CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he been named a suspect yet? Has LE shared any information with the media in the last two days?
Sorry to ask but I just moved and trying to keep up is impossible. It seems like the threads are moving at lightning speed!
I know LE dug a huge hole on the property and there was some speculation as to what they had dug up. Do we know? I know about the trip to the dump, and PF did not get out of the truck. Any news about that?

LE hasn't provided any new information about anything.

Who was the woman who killed her husband and then claimed he was abusive and she buried his body in the backyard in a fugue state? I'm pretty sure that scenario isn't going to pass anyone's sniff test.

1999? Vella Gogan, Skowhegan, ME, killed her husband in his sleep then chopped him up. IIRC, she served 6 years for manslaughter, claiming a lifetime of severe abuse.

Additional Fun-fact: I met her once at (my) work/office. I had no idea who she was until her friend just suddenly out-of-the-blue said, "Vella's the one from Skowhegan who killed her husband...but he deserved it. He was cruel and abused her for years..."

ETA: yea, I agree, I don't think that defense strategy would work in this case.

I didn't get the sense at all that by trigger, she was placing any blame on KB! Her question was regarding whether something that was purchased could have anything to do with what happened after. It's so confusing to me that we are a group that is sleuthing and trying to come up with possible scenarios, yet when someone brings up something interesting, everybody jumps all over them. I understood what she was asking by this. I've watched it on other threads and it seems like if you think something others don't think, you are suddenly in your own camp and nothing you say has merit. I for one appreciate people who think about details such as this because that's what they call critical thinking. IMO critical thinking is what solves cases. Are we all on here just to gossip and agree or are we truly trying to figure out what happened? Things may be out of the realm of our thinking but the way criminals think is generally out of the realm of our thinking. When people take a stance and gang up on other people who are speculating just as everyone else is, it sure doesn't make this a very productive or friendly place to be. And that's my opinion! I've seen so many rude comments from the same posters over and over and I can understand why we seem to have the same people on every case. It took me a long time to post for fear of being jumped on.
I took a class a while ago about online communication and in it, I learned that people can unintentionally interpret the written word differently than the writer intended it.

So I just want to say that it is not my intention to jump on or gang up on or be rude to anyone here and if anyone feels that I have done so, I apologize. You are absolutely right. MOO

There’s no way that they just “finally got around to searching Kelsey’s place.”

This would be a secondary search, at the very least.
I’m not talking about a cursory walk thru. I’m talking about full-blown CSI. Multiple agencies spending an entire day there isn’t a secondary search; it’s primary. If they had done anything this thorough before now, they wouldn’t be doing it again today.

From the article:

11 News was there for hours as federal authorities searched inside Kelsey Berreth's house in Woodland Park. The FBI will not comment on what they are looking for or if they have found anything. They were at her town home since this morning and have been in and out of it.

About eight investigators with the FBI and CBI were at the home. They were still on scene at 4:30 p.m. They were carrying items into the home but an 11 News reporter on scene for hours didn't see them carrying anything out.
That sounds like they know where she was killed. Doing luminol tests etc I bet.

Are there any veteranians on here that could tell us about the effects of horse tranquilizers on humans?

How fast?

Immediate effects?

How they are applied?

I have been told a lot about them, but can not confirm

And I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree. There was a number of issues with his "training".
Is there a link to the video? Is there one on this thread? I've seen a number of different opinions but not the video itself. (Edited to say that was my last question. I'll be all caught up after that. I think.)

I’m not talking about a cursory walk thru. I’m talking about full-blown CSI. Multiple agencies spending an entire day there isn’t a secondary search; it’s primary. If they had done anything this thorough before now, they wouldn’t be doing it again today.
They had already done one search, I don't know how intensive, but enough that they knew if anything was missing, what was in the home (those dreaded cinnamon buns) and that her suitcase was still in the home. So it was more than a cursory walk through. LE has been very tight lipped about this investigation so they may have done more, but I agree it doesn't appear they did any in depth testing of things in the home.

That’s simply not true.

You can go over a house throughly with an initial CSI analysis, and still return at a later date when you have reason to do so.

I’ve seen this type of thing a lot.

It doesn’t mean that the house wasn’t investigated throughly the first time, just that there were potentially things learned during the course of the investigation, that necessitates a closer inspection.

Sometimes they’ll also send in an entirely new team to look at the scene with a fresh set of eyes.

I read somewhere (I’ll try to find it) where LE had taped around her door to prevent entry but not until 12/15, so before that people were able to come and go and possibly contaminate the scene? Is that normal in a missing person’s case in case they come home?, but somewhat worrysome, though I’d hope LE at least had eyes on the home to know who may come and go before they taped it off. Anyone know what “protocol” may be when someone is missing with regard to their residence?
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
It’s hard to tell. We haven’t been given word of that. However, when we went to her home yesterday, there was red tape on her door dated 12/15/18. It was taped on both the door & its frame, presumably so investigators would know if someone entered her home. #KelseyBerreth

(In response to a non-MSM tweet inquiring about whether KB's home was ruled out as a crime scene.)
FBI searches missing Woodland Park mom's home on Wednesday

I see they finally got around to searching Kelsey’s place today.
They didn't "finally" get around to it. It was a routine follow-up.
MOO

Thanks for finding this Poppy! You are awesome!
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
It’s hard to tell. We haven’t been given word of that. However, when we went to her home yesterday, there was red tape on her door dated 12/15/18. It was taped on both the door & its frame, presumably so investigators would know if someone entered her home. #KelseyBerreth

(In response to a non-MSM tweet inquiring about whether KB's home was ruled out as a crime scene.)

They didn't "finally" get around to it. It was a routine follow-up.
MOO
hanks

I took a class a while ago about online communication and in it, I learned that people can unintentionally interpret the written word differently than the writer intended it.

So I just want to say that it is not my intention to jump on or gang up on or be rude to anyone here and if anyone feels that I have done so, I apologize. You are absolutely right. MOO
Thank you Kapua, I appreciate you:)

Interesting thoughts today.

I'd love to survey you all on these three questions. For those of you who think PF is likely involved,

1. Do you think, if she was killed, that the perp intended to kill her or that it happened on impulse or even by accident?
2. Do you think one or more adults were present and witnessed a murder?
3. Is there any circumstance you can imagine where PF is the one who witnesses a purposeful/accidental murder, but doesn't turn the person in? Is there any chance he's protecting someone?

1. Impulsive seems most plausible to me.
2. No, just playing the odds, statistically.
3. Possible, but again, the statistics suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74