CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. LE would not lie to the public about the date she was reported missing and the date they began to investigate. There is no reason for that type of deception and it would only erode public trust. Everything in the investigation will have been carefully documented and what they did to investigate from the beginning will eventually be released. We will see body cams of the well check visit, videos or audio recordings of phone calls made, LE's notes on interviews and what they did to follow up on everything. Colorado has laws that require transparency on what was done to investigate so all that will come out. If the police chief lied about the date they started investigating he could lose his job IMO.
I didn't know any of this. So in time, we can expect to know as much about the who/what/when/why/where.... as LE knows?!?

I don’t see that her mom avoided saying what recipe Kelsey asked for. It just was not important in the scheme of things, imo, at that moment. By that time, Kelsey had been missing a long time. As long as LE knows all, I don’t need to.

It must be an informant.
The mail, trash, and cinnamon rolls most likey pointed them down a path as well. If she "texted" on Sunday that she was going out of town for a week, she would have cleaned up the rolls, taken out the trash and collected her mail before she left. IMO
Edited for spelling

Last edited:
I didn't know any of this. So in time, we can expect to know as much about the who/what/when/why/where.... as LE knows?!?

Yes. They can withhold it until after the trial but in time it will all be released. Take a look at the Chris Watts case and what was released after he plead guilty and was sentenced. The first thing released was a nearly 2000 page document. Then they started releasing body cam videos and witness interview videos. Here's a link to the first document dump in that case: 18CR2003-Discovery-REDACTED-FINAL.pdf

Do we know the first date that either LE or KB’s family went inside her residence? December 2?

I’ve wondered IF PF painted over a wall after the fact, paint smell always tends to linger in a room for at least a few days. I’ve been curious if it smelled like paint inside of KB’s house to anyone? I know nobody has mentioned it, but something I’ve been curious about.
If you cut a small onion in half, a medium onion into thirds, or a large onion into fourths and put them around a room (or rooms) the onion will absorb the paint odor - and the onion smell is muted or absent as well. It has never been a full day to eliminate the odor when I have done it. Then just throw the onions away.

Yes. They can withhold it until after the trial but in time it will all be released. Take a look at the Chris Watts case and what was released after he plead guilty and was sentenced. The first thing released was a nearly 2000 page document. Then they started releasing body cam videos and witness interview videos. Here's a link to the first document dump in that case: 18CR2003-Discovery-REDACTED-FINAL.pdf
It could be a very long time before we see that kind of raw info in this case as we did in the Watts case. I think this has some twists and turns ahead and that it will go to trial. IMO

The mail, trash, and muffins most likey pointed them down a path as well. If she "texted" on Sunday that she was going out of town for a week, she would have cleaned up the muffins, taken out the trash and collected her mail before she left. IMO
Is it possible that the mail, trash and muffins may have equally supported a Friday death? Just curious!

I read nearly all 2000 pages and commented to my better half, "holy moly--I didn't know LE released this type of info". Is Colorado far more liberal than the rest of America--in these cases?

Is it possible that the mail, trash and muffins may have equally supported a Friday death? Just curious!
Perhaps KB's mom knew that KB made cinnamon rolls on Thursday morning per one of the phone conversations they had. If they were not wrapped up or put away then that would zero in on a Thursday timeline.

Last edited:
Cinnamon rolls...not muffins.

We do not know if Kelsey broke up with him or even if she planned to, imo. I believe that was PF’s version when asked why he did not report her missing. Jmo
We chuckle about those cinnamon rolls, but they do tell a story, even if they can't talk. They're telling me, it was a normal day and KB had no idea of what might lie ahead. No warning. No inkling he had murder on his mind.

I just want to say I love it here. I get so teased by my kids for my interest (ok, obsession) with crime solving... and now I get teased for being on Websleuths:)
But I'm so happy I'm not the only one, and I'm in such good company!
All of this for KB and the B family.

I read nearly all 2000 pages and commented to my better half, "holy moly--I didn't know LE released this type of info". Is Colorado far more liberal than the rest of America--in these cases?
Not sure. It could have been because of the international interest in that case. I don't recall any document release of the Harold Henthorne case where he was found guilty.

Reactions: BUF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member