CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CBS interview of CB, is quite believable

Yet, when asked, CB said KB called, it was for a recipe "to bake something for later"

Then, when asked about KBs Thanksgiving plans ... "She said KB said "she might be going out to dinner"

Since this was CBS, with plenty of time/resources to clarify ... it puzzles me.

I watched this interview over and over.

CB is believable

And this is the last conversation we are aware that KB had.

It is obvious she never made it to a restaurant

KB and her purse went somewhere

Does the restaurant thing bother anybody else?

Sure ... I have driven a hundred miles, in Texas, to see Willie

But, this restaurant is very convenient.

Do like the rest of us

It is a small place

Call the restaurant, ask the bartender, if he knows PF ... then ask if he recalls seeing PF and KB together

They are talking to reporters and police round the clock

Many news outlets are doing their live feeds from that location, since it has a parking lot.

So now you're saying they have not been seeing one another, based on your opinion that they weren't seen together at a local bar? What do you mean, "Do like the rest of us?" I don't think that is a very persuasive argument. When I was dating my husband, the only people in that town who saw us together was my family and my employer. I worked at a very popular restaurant with a nice bar. It just wasn't somewhere we hung out. We ate there on Sundays sometimes, but when we went out on a date, he usually drove about 30 miles from the nearest city to pick me up. We'd go to the city for dinner, a movie, to listen to a band, meet up with friends, whatever, then he'd take me back home, so a date involved his driving about 120+ miles. Like KB, I had small children. I have never been much of a drinker and dh doesn't like to dance, so we just didn't hang out in bars. Besides the restaurant I worked at, there were a couple of bars in my town. We never once went to those bars.

I agree 100% but didn't she seem to carry it in with ease? I watched that part over and over about a dozen times because I was so shocked how easy it was for her to carry.

Yes that was actually my very first thought. She’s my height and weight and I am positive I looked so clumsy trying to maneuver it when I had to. I remember, with my daughter as a newborn, parking at her doctors office (which is a really big lot) and thinking I would just carry her in with the seat and avoid the stroller. Omg I damn near died. It’s just so heavy and clumsy and not easy to maneuver with the t-Rex arms of people our height.

So? The road could still be private. I lived on 2 acres at one point, with a private road leading to the house. We didn't own the road personally, but it was private & there was a road association to collect $ for plowing and maintenance.

Lots of private roads in Colorado. And he could be referring to his driveway, for all we know. Here's a listing for land next to PF that talks about a "private road" (can't tell if that refers to Wildhorn Rd or the driveway to the parcel though).

Yup. My road is still considered private and it’s a development with .25-.5 acre lots. We also have a road association. So amount of land doesn’t really matter

Post Partum depression can last years, especially if not treated. Being an aviator KB probably would not seek treatment. (If she had PPD) JMO

One reason I keep thinking of an acquaintance being involved is that she only took her purse and phone. Plus no sign of a struggle. If PF was involved and went to the trouble to create Idaho texts why on earth would he. not return to her house to make it obviously look like she packed a bag. If he was seen by anyone his alibi could be that he was keeping an eye her house/getting things for the baby while she was gone (based on text she sent him 11/25) . He easily could have smuggled out KB toiletries and some clothes in a diaper bag. If he hid a body destryinh a few personal items would be easy.

That’s where I’m struggling coupled with why go radio silent as well? So PF made effort to create Idaho texts hundreds of miles away to cover up but did nothing else in the extra week or to earn public sympathy once she was reported missing. (Not necessarily media but being at PC and vigils, even if silent, heck pretend to be too choked up to speak)

Radio silence , JMO, means there is a reason based on his overall relationship with KB especially coupled with his entire friend and family circle also not searching for her.

Even HER cousin said it was complicated . If my cousin went missing I would not say that to the public, LE yes public no.... even if it was true. I would say ‘please help us find my cousin she’s a loving mother she needs to be found.’ PERIOD

All JMO

For those of you who don’t live in Colorado, let me tell you the town she lives in is in a national forest. So why haven’t authorities organized any searches of the vast forest land? Because it’s too big??? From the reaction I have seen on social media, I would bet they would get gobs if volunteers to help search!!!

Regardless of if they think she left on her own or as a result of foul play... SEARCH THE WOODS!!!

Yes that was actually my very first thought. She’s my height and weight and I am positive I looked so clumsy trying to maneuver it when I had to. I remember, with my daughter as a newborn, parking at her doctors office (which is a really big lot) and thinking I would just carry her in with the seat and avoid the stroller. Omg I damn near died. It’s just so heavy and clumsy and not easy to maneuver with the t-Rex arms of people our height.
I admit I thought the same thing. I'm also about Kelsey's size and my first impression of the video was that she handled the carrier with much more coordination and ease than I ever did, and I didn't use a carrier when my kids were that age.

