CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Berreth was a regular customer at Paradise Spirits, a liquor store next door to Safeway, said owner Lon Rust.

She would come in after work, in her flight suit, he said. Berreth worked as a flight instructor at Doss Aviation in Pueblo.

“We talked about her being a pilot,” he said. “She was just a real sweet girl, really friendly.”

When he saw news reports that she had gone missing, Rust said he was “shocked.”

“I thought, ‘I know that girl,’” he said."

Missing Woodland Park woman, Kelsey Berreth, presumed dead; fiance arrested in her murder
Just saying, there’s lots to buy at a liquor store that’s not liquor.... like Fritos and a Dr. Pepper.... or Corn Nuts and a Ginger Ale.... or a Snickers bar and an iced tea... etc, etc, etc...

I know nothing of her faith other than how she was reportedly raised.
Personally, I have friends raised in the most strictly religious of homes & once they flew the coop......they really flew the coop. They no longer adhere to the beliefs they “had” to as a child. Jmo
I agree, there are a LOT of churches around here, and not one sticking their neck out for her

Wouldn't they have to have the passcode?

Yes and no, that is assuming her phone had a passcode on it (I do not). But when I did my husband knew the password so it could very easily be that he knew the password and relayed the info to whomever or simply removed the password prior to placing the phone.

Just saying, there’s lots to buy at a liquor store that’s not liquor.... like Fritos and a Dr. Pepper.... or Corn Nuts and a Ginger Ale.... or a Snickers bar and an iced tea... etc, etc, etc...

Exactly. It is probably the closest market to her townhouse. Why drive all the way to Safeway if you just need milk or orange juice? Or you just want a snack or the newspaper or some toilet paper?

I used to go to my little corner market a lot too. Rarely did I buy liquor there, although I did occasionally.

Yes and no, that is assuming her phone had a passcode on it (I do not). But when I did my husband knew the password so it could very easily be that he knew the password and relayed the info to whomever or simply removed the password prior to placing the phone.
Morbid but... he could have logged in using her thumbprint after she had passed.

I have thought the same thing. She was a beautiful young lady and most likely had many men intersted in her.

She was so lovely! I agree with you.

No. That doesn't mean she drinks. Not close. I get gum and the occasional lotto ticket at liquor stores. Sometimes a bottle of water or nuts if I don't want to deal with the supermarket.

I wouldn't go to a liquor store for actual liquor typically because it's too expensive.

And no where does it say she shopped daily, just that she came in frequently.

Not in South Carolina! You can only buy liquor and wine in our ABC stores - not even beer or mixers - they are sold separately in a side store. The state controls this. So weird when we travel to see liquor sold in the grocery or places like CVS or Walgreens. I don't know how it's sold in Colorado.

What was that info about the LLC. Wasn't that her parent's LLC ? Or was that erroneous info?
The home is owned by Kelsey. In CO instead of a mortgage, they finance homes through what's known as a deed of trust. A deed of trust is kind of like a co-signer for a loan, and the deed of trust is held by an LLC ,which some say is owned by her family.

I think she may have moved closer to her work at some point in the future. Her commute sounds exhausting.
Maybe. But she had only just bought the townhouse, which makes me think she wanted to stay put for awhile. It may have been intended for an investment, and then she was planning on selling when the baby got older. Imo

So testing out my theory about the text messages, I have an iPhone, I sent two messages and shut my phone down immediately. Prior to doing so I went ahead and added a quick password. When my phone booted back up, before I put the passcode in, the messages sent to my sons phone. So all of that to say, even if she had a lock on her phone someone simply powering it on can force the unsent messages to send.

Or she could have gone in and bought her favorite wine every now and then. That's certainly no crime. By "regular" it could have been once a month or every other month, she probably stood out in her flight suit. Even if she stopped once a week for a bottle of wine, that doesn't make her a bad person. A gas station would or the actual Safeway would be cheaper for a snack and water. It doesn't sound like he's implying anything negative about her by saying she's a customer.

All IMO

What was that info about the LLC. Wasn't that her parent's LLC ? Or was that erroneous info?

Her parents set up a LLC and acted as a private lender for the financing of the house. KB owned the house/is the only one on the title. The financing portion is where her parents come in, no different than those of us who borrow from Bank of America, PNC, etc

She was so lovely! I agree with you.

And no where does it say she shopped daily, just that she came in frequently.

Not in South Carolina! You can only buy liquor and wine in our ABC stores - not even beer or mixers - they are sold separately in a side store. The state controls this. So weird when we travel to see liquor sold in the grocery or places like CVS or Walgreens. I don't know how it's sold in Colorado.
Same here! I've never heard of a liquor store selling anything else but liquor! You would only go there to buy one thing. No gum or lottery tickets. Maybe in Colorado it's different.

Exactly. It is probably the closest market to her townhouse. Why drive all the way to Safeway if you just need milk or orange juice? Or you just want a snack or the newspaper or some toilet paper?

I used to go to my little corner market a lot too. Rarely did I buy liquor there, although I did occasionally.

The article says it's right next to Safeway. Also they don't sell tp, oj, etc just liquor at a liquor store. They do sell water and pop, but no grocery items. MOO

Or she could have gone in and bought her favorite wine every now and then. That's certainly no crime. By "regular" it could have been once a month or every other month, she probably stood out in her flight suit. Even if she stopped once a week for a bottle of wine, that doesn't make her a bad person. A gas station would or the actual Safeway would be cheaper for a snack and water. It doesn't sound like he's implying anything negative about her by saying she's a customer.

All IMO
Nothing wrong with a single mom having a drink now and then. Imo

Morbid but... he could have logged in using her thumbprint after she had passed.
There’s not a lot of study in it, for obvious reasons.

I remember one recent case where police attempted to unlock the phone of an armed robber, who was shot and killed.

They failed.

It requires an electrical component that is generally only present in living people.

It has happened, but it’s not the norm.

It’s very unlikely here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members