CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I’m having issues conveying what I’m trying to say. I don’t disagree that they are not close. I don’t disagree that her taking off is out of character. Obviously, something bad happened. Not like she is partying in Mexico. What I was trying to convey, is they might it be privy to her whole life...that’s all. And to be honest, while statistically he looks suspect, it’s also not a bad idea to look at other things as well. In case she is out there...needing help.
I think you and I are on the same page here. At this point I don’t think it’s likely at all that she’s gone voluntarily, but that doesn’t necessarily imply that PF is involved in any way.

I think this could be a good point in terms of why it appears he’s not allowing maternal gma to see K. He may have felt judged, etc. I’m not saying that would be a good reason to keep her from gma but some people are just like that.

Yea in laws are no picnic in a lot of cases and a lot of people wouldn’t want their baby alone with them. Not...that I would feel that way or anything....not me.

I am glad that we have fair-minded people on Websleuths (and in society in general) who reserve judgment. If my mother was on WS, she'd be posting, "but how do you KNOW..."

Me, I'm an Occam's Razor type. If you are stretching reason to come up with a theory other than the most obvious one, IMHO, the answer is the most obvious one.

Sorry your family is judgemental. Kelsey's family doesn't appear to be that way. They've been described as close-knit. Her mother spoke to her twice on the day she was last seen and IIRC, she spoke with her brother several times a week.

Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
"They're a very close-knit family. That's why I don't believe she'd just..." Garretson paused mid-sentence to wipe away tears. "She's got to see people are looking for her. She wouldn't put them through that."

Her cousin says taking off isn't like her, that's why they're so worried.

"There's no reason to think she intentionally is gone," said her cousin.
MOO

I wonder why her brother didn’t immediately sense something was wrong if he usually talked to her multiple times a week

I most definitely don’t KNOW that any crime has been committed. However, if I look for horses instead of zebras here, the most likely scenario is that she didn’t go missing on her own and the most likely suspect is the same person LE seem to be looking further into...

No, some of us consider PF the most suspect at this point. It would certainly help if he would cooperate and sit down with investigators.
MOO

Agree. PF is the person getting investigated more publicly by LE than others they may have interviewed/ruled out. We are not privy to their investigation. All we know is that LE still would like to speak with him. This many days after KB's disappearance, it seems like the search is being hindered by his seeming lack of cooperation, IMO.

Last edited:
Bestill said:
If we weren't hearing (what little we have) from Kelsey's family we would know nothing about her. Very private person, she doesn't even have tons of photos of her baby - which is very odd to me in the world we live in now...

How do we know @bestill that she doesn’t have tons of photos of her baby? Can you please link where LE published the search of KB’s home to conclude that KB doesn’t have enough photos of her baby? Besides, every human is different. Not all women have the time or are interested in decorating with a ton of the latest and greatest photos. I’m not and I’m in my 20s. I don’t think that means anything suspicious. Besides, the baby was only born one year ago and I’ve seen nice professional photos online of the couple with the newborn baby anyway. Do we know if the father has “tons of photos” of the baby? If not, would you be concerned?

Unlike SW, KB wasn’t employed in a MLM company where posting endless social media photos was a job requirement & where all of her personal friends also worked and communicated multiple times per day with her. I’m not. Some women just go to work, come home, and see friends when they can. KB was very busy with work and being a mom of a 1 yr old.

Last edited:
Yes, his apparent lack of concern is disturbing, IMO.

Agree, but if he’s following everything his lawyer is telling him to do...he may not have much of a choice. It’s not that he’s not talking. He’s talking through his attorney, according to LE. I do think he is involved, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked if he wasn’t involved, either. If innocent, someone came after his baby’s mom, everyone is looking at him, no prior criminal history, he could be scared and is just doing whatever his lawyer says. The search of his property could have been because there was video of the two of them together that day, her last calls/messages were to him, a witness saw them together that day, etc. I think most of what is “convicting” him in the public eye could have alternate explanations, too.

I lean towards him being responsible, just not totally convinced yet

frazee-neighbor-dig-ugc-mo-20181216_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

Someone asked earlier if this building is on PF's property. It's actually Grange Hall, a former one room school house. It's used as a community center. LE is staging there as it's just down the road from PF's property.
Does anyone know if his family is wealthy? Because owning 36 acres is nothing to sneeze at.

I apologize if this has been discussed (I can't keep up!)- do we know if there is a no-fly zone enacted in the area of the search warrant? I don't recall any aerial videos from yesterday or today. TIA

Last night, that Underground Blog on Facebook mentioned that they were going to take their drone out to see what could be seen. I haven’t heard anything else though.

With objectivity

We do not have a murder weapon
We do not have fingerprints
We do not have a crime scene
We do not have a body

We do not even have any evidence a crime or coverup has occurred

BUT, we know WHO did it!

Nice ....

It does make me a bit uneasy. Everyone thought SS was guilty in Natalie Bollinger’s case. She had restraining orders against him, he stalked her, he posted tons of disturbing videos to Facebook about her, he has a long criminal record. Then everyone thought her boyfriend was involved (including her family), because he didn’t report her missing and his gun was missing. He also had a criminal past. Turns out she puts a hit on herself on Craigslist and a random stranger replied and carried it out. You really don’t ever know. You could play statistics, common sense...and still wind up completely wrong.

Agree, but if he’s following everything his lawyer is telling him to do...he may not have much of a choice. It’s not that he’s not talking. He’s talking through his attorney, according to LE. I do think he is involved, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked if he wasn’t involved, either. If innocent, someone came after his baby’s mom, everyone is looking at him, no prior criminal history, he could be scared and is just doing whatever his lawyer says. The search of his property could have been because there was video of the two of them together that day, her last calls/messages were to him, a witness saw them together that day, etc. I think most of what is “convicting” him in the public eye could have alternate explanations, too.

I lean towards him being responsible, just not totally convinced yet
Agree. But would he handle things the same way if his mother or daughter went missing?

I am very curious about KB's family 's relationship with PF. Were they here for the birth of the baby? Did KB & PF travel to Idaho to visit her parents/family? Did the parents/other relatives travel to Colorado to visit KB & baby? If they did, was PF included in the visit? If the baby is 15 months old she was born in mid 2017. If KB moved here in 2016, how long did she know PF before she moved here or did she move here & then meet him? I just get the feeling the extended family members don't know PF that well.
Agreed.

I'm interested as well in the past communications between the families ; only b/c Kelsey is missing.
None of us would wonder about their family business or even be here at all if she wasn't missing.

So many unknowns in this case, and the one person who could shed some light isn't speaking. Not even to LE.

The fact that LE has been 'pleading' with PF to sit down and talk to them is telling.
"Pleading" is more than a suggestion and is strongly worded as if LE knows PF is key to the missing parts of the case. And PF alone... not his girlfriend, his family members, etc.
I'm posting solely based on what is public msm knowledge.
It would be great to be totally wrong and Kelsey is just missing of her own volition and will surface in a few days.
The fact she left behind her baby makes that seem impossible, though. :(

Last edited:
I most definitely don’t KNOW that any crime has been committed. However, if I look for horses instead of zebras here, the most likely scenario is that she didn’t go missing on her own and the most likely suspect is the same person LE seem to be looking further into...

That's the main problem with this case...there has been such a lack of information that it's impossible to actually know anything. There's no evidence a crime has been committed, but there's no evidence KB ran off voluntarily. Statistically, when a woman goes missing it's usually due to a boyfriend or husband, which is why PF is in the position he's in right now, but all we know for sure is that he didn't report her missing. A big red flag, yes, but it doesn't necessarily mean he did anything to her. IMO, he was probably involved, but without facts to back it up, this case can't go anywhere.

So let me throw this out here just to stir things up... can one of you Occam’s Razor folks tell me the most likely explanation for why Kelsey’s phone would ping near Gooding which is right along Interstate 84 and a likely route from Woodland Park if she were to travel to Washington? I can’t help but think that’s maybe the biggest clue we’ve got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member