But, she did it. So....I'm not really reading much into it other than I noticed.

jmo

Is it possible that KB was abducted by a third party and transported to another location, passing Gooding along the way? Was PF contacted and told to keep quiet or harm would come to KB, him or his family?

I realize this sounds more like a TV show plot than real life.

Possible? I suppose anything is at this point. Plausible? IMO, not likely. I'm looking at the last person to see her alive.

This is an observation, so nothing should be read into this post.

In the earliest missing posters they mentioned that Kelsey had family in Washington and Colorado - you can find these earlier missing posters. This persisted in changed posters as information was added. When it came out that the Ping was in Idaho, it was asked on Kelsey's missing page if she had any family there and it was eventually mentioned that she did (though they didn't specify who - such as her parents). After that the posters were changed to reflect family in Idaho.

Now I had just taken a look at Tricia's post on the WebSleuths FB page and there is a missing poster there as part of the post. On the missing poster it now says that Kelsey has family in Washington and Idaho but not mention of Colorado.

I am perplexed by this. Does Kelsey have family in Colorado or not? Maybe Kelsey's Aunt could address this.

ETA: Link to Tricia's post that includes the missing poster on the WebSleuths FB page.
Tricia Arrington Griffith

Quick question.

Have the following two statements been verified as fact.

#1. The mother's sister stated said they broke up on or just before Thanksgiving.
#2. The mother stated they have a happy, loving relationship.
Yes, both are true. I have to wonder if the text to PF’s phone was a breakup text (not made by KB) and PF did not report her missing and told this to the mother when she called. Maybe the Aunt believes the text to be true but the mother doesn’t?

If PF had said to the reporter, "how are you today buddy, would you like to come inside and talk about things over sandwiches? on the record and everything!?", everyone would probably say, look at that, he is trying too hard, he is putting on a show for the cameras, he is definitely guilty of something. If he had been at the press conference, if he was talking to the media, organizing search parties and conducting the occasional emotional podium speech, like so many think he should be doing, those actions would be seen as an attempt to hide who he really is and what he has done wrong. I do not understand why it is difficult to look at this situation objectively at this point. Other than the absolute fact that PF was KBs significant other and father of their child, I have zero absolute fact to go on. I can't say someone committed a crime, just because.

I DO think he's involved in her disappearance, but I think whether I was guilty or not, I would stay away from the press. As you said, everything can be interpreted as something against him.

Yup. My road is still considered private and it’s a development with .25-.5 acre lots. We also have a road association. So amount of land doesn’t really matter

Ditto. And we have signs up. I doubt they would keep the press out, at first, but if press became a nuisance to property owners the privacy would be enforced.

For those of you who don’t live in Colorado, let me tell you the town she lives in is in a national forest. So why haven’t authorities organized any searches of the vast forest land? Because it’s too big??? From the reaction I have seen on social media, I would bet they would get gobs if volunteers to help search!!!

Regardless of if they think she left on her own or as a result of foul play... SEARCH THE WOODS!!!

They may have evidence that she was left somewhere between her home and Idaho

I'm watching some of the morning shows this morning as they update about this case and I find it so surprising that they are all identifying PF as KB's fiancee....despite the fact that KB's mom has been the ONLY one to use that term. Aren't I correct is saying that LE and PF's attorney have not used that term?

A thought. Maybe the first call between mother/daughter involved requesting the recipe for something she planned to prepare for Thanksgiving. Something goes awry between Kelsey/boyfriend. Later the second call is placed to her mother. Kelsey vents. Mom asks what she plans on doing for Thanksgiving. She asks if she still plans on going to his home for dinner. Kelsey replies, "maybe Ill just go to to eat". In other words, how many of us knew Thanksgiving morning exactly what we planned on doing for Thanksgiving meal? I did. I think most Americans did. Why was Kelsey still " up in the air" about her evening plans? I'm leaning towards a big argument the day she disappeared.

I'm new to this so I've missed a lot. Her phone pinging in ID - could someone have found a car or better still a tractor-trailer rig with ID plates and hidden the phone on it? If someone did do this, either it is just a coincidence they picked an out-of-state vehicle from the state she grew up in or they knew about her ID connection.

We are completely surrounded by national forest and it is not unusual for someone to go missing even when they are on a day hike. But the community always rallies around for a search and people from other areas help.

It’s very difficult to find people (healthy or otherwise) in those conditions, even when they are not far off of a trail. I know it is unlikely KB went out for a hike (even though hiking is one thing we know she was into) but if she is in forested areas finding her could be difficult.

I hope they try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member