CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked if his finances were bad? I don't really know for certain, but based on Kelsey's mother's comments, I'm assuming they are. Kelsey's mother said that the two hadn't yet gotten married due to financial issues. I can't remember the exact wording, but something to do with a drop in cattle pricing.
Don't know why it didn't work, but I was responding to Aydrianna
Yes in her interview she said they had not gotten married because cattle prices were poor, but I’m wondering if they really were or if that was something PF told KB to avoid marriage??

You asked if his finances were bad? I don't really know for certain, but based on Kelsey's mother's comments, I'm assuming they are. Kelsey's mother said that the two hadn't yet gotten married due to financial issues. I can't remember the exact wording, but something to do with a drop in cattle pricing.
Thx. Having trouble posting. I forgot how to. Yes, that answers my question.

Delete - misunderstood comment

Yes in her interview she said they had not gotten married because cattle prices were poor, but I’m wondering if they really were or if that was something PF told KB to avoid marriage??
Thx. Explains a lot. I thought maybe he was rich (an heir to a ranch).

I think the cattle price thing, if true, is something PF MIGHT have used as an excuse to K, as to why they couldn’t wed. I have cattle, the price fluctuates daily. But, if I have a cow that’s worth $1200 today & prices fall Tuesday, it’s not as if she’s suddenly worth $63 or so. Idk his herd size. Jmo, the price fluctuation is nominal.

I truly think he simply is not “marriage material” & that is not at all what he wanted. IMO, he wanted to run, rope & ride. He wasn’t interested in riding double.

I have considered this, too. Especially, if he runs the rodeo circuit, traveling frequently. Idk how frequently he travels, tho.
Did K have any interest in horses, do we know?
In my personal experience, as an avid horse fanatic, one loves or despises the sport (speaking to western horsemanship). My now deceased husband would have preferred wall papering a small bathroom over any horse related activity.
If he is really into the “cowboy” life, K was not likely to be able to participate often, due to her work. IMO and, possibly, she wasn’t interested in horses, rodeos, etc.

"Garretson described Kelsey as a sweet, loving “country girl” who loves horses, hiking and the outdoors."

Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom

??? PF went to Washington and moved Kelsey to Colorado. How do you interpret that as him freaking out?
MOO
Some of the interpretations we make are based on our own reference points. I met a man online who lived a time zone six hours away from mine. I went there, he came here, I went there, he came here.... After five years of commuting, I decided to move in with him. On his flight here, "to pick me and take me home" , he had a heart attack (and a full recovery). In time we both realized that he had"freaked out". He was 63, had never lived with a woman and was terrified of a "real relationship". We both agree that what may have played a big role in the initial attraction was the distance.... Even though he liked me, even though he came to take me home with him, still he freaked out.

One of the reasons I lean towards child custody and child support being the motive is that if he has custody, KB will pay him child support. I’m guessing she made decent money, which is a definite motive. It also provides him more control over KB if he has custody. MOO

ETA- KB won’t relocate if he has custody.

Last edited:
Interesting! I was just pondering whether KB told CB that PF was coming for dinner and the recipe was for a turkey. If KB knew CB expected him over at noon, it might explain why she was surprised her daughter was not dressed nicer in the video, why the contents of the groceries, the recipe, or video of her exiting the store seems to be off limits, and why her mom (in an evasive way) mentioned she had spoke of going to dinner with him.

I believe CB stated there was to be no big Tday at K’s.

I think that was just an excuse. Either that's what he was telling Kelsey or she was making excuses for him.
Her mom did say the relationship was not "ideal" and PF's lawyer stated that they "had their ups and downs" so I would assume it was no secret that there were problems. What those problems may have been we can only speculate. Imo

Some of the interpretations we make are based on our own reference points. I met a man online who lived a time zone six hours away from mine. I went there, he came here, I went there, he came here.... After five years of commuting, I decided to move in with him. On his flight here, "to pick me and take me home" , he had a heart attack (and a full recovery). In time we both realized that he had"freaked out". He was 63, had never lived with a woman and was terrified of a "real relationship". We both agree that what may have played a big role in the initial attraction was the distance.... Even though he liked me, even though he came to take me home with him, still he freaked out.
Sorry about your unhappy ending. Some relationships work better from a distance.

I think that was just an excuse. Either that's what he was telling Kelsey or she was making excuses for him.
Her mom did say the relationship was not "ideal" and PF's lawyer stated that they "had their ups and downs" so I would assume it was no secret that there were problems. What those problems may have been we can only speculate. Imo

We all have problems, the dif’ is how we handle them, IMO
All too frequently, in these cases, men are in the 30ish age range. Have you noticed?

Per finances, I don’t understand him having issues, IF true.
It costs me over $100, per horse, for trim/shoes. Being females (mares), they only wear their shoes about six weeks before wanting a new set. Friends that live far out, pay more, due to travel time/cost for the farrier. Btw, $100 is a good deal, my farrier is a good friend & curs me slack. He often goes to one of the most famous thoroughbred farms in the world (yes, world) and will do 30-40 head. The guy is making big bucks. His schedule is FULL. If he did mine 01-01-19, right then we pencil in a date six weeks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici