodbyes to loved ones. That’s JMHO.

Hey. In Kenai we lived in a very nice 2 story 4 bedroom cedar home. Until it burned.

Not all Alaskans live off the grid and remember every tv show except ALASKA STATE TROOPERS is embellished and a oil tanker full of drama added.

The Waggies lived in a trailer with a 1,500 sq foot add on. They got good paying work and had it easy. Gas heat, water and a pretty comfortable home.

I believe they found far to much scrutiny after they settled in and people didn’t welcome them as they normally would have. It takes people helping and yes teaching you what to do and what’s a waste of time.

We had that when we moved in 1980. They did not because LE was all over their every move.

Canada would have been a wiser choice because had they stopped, it is extremely rare for extradition to the US without prosecutors removing the death penalty. Canada refuses to extradite on about any charge with the death penalty attached.

New York has done it but I don’t recall other states who were successful. New York manipulated and brought new charges that had new death penalty consequences. Even in the very worst of crimes.
IMO, Moving to Canada would not have been such a good idea.

Americans need a visa to work in Canada and stay permantly. It is easier to obtain for employment in specific list of sectors and with a university degree or experience. See Nafta TN Status. You also need to have a clean criminal record.

Canada does not protect you from extradition in murder cases. Perhaps the death penalty specification could be lifted. Canada has an extradition treaty with the US. An expert on the topic would help.

The Ws would have been noticed rapidly, especially in the countryside. Canadians and Americans have different regional accents.

There is a famous case of the Texas fugitive that was caught in the canadian prairies. He was renting a room and claimed that he was from the canadian atlantic. He offered to the landlord to fix his roof which he pronounced "ruff". They figured he wasn't who he claimed and they called RCMP.

Last edited:
BBM

Any hints? Just kidding.

JMO, with a little more patience on our part, hopefully some friends or family members will become verified here to share information. Maybe as the hearings progress and the trial date gets closer, people will feel more relaxed about sharing information. They can be verified without posting their real name, I believe. I don't blame any who still want to protect their privacy.

Lol, still thinking about the "hints" as I do enjoy "camping." I really don't think you will see many *if anyone* willing to come outside of their inner circle to speak out.

It's pretty much a "don't ask.. don't tell" when it comes to this area. Outsiders are sometimes seen as the enemy when it comes to an Appalachian's privacy. I am one of the elite hillbilly's you might say. :D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member