CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murders have happened since the beginning of time...men killing the women in their lives, probably as long. That won’t ever change. We seem to hear about them more and more, but that is partly because we are attuned to following crime news, partly because they are reported on the internet so nothing is really “local” and imo, partly due to greater access to drugs, booze, guns, etc...

All we can do is make help available for those who need it/ask for it (for domestic violence) and hope to convict the perps. Murder isn’t going away any time soon...

But Kelsey could not have done anything for a different outcome...hard to do when someone is plotting to kill you and no one tells you. Jmo

Exactly. Most of us find it utterly fascinating that men/women that are seemingly normal do these things w/o considering the consequences.

And it seems she called her mother for recipe help. Thank you! Caught up. And still learning as always
It bothers me as to the why KB Mom waited so long to report her missing , and I asked this question before was PF in contact with her during those day in between ? Do we know ? Was he appeasing her on the where abouts of Kelsey with excuses she was sick etc etc

How the heck did he get her body out of he home without being seen? It seems to lack privacy, IMO.
Maybe the fact that Xmas season was upon us if anyone saw him, they didn’t take note. I know we’ve heard no reports but people do forget, can’t recall correct dates and so forth.
I guess no camera captured him leaving her ‘hood. Or even entering. But if he was on tape departing, it might help establish times, did he turn, go straight, etc. just a thought.
It was Thanksgiving weekend, so it’s possible that fewer people were around than usual.

Under the cover of darkness, he could have transported her in something like a suitcase.

Worst case scenario, he dismembered her.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his movement, specifically his vehicle, was captured on surveillance cameras.

Financially independent is not being fully independent. She had an adult son living with her. That is not psychologically independent to me.

Good to see you back, Jennifer17. There is a possibility that she couldn't get him to leave. I've wondered about that. He may have been there just leeching off of him. I have known some irresponsible kids that the parents fear they will commit suicide or do something bad to others if they cut them off. I will be interesting to know more about the dynamics of this relationship.

It bothers me as to the why KB Mom waited so long to report her missing , and I asked this question before was PF in contact with her during those day in between ? Do we know ? Was he appeasing her on the where abouts of Kelsey with excuses she was sick etc etc
We don't, but my speculation only is that some conflicting and confusing information was given to CB. I don't think she realized that NO ONE had heard from Kelsey until December 2. I just have a feeling that different people may have been told different things and it was assumed/given the impression that she had been in touch with someone else, etc. That no one put the pieces together that in fact, no one had seen her since Thanksgiving, and whatever "her texts" said on November 25 weren't adding up. I really don't think anyone realized she was missing until Dec 2 because they either thought she had been in touch with someone or was accounted for. At some point, her family started realizing the story wasn't adding up.

I just don't think it was a matter of they kept calling and calling her phone and getting no response and they let it go for 10 days or were frantic with worry and didn't do anything. I think they were given/had reason to believe she was just out of touch or had talked to someone else, etc and were not yet concerned. All of this is just me reading between the lines and speculating, but that's my sense.

How the heck did he get her body out of he home without being seen? It seems to lack privacy, IMO.
Maybe the fact that Xmas season was upon us if anyone saw him, they didn’t take note. I know we’ve heard no reports but people do forget, can’t recall correct dates and so forth.
I guess no camera captured him leaving her ‘hood. Or even entering. But if he was on tape departing, it might help establish times, did he turn, go straight, etc. just a thought.
A friend of mine, her son was killed. They moved his body to a deep freeze. Then in the middle of the night moved the freezer to the back of a truck. No one saw. Not one neighbor heard a thing.

Bernie Tiede did this for almost a year with a widow, Margie Nugent, that he had shot and put in the freezer.

We don't, but my speculation only is that some conflicting and confusing information was given to CB. I don't think she realized that NO ONE had heard from Kelsey until December 2. I just have a feeling that different people may have been told different things and it was assumed/given the impression that she had been in touch with someone else, etc. That no one put the pieces together that in fact, no one had seen her since Thanksgiving, and whatever "her texts" said on November 25 weren't adding up. I really don't think anyone realized she was missing until Dec 2 because they either thought she had been in touch with someone or was accounted for. At some point, her family started realizing the story wasn't adding up.

I just don't think it was a matter of they kept calling and calling her phone and getting no response and they let it go for 10 days or were frantic with worry and didn't do anything. I think they were given/had reason to believe she was just out of touch or had talked to someone else, etc and were not yet concerned. All of this is just me reading between the lines and speculating, but that's my sense.
My thoughts were she was in contact with PF or his Mom and they stonewalled with this n that of where Kelsey was.

Good to see you back, Jennifer17. There is a possibility that she couldn't get him to leave. I've wondered about that. He may have been there just leeching off of him. I have known some irresponsible kids that the parents fear they will commit suicide or do something bad to others if they cut them off. I will be interesting to know more about the dynamics of this relationship.
Did you see her? She is supposed to be 65 and she looks like she could be in her eighties. Limping when she walked, like poor me an old lady.

My thoughts were she was in contact with PF or his Mom and they stonewalled with this n that of where Kelsey was.
On Kelsey's mom's very first public post she shared with the Missing Person flyer on December 2, she wrote:

"If you believe in prayer, please pray tonight for Kelsey Berreth’s safe return. We discovered today that she has been missing for a week."

That makes me think she had no idea that Kelsey had been missing for a week. I don't think they even knew she had been missing, likely because of false information they had been given.

The bad reporting in the beginning of the case made it sound like her family just hung out for a week and didn't report her missing. I don't believe that at all. I think they were misled.

Last edited:
On Kelsey's mom's very first public post she shared with the Missing Person flyer, she wrote, "We discovered today that she has been missing for a week." That makes me think she had no idea the Kelsey had been missing for a week. I don't think they even knew she had been missing, likely because of false information they had been given.

The bad reporting in the beginning of the case made it sound like her family just hung out for a week and didn't report her missing. I don't believe that at all. I think they were misled.
And by then she would have gone back to work, so her mom may not have felt that was unusual to not hear from her since she said that it was often hard to catch Kelsey when she was working. I do wonder at what point he told them that she had gone to her grandma's house.

It also does not help that there were three agencies involved, but I do suspect some of the media are influenced by what they have read in SM.
Agree. SM seems to be the driving factor for many "news" agencies here in the US. Without it they'd likely have nothing to talk about.
MOO

It was Thanksgiving weekend, so it’s possible that fewer people were around than usual.

Under the cover of darkness, he could have transported her in something like a suitcase.

Worst case scenario, he dismembered her.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his movement, specifically his vehicle, was captured on surveillance cameras.

Yeah, I had thought of luggage, a large box, a duffle bag.
Lord, if I tried to put a corpse in my vehicle, it’s hard to tell what would go wrong.

As for PF wanting her dead...

Some men simply are intimidated by strong successful women. They expect to be the bread winner. They need to be the night and shining armour. Some men need to dominate their woman.

MOO takes me down a path of self dignity in regard to Kelsey. A strong woman. PF I believed couldn't break her like he did his horses. I feel he came to hate her. He seems very protective or domineering over his daughter.
Same trait again....

She had two cars parked in her driveway, it would not be difficult to cart her between the two cars and put her in his truck.
Good point. But what about the smell of death. Were their cadaver dogs? And the human body releases its bowels I think after 2-3 hours. It would be a mess to put that into something.

Unless this was premeditated in detail minute by minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa