CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I am not thinking of a dump. I don't even know if WP or Divide has its own dump as it might just be a transfer station so you put it there and it gets transferred to a regular dump.But I totally agree the needle in the haystack.
I do feel strongly that unless PF talks, which I seriously doubt he will, or if an accomplice talks the only other possible way of locating her is if one of the phones can give a clue as to her whereabouts. After that the only way I see her being located is somebody like a hiker, climber, backpacker or hunter stumbling upon her. Thinking logically I would think he would do what is most comfortable to him. He is obviously very comfortable around horses and riding them so my first guess would be he took a ride. He probably used a horse trailer to go less than 20 miles then took her out up to another 20 miles after that. Just speculation on my part as I think that would be the least risky and the most comfortable to him and very hard to locate a person doing that. The lazy way would be to just push the body of the side of a cliff on the road. Much of the road like CO 67, towards Cripple Creek has no shoulder so you can't stop in the road during the day as other cars would be coming and it is only a narrow 2 lane with no shoulder. But you could stop on the road at night long enough to do what you need to do then keep going. I am not talking about the places where there is a pullout on the side I am talking about the road when it is over 1000 feet straight down off the side of the road and there is no shoulder to pull over on. So if you stop there you are stopping in the actual lane of traffic. But I think he took a horse ride. MOO
Hmmm. Did the cadaver dogs get to sniff the horses?

In some states, even if his name is not on deed, if they married
and lived on the property together, he would have some marital
rights ($$$) to the property.
This may be why KB's mom was so quick to point out that they NEVER lived together.
I suspect there may have been some doubts from KB's parents
about PF's character and veracity.
IMO, maybe KB’s family thought it best to put her townhome in their LLC in event she did marry. So a name could/would not be added to the deed. In the event of divorce down the road? Moo
My friends parents did this very thing. Halfway through her marriage they purchased a house for her and her family, but kept it in trust so that if/when they were divorced, which they anticipated, she would not lose her home because it didn’t technically belong to her. Husband had no right to it.

Hypothetically speaking, if the mother of one of his exes was speaking out on SM, and providing pics to back up her statements, it would violate TOS to discuss that here bc it’s not on the family operated page, correct?

You can ask a mod about that.

My friends parents did this very thing. Halfway through her marriage they purchased a house for her and her family, but kept it in trust so that if/when they were divorced, which they anticipated, she would not lose her home because it didn’t technically belong to her. Husband had no right to it.

Smart.

I know nothing of her faith other than how she was reportedly raised.
Personally, I have friends raised in the most strictly religious of homes & once they flew the coop......they really flew the coop. They no longer adhere to the beliefs they “had” to as a child. Jmo

I don't think Kelsey was a strict adherent to the Adventist faith as she's known to enjoy an alcoholic beverage.

Or drive up one of those steep mountain roads and toss her over. Somewhere hikers wouldn't even discover anything. Pikes Peak access road is very close to Woodland Park, for example. In 1992, a suicidal man drove his pickup truck off Pike's Peak and it landed in an area called "The Bottomless Pit" and even though it was witnessed, it was extremely difficult to find even the truck. Probably because it was witnessed, it was eventually found. In this case though, perhaps a more secure place in the mind of PF is hiding her body somewhere, and close.....in the water, buried, in a bin...I do agree he's going to have to tell where in order for her to be found. jmo
One year, probably 20 years ago or more, when I was big into climbing we went up Pikes Peak the back way through the Crags as that is the preferred way in the winter. Anyway with the short winter days we somehow got screwed up as it was whiteout conditions and found ourselves on very steep rock ledges having to rope our dogs down as it was too steep for them as well. We ended up spending the night out there just because of the extreme steep cliffs you mention. Can't imagine some of the stuff you would find there but for most of the year it would be covered by snow.

Yes and any items that she shopped for at Safeway exp: (turkey) if those ended up in SF freezer would be a tattle tale. Safeway would be able to pin point and pull her receipt with time stamp and items on it.
Could he actually be that stupid?? She may have been a vegetarian though and that would rule out that fat turkey :)

Actually I am not thinking of a dump. I don't even know if WP or Divide has its own dump as it might just be a transfer station so you put it there and it gets transferred to a regular dump.But I totally agree the needle in the haystack.
I do feel strongly that unless PF talks, which I seriously doubt he will, or if an accomplice talks the only other possible way of locating her is if one of the phones can give a clue as to her whereabouts. After that the only way I see her being located is somebody like a hiker, climber, backpacker or hunter stumbling upon her. Thinking logically I would think he would do what is most comfortable to him. He is obviously very comfortable around horses and riding them so my first guess would be he took a ride. He probably used a horse trailer to go less than 20 miles then took her out up to another 20 miles after that. Just speculation on my part as I think that would be the least risky and the most comfortable to him and very hard to locate a person doing that. The lazy way would be to just push the body of the side of a cliff on the road. Much of the road like CO 67, towards Cripple Creek has no shoulder so you can't stop in the road during the day as other cars would be coming and it is only a narrow 2 lane with no shoulder. But you could stop on the road at night long enough to do what you need to do then keep going. I am not talking about the places where there is a pullout on the side I am talking about the road when it is over 1000 feet straight down off the side of the road and there is no shoulder to pull over on. So if you stop there you are stopping in the actual lane of traffic. But I think he took a horse ride. MOO

I think she left in a horse trailer, I’ve not considered he transported her on a horse. With rigor’ I think that’d be a bit tough??
Again, I think he’s confident she won’t be found.
When she is......we know the rest of the story, someone else killed her.

MOO

Seeing theories that KB may have met someone new, which is what triggered PF. IMO if KB had a new love interest he would have been speaking out when she first went missing, can’t see him staying in the shadows. Yes, LE would absolutely look into him as a suspect as well but if he was innocent I would think he’d step up and say something. Especially if KB had told him anything negative about PF. Again, purely MOO.

Where did we see that?

Not troubleshooting you, just don’t remember reading this.

<modsnipped>

She would come in after work, in her flight suit, he said. Berreth worked as a flight instructor at Doss Aviation in Pueblo.

“We talked about her being a pilot,” he said. “She was just a real sweet girl, really friendly.”

When he saw news reports that she had gone missing, Rust said he was “shocked.”

“I thought, ‘I know that girl,’” he said."

Missing Woodland Park woman, Kelsey Berreth, presumed dead; fiance arrested in her murder

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, she may well (also) have met someone else. Not necessarily moved on to another relationship, but she almost certainly would have had options and offers. Regardless of whatever else he had on the table, if PF sensed KB was no longer totally devoted to him, that could have tipped the balance. IMO.
But if HE already had a new "squeeze" too, why would he care about her having a relationship? Then, we're back to custody as the prime motive for the murder. JMT

"Berreth was a regular customer at Paradise Spirits, a liquor store next door to Safeway, said owner Lon Rust.

She would come in after work, in her flight suit, he said. Berreth worked as a flight instructor at Doss Aviation in Pueblo.

“We talked about her being a pilot,” he said. “She was just a real sweet girl, really friendly.”

When he saw news reports that she had gone missing, Rust said he was “shocked.”

“I thought, ‘I know that girl,’” he said."

Missing Woodland Park woman, Kelsey Berreth, presumed dead; fiance arrested in her murder

Wow, first time I’ve seen this! Is this a reliable source???

I think that it’s just as likely that he met a new woman.

We just don’t know a lot about either of them, or what was happening in their relationship.

Neither would surprise me.
Or could be just as simple as she saw through him, he no longer had her fooled. He needed to move on to someone he could dupe all over again. being in the handsome, rugged cowboy would be easy to achieve online. Worst thing that ever happened either of them was her moving there and figuring out who he really was. IMO

I know nothing of her faith other than how she was reportedly raised.
Personally, I have friends raised in the most strictly religious of homes & once they flew the coop......they really flew the coop. They no longer adhere to the beliefs they “had” to as a child. Jmo

Many that leave strict home let it rip once they are on their own no doubt and I totally agree with that.. But we do not even know how strict her home was.

I myself do not hold much opinion on KB's religious faith because obviously I did not know her. She had a baby and was not married so maybe that was why she was telling her mother she was engaged. I also do not know much on SDA but would imagine that most would be against abortion? I have no clue, SDA was discussed wayyyyyy up yonder in previous threads.
Women get pregnant unmarried now everyday, they are allowed to go to school pregnant so times have certainly changed. but some religions do frown on it. Maybe a reason she chose to stay in CO. not only because PF was the baby's father but for that reason also. Who knows.

Could he actually be that stupid?? She may have been a vegetarian though and that would rule out that fat turkey :)
Well not necessarily the turkey whatever she went to Safeway for, has it been accounted for ? And has her engagement ring (IF) she had one where is it ? If it was found in PF truck or in SF house that ring will be a dirty rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82