AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article on shell casings DNA... keep in mind it’s 2 yrs old so I don’t know how far they’ve come...but with FBI on board hope there’s a chance...with latest testing...

Who Loaded the Gun? Recovering DNA from Bullet Casings
I answered the question as to whether it was possible to load a gun without touching the ammo, and that answer is, in some cases, yes. And in those cases, there would be no fingerprints to recover.

I think we know for sure that the door was kicked in because it says that on the dispatch log. And if the door had been kicked in, but yet officers reported that the male had answered the door... it brings to ponder whether James answered the door for police, since it doesn't exactly sound like he answered the door for the killer, otherwise why the need to kick it in. jmo.

"317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR."
LE made it clear long ago that James was dead when they arrived.

My theory, Jamey could have answered the door, then screamed. Dad and mom came running while mom was calling 911, then both were shot. The perp would not even have to enter the house. Oh how I wish Jamey will be home before Christmas.

after more thinking on the lack of dna, etc, left and then adding thinking about the turkey plant.....consider that anyone working there likely understands cross contamination well. the manufacture would not want any trace in their product of contamination and a person wouldn't want any trace of product on themselves to transfer to their car, home, etc. a person that worked there would have the skill and access to protective gear to not leave a trace. MOO.
I never thought of that and have not seen it mentioned until today! Interesting point!!!

They seemed very interested in the deck. They might have gone in the front and out the sliding door. Or just blasted in the front but then (a second perp?) in and out the sliding door.
Yes, I think the sliding door was on the deck. So possible.

My theory, Jamey could have answered the door, then screamed. Dad and mom came running while mom was calling 911, then both were shot. The perp would not even have to enter the house. Oh how I wish Jamey will be home before Christmas.
I don't think any parent would let their 13 year old answer the door close to 1 am.

I think it’s two cars ... 2/4 perps..

Fitzgerald said authorities are still taking tips about the vehicles but are not keen on locating those vehicles anymore.

He’s saying they found the two vehicles??
Didn’t say forget dodge or forget SUV.. he easily could have..he said forget Miami / forget 12:31 timeline.. here he parsed words..

1 car is weapons and breaking in/out kill both in less then 2 min.. likely only 30 seconds to 1 minute..as both adults moved to guns...

Other car is either lookout and Jayme extraction or just jayme extraction maybe by side door immediately yelling for her.. maybe familiar voice..get her in SUV in 2/3 minutes.. I could be wrong..

It’s crazy for one perp to assisnate 2 people
And kidnap one teen girl in under 5 minutes by yourself...

It’s less crazy if 3 people plan it..gotta increase success chances with more people ??
I don't think any parent would let their 13 year old answer the door close to 1 am.

I answered the question as to whether it was possible to load a gun without touching the ammo, and that answer is, in some cases, yes. And in those cases, there would be no fingerprints to recover.

But, if there were prints, it would need to be proven the person who loaded the gun actually fired it. Lots of logistics.

I don't think the door was answered. It appeared to be kicked in before James could even react. A strong male would do it with a couple of kicks.
Answering the door and opening the door are two different things. I don't believe he opened it. But, I think the perp knew the only way he was going to get in, was by force. jmo

Can anyone tell me if the Closses home has a front door that opens directly into the living room?
I live in country where every house has a hallway. I have never seen a house that didn't have a hallway. I think you wouldn't even be allowed to build a house without one.

To me no hallway is something so weird that every time I thought about the perp stepping 5 feet into the Closses home, he would be at the end of the hallway.......

I don't think the door was answered. It appeared to be kicked in before James could even react. A strong male would do it with a couple of kicks.
But there would have to be some sort of shoe print from the kick, or was something else used?
How is it possible that they have nothing?

I wonder in what percentage of the double homicide + abduction cases they have NO forensic evidence. This is so weird.

Can anyone tell me if the Closses home has a front door that opens directly into the living room?
I live in country where every house has a hallway. I have never seen a house that didn't have a hallway. I think you wouldn't even be allowed to build a house without one.

To me no hallway is something so weird that every time I thought about the perp stepping 5 feet into the Closses home, he would be at the end of the hallway.......
Some houses may have an "entry way", short hallway. But there are no building restrictions that say you have to have one. My country cottage opens directly into the great room. I don't believe there are any restrictions on how your home is designed.

But there would have to be some sort of shoe print from the kick, or was something else used?
How is it possible that they have nothing?

I wonder in what percentage of the double homicide + abduction cases they have NO forensic evidence. This is so weird.
I see your point, but we don't know if it was kicked in or shot up. If this was a planned abduction, I can see how the perps would cover all their bases and number one would be to leave no prints no trace. You don't have to be a mental giant to be able to do this. But, if not planned, I just don't even want to guess. Maybe all trace evidence could be accounted for. We just don't know.

I believe it has been stated here, based on photos, that the Closs' front door opened directly into the living room. Many small houses in the U.S. are designed this way. Maybe it's our "log cabin" history. It doesn't seem to bother most of us not to have the privacy of a foyer or entry hall. Most small ramblers, ranches, cottages and bungalows I have seen have front doors that open into the living room. I think home design here is mostly dictated by safety considerations, like an outside egress in bedrooms. Lack of a foyer or entry hall isn't a safety concern, IMO.

I think we know for sure that the door was kicked in because it says that on the dispatch log. And if the door had been kicked in, but yet officers reported that the male had answered the door... it brings to ponder whether James answered the door for police, since it doesn't exactly sound like he answered the door for the killer, otherwise why the need to kick it in. jmo.

"317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR."

I know you're late to the party and trying to catch up, but this call log has been dissected ad nauseum for about two months now. James did not answer the door for police because he was already dead. Sheriff, in the DM interview, said both James and Denise were killed instantly by the perp. So he could not have been alive to answer the door for police.

My parents ranch house front door opened into the living room, that was predominately left front of house. Dining room was open to right side of front of house. Hallway to bedrooms and bathroom was opposite of front door and began far side of living room.

Per description of Closs house having open floor plan I readily visualize their house layout and do not find it untypical of a ranch house.

Edited for missing word.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads