AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
iPhone is set up
Where u can press side button 5x and 911 call starts ... do we know if they had iPhones? Just curious if there was dial.. or setting on iPhone / Samsung that started call ??

They should really set the damn phones up so cameras are turned on along with mic for 5min after 911 calls.... uploading direct to cloud... really 3 cameras... quality mic..
That should atleast be option..

iPhone is set up
Where u can press side button 5x and 911 call starts ... do we know if they had iPhones? Just curious if there was dial.. or setting on iPhone / Samsung that started call ??

They should really set the damn phones up so cameras are turned on along with mic for 5min after 911 calls.... uploading direct to cloud... really 3 cameras... quality mic..
You're lucky if it just dials the number you are trying to reach. No more buttons...lol

I never thought that this was random druggies. There was definitely rage here, calculated and deliberately planned. I would look at someone at work, possibly. And potentially someone with LEO experience.
I don't see rage and calculation, they don't mix. It's like mixing emotion and intelligence. I don't believe this is personal (rage/emotional) it is too clean and quick (calculated). Jayme was the intended target parents are merely obstacles. Time of day chosen because of lack of witnesses, parents were collateral damage.

Last edited:
I don't see rage and calculation. It's like mixing emotion and intelligence. I don't believe this is personal (rage/emotional) it is too clean and quick. Jayme was the intended target parents are merely obstacles. Time of day chosen because of lack of witnesses, parents were collateral damage.
I think the autopsies and state of the remains will speak to rage, or a quick dispassionate execution.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-girl-who-saw-too-much/

Some of the family shootings u find are million miles from a logical link... don’t think that’s case here... I guess I hope not cause if it’s truly random ... hard to find resolution.

I certainly havent ruled out that a stranger did this to the family.

I was watching ID yesterday and they had a case where someone had broken in a family's home. The victims were all asleep at the time.

The son/brother was sleeping on the couch. He was hit repeatedly in the head with a blunt object. Then he went to another bedroom where the 14 year old daughter/sister was sleeping. He bludgeoned her to death and she was raped. The next bedroom was where the 17 year old daughter/sister's room was. The father was in his bedroom sound asleep when it was all happening but the killer never entered his room.

He woke up to find one daughter murdered...his son unconscious clinging to life. Then he noticed his 17 year old daughter was missing.

She was later found murdered by a body of water about a mile from her home.

The kidnapper/murderer was a stranger to the family. They believed he had stalked the 17 year girl before he went inside of the home thinking he had killed everyone inside before kidnapping the 17 year old girl.

Many murder cases committed by diabolical evil strangers can be the hardest cases of all to solve.

Several over the years have been committed by strangers who were more than willing and very capable of murdering multiple people in order to get who they came for.

Since this case remains unsolved imo the police arent finding a familiar link between all three victims and the prepetrator.

Jmo

A little research shows this guy and family in CO since the summer. Doesn't exclude but seems unlikely. Can DM if you can't find the info.
yea i found his fb page, says he lives in CO and he started work there (co) in aug or sept at a concrete company. His arrest in CO however says he is homeless and was living in Rifle, CO

Last edited:
Assuming Jayme was the target, why did the killer choose to take her at her house, especially with two cars in the drive, signaling there were, at least, two adults in the house. (There could have been more.) This appears to be planned killings, not just spur of the moment. He was intent on killing, as evidenced by the immediate execution of James, then Denise. No room for containing the parents in any manner, just killing them. Why did he choose to take lives rather than abduct Jayme elsewhere or when Jayme may have been home alone?

Assuming Jayme was the target, why did the killer choose to take her at her house, especially with two cars in the drive, signaling there were, at least, two adults in the house. (There could have been more.) This appears to be planned killings, not just spur of the moment. He was intent on killing, as evidenced by the immediate execution of James, then Denise. No room for containing the parents in any manner, just killing them. Why did he choose to take lives rather than abduct Jayme elsewhere or when Jayme may have been home alone?
I think he chose when and how he did it because it was the least likely way he could be spotted by a witness. This is why I think this person is local and known somehow to the Closs's

Two reasons...

1) Doing it at night means there are virtually no witnesses around. (Except for the parents. And as you said, the perp seemed intent on killing them.) If you think about the other options like when she is at school, church, or dance class there would be witnesses everywhere. Even taking her from the bus stop would be tough, because there is going to be a decent amount of traffic on that road at 8am. At least enough that it would be almost impossible to pull over, grab her, and take off with no one seeing it.

2) Much more getaway time. If everything had gone right and there was no 911 call, the perp would have had 10+ hours of getaway time. Taking her during the day pretty much guarantees that she's going to be reported missing pretty quickly.

If this was planned I think the perp simply weighed the options and decided that the parents would have to be killed and it would have to be done at night to ensure the fewest witnesses possible and the maximum amount of getaway time. (Now obviously the getaway time was greatly reduced due to the 911 call, but without that...)

iPhone is set up

That is an awesome idea RB

Deerrun, we are on the exact same page. The only question marks I have are:
How do you get every member of a household to the front room quickly. Which is why I bought up the fire scenario earlier. But, if that was the plan, why not actually light the house on fire? A gallon of gas isn’t that hard to pack in and wouldn’t make the house an inferno immediately. Plus, if Barron is small enough to have a volunteer fire department, it effectively doubles response time to a fire. That way, instead of having a few minutes head start (the police knew right away it was double homicide/missing child), you could get a day or more (depending on the fire), before they figure out someone is missing. It’s a better plan.

The other is, why did he not account for waking the neighbors up with gunfire? He covered everything pretty well, based on what we know. Why not that? Seriously, how is that not considered if it was planned out...? How lucky is it that they woke up, and didn’t call 911?

iPhone is set up

That would be a great idea~!!!

Deerrun, we are on the exact same page. The only question marks I have are:
How do you get every member of a household to the front room quickly. Which is why I bought up the fire scenario earlier. But, if that was the plan, why not actually light the house on fire? A gallon of gas isn’t that hard to pack in and wouldn’t make the house an inferno immediately. Plus, if Barron is small enough to have a volunteer fire department, it effectively doubles response time to a fire. That way, instead of having a few minutes head start (the police knew right away it was double homicide/missing child), you could get a day or more (depending on the fire), before they figure out someone is missing. It’s a better plan.

The other is, why did he not account for waking the neighbors up with gunfire? He covered everything pretty well, based on what we know. Why not that? Seriously, how is that not considered if it was planned out...? How lucky is it that they woke up, and didn’t call 911?
BBM
I have typed and deleted about 3 scenarios here, and something always trips me up along the way. GAH :mad:

I think a ruse of an accident, or a friend, co worker or family member in distress might have brought at least James/Denise to the door. James was not armed, his guns were locked up in a cabinet and accounted for, so he didn't appear to be on guard or afraid at this point.

JMO

LE says they found the dog outside on the deck waiting at the door to come in when they arrived on the scene . Any theories?
Could someone in the Closs family have been outside before the crime occurred? Could someone have been talking to the perpetrator outside before the crime ? Somehow this discussion or meeting led to anger . Perpetrator gets gun in car and in a rage commits this horrible crime ? Someone put the dog outside .. ? Anyone think about this ?

LE says they found the dog outside on the deck waiting at the door to come in when they arrived on the scene . Any theories?
Could someone in the Closs family have been outside before the crime occurred? Could someone have been talking to the perpetrator outside before the crime ? Somehow this discussion or meeting led to anger . Perpetrator gets gun in car and in a rage commits this horrible crime ? Someone put the dog outside .. ? Anyone think about this ?
The perp left with Jayme through the deck door, and the dog got out too ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea