CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that his motive for murdering Kelsey would be because he was looking for someone else. Usually the guy kills a woman because the woman wants to move on. All a guess at this point, though.
I feel it's likely to be one as much as the other. There's definitely more to this story and I'm inclined to feel if anyone was looking for greener pastures it was PF. That's not to say I don't feel KB knew the relationship was not ideal and likely not going to lead to the altar. I just don't see her being the one to take the first step in moving on to another relationship.

I just want to say I love it here. I get so teased by my kids for my interest (ok, obsession) with crime solving... and now I get teased for being on Websleuths:)
But I'm so happy I'm not the only one, and I'm in such good company!
All of this for KB and the B family.
Yes, you are not alone. My sister in law, niece and nephew took my (adolescent) daughter Christmas shopping. When they asked her what she thought I might want for Christmas she said, "I don't know, she likes anything to do with murder."

I think the neighbor left on the 22nd and was gone for three days? Pommy can you chime in?
From what I remember from the pics of the interior the loft was a bedroom and I think the bathroom was on the shared wall. But I'm not certain of that.
I seem to remember that the neighbor left on Thanksgiving for an extended period of time (longer than just dinner - perhaps several days?) but I don't recall exactly. I'll see if I can find what she said. :)
MOO
Hmmm. Now I don't know where I got that ^ idea. I thought it was in a series of tweets with Sam Kraemer but all I'm finding is that she left to spend the day with family.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
She saw two trucks. KB & PF both have red pickups. KB's is Chevy, per her uncle. PF, from video I've seen & seeing it towed, is Toyota. KB also has a small sedan. Neighbor tells me she saw all three vehicles when she went outside to leave. That was around 12:30-1p

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Good question. The neighbor left to have Thanksgiving with family. I'm not sure after that

Neighbor's interview:

Also, watched
Video of them taking evidence from her home... why do they have such a tall ladder?!?!
Prior speculation has been the possibility of LE collecting evidence from the ceiling and high up on the walls. It was reported that the neighbor heard a lot of banging when LE was collecting said evidence.

I read somewhere she worked at the coffee shop in Florrisant (Costello house, delicious coffee!).... right down the road from the 35 acre property...

I've read that she moved here
For the pilot job??? Why would she work here at coffee shop, if she had the pilot job? And
She got
Her mail in Florrisant? She moved to 269 e Lake in June, where did she live prior to that?

If PF helped her move to area, she stayed with PF and SF, got her mailbox set up, got a local job... I think she wanted things to be sunshine and rainbows with PF but it wasn't so she was moving on and co-parenting... got her good paying job, bought her home, was responsible enough to have 2 vehicles (4wd for winter and small car for summer), she took care of herself. PF was losing control... she was done w him and he was going to lose baby K too...

She couldn't fly while heavily pregnant (according to female pilots who posted here). My theory is she got the coffee house job during that time of her pregnancy. Prior to buying her townhouse she rented another unit in the same complex.

Cohabitation increases the likelihood of murder by a partner, while marriage lessens it

Great information! Question about the above.... In terms of the likelihood of a murder between people who neither live together nor whom are married... any statistics on that?

Okay, so I started reading over the past few weeks about uxoricide, or the murder of one's mate. The general there are three reasons why men kill their partners: jealousy, control or fear of abandonment. Cohabitation increases the likelihood of murder by a partner, while marriage lessens it (living together causes the man to feel less in control of the relationship). Age is another factor in that the younger a couple is or the greater the age difference, the more likely a murder is to occur. Most murders occur with a past history of abuse, but we didn't see any of that here and I've been unable to find any previous records of Frazee having assaulted anyone, but I've only been able to access the past three months of records through the county.
What I'm wondering is, perhaps she was holding off on the wedding until he got his finances in order and maybe that loss of control and fear of abandonment precipitated his desire to kill her. Maybe that was his motive.
...and because of the 'solicitation of murder' charge, he'd planned it? I'm trying to wrap my head around motive, if it had to do with the relationship.
Love the info about uxoricide btw, thanks!

Great information! Question about the above.... In terms of the likelihood of a murder between people who neither live together nor whom are married... any statistics on that?
They didn't say anything about that in the research articles I read, but I would gather that it would increase the likelihood, if there were control issues.

I read somewhere she worked at the coffee shop in Florrisant (Costello house, delicious coffee!).... right down the road from the 35 acre property...

For the pilot job??? Why would she work here at coffee shop, if she had the pilot job? And
She got
Her mail in Florrisant? She moved to 269 e Lake in June, where did she live prior to that?

If PF helped her move to area, she stayed with PF and SF, got her mailbox set up, got a local job... I think she wanted things to be sunshine and rainbows with PF but it wasn't so she was moving on and co-parenting... got her good paying job, bought her home, was responsible enough to have 2 vehicles (4wd for winter and small car for summer), she took care of herself. PF was losing control... she was done w him and he was going to lose baby K too...

Deleted by me...answered by another WSer!

...and because of the 'solicitation of murder' charge, he'd planned it? I'm trying to wrap my head around motive, if it had to do with the relationship.
Love the info about uxoricide btw, thanks!
Yes, I do believe there was some planning due to the solicitation of murder charge. I don't know how long that planning was, but it does lend to that conclusion, imo.

One of the reasons I think he freaked out is because his history had not placed him in a good light in terms of carrying on healthy adult male-female relationships. No woman has come forward supporting he was a reliable partner. He cheated on an old girlfriend while she was sick in the hospital. He did not live together with the woman he impregnated. He still lived at home. And he probably killed KB. I don't think he ever had reached a maturity level to be involved in a healthy relationship and live like a family. I bet he freaked out when she moved there and then again, when she became pregnant.
PF went to Washington and moved Kelsey down to Colorado. How do you interpret that as him freaking out?
MOO

Last edited:
This is what I think. I think he likes women online far away he can hold at arms length and visit at will.

I have considered this, too. Especially, if he runs the rodeo circuit, traveling frequently. Idk how frequently he travels, tho.
Did K have any interest in horses, do we know?
In my personal experience, as an avid horse fanatic, one loves or despises the sport (speaking to western horsemanship). My now deceased husband would have preferred wall papering a small bathroom over any horse related activity.
If he is really into the “cowboy” life, K was not likely to be able to participate often, due to her work. IMO and, possibly, she wasn’t interested in horses, rodeos, etc.

There is a lot regarding intimate partner homicide, which many times involves another love interest. But when you add a young child and the fact that custody had not been established, it's a whole different category. Imo

Last edited:
Here's a great article, and not that long. The Twisted Reasons Why Some Husbands Kill Their Wives
If you go to the CDC and put "intimate partner violence" in the search area there are a number of research articles that discuss the issue. It's sad when you read that as a woman we are far more likely to be assaulted by someone we love than by a stranger.

She got

I thought I remember 2 neighbors talking to the press and one had said they thought he lived with KB while the other thought he only came for pick up/drop offs. I am so curious about their relationship status with how much mixed information is out there. Not convinced she thought the relationship was over.

I also thought about another possible motive for PF. After baby the focus in a relationship rightfully becomes less on your partner and more on the baby. This can lead to resentment or in PF’s case, maybe feelings of being lied to or duped in a sense (he could have felt like she changed drastically). In a “normal” person this wouldn’t lead to murder, but could with certain personalities. MOO

You asked if his finances were bad? I don't really know for certain, but based on Kelsey's mother's comments, I'm assuming they are. Kelsey's mother said that the two hadn't yet gotten married due to financial issues. I can't remember the exact wording, but something to do with a drop in cattle pricing.
Don't know why it didn't work, but I was responding to Aydrianna

Thx for your reply. I've seen this mentioned in other posts. Was there something you read/heard that made you think he wanted to move on? And why would he kill Kelsey if he was moving on? Do you think because of child support? They weren't married so there would be no spousal support. So that couldn't be it...

I don't think it had anything to do with child support. Kelsey earned a decent wage. My thoughts are it boiled down to custody and control. He couldn't "move on" without jeopardizing his present relationship with his daughter if Kelsey decided to move away. My reason for thinking he may have already moved on to another budding relationship is that he met KB online. It's nothing new, CW case in point. I get the feeling neither one of them was happy with the direction their relationship was going in but merely maintaining the status quo until it reached critical mass. And that it did, for him at least, seeing he despised her and feared her enough to plan her murder. And, it was reported that he cheated on a former girlfriend while she was in hospital. I know how that goes. My DIL did it several times to our late son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici