AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d almost forgotten that I was gonna reply to this. Many years ago, when my haunt was in the Minoqua area, we had a bunch of toys (that was kinda the point of being there). I usually did the dirt bikes, but ended up on the three wheeler one afternoon. When a rear tire blew in the middle of the woods, the chain of events led to the thing landing on top of me and ended up breaking three of my ribs. THAT was a fun walk out of the woods. I think that is why they don’t make those ridiculous things anynore.
Your assessment of three wheelers is very true. I dislocated a shoulder three months ago and I’m waaaay too old for that. My problem is I’m not very smart and I figure anything can kill me, may as well pick something fun. But that’s also why I can’t see an ATV escape at night with an unwilling passenger. The handle bars/brake/kill switch are too easily accessible. For me, that plan is below zip tying her hands/feet and throwing her in wheel barrow and taking the trails. The only way I see an ATV escape as plausible is if she went willingly. That makes the ride at night a lot easier, but I haven’t seen anything to make me think she did.

It's rural Wisconsin. Old abandoned wells can be out in the country, and the pipe doesn't always stick out of the ground. Old cisterns too, but those would be harder to overlook in a search.
I grew up in rural wi, and most homes had wells, and it was a pipe, not something you could fall in like baby Jessica. We did have a lot of those fake wells though, looks like the ones with a bucket but instead had flowers inside.

A press conference called for a week out is not the norm. The only time I can recall something like that is when LE says ‘we will have a presser every Tuesday to keep you all up to date’. And then if the case goes on too long they can’t keep that up. Going from nothing to a presser in a week is very very curious. The announcement coming as it did soon after a very interesting rumor makes me think they are connected. Why would LE wait to announce anything big? So they could have the most control on the announcement. They can plan it to the nth degree. We have said it here that if they called an unexpected presser, reporters would be wrecking their cars to get to it. This way they can better handle the circus that could erupt from a major announcement. Are they keeping info from the family until then? That would be cruel for sure, unless it IS good news and they can assure the family that Jayme is safe and well and that they will take them to her at a designated time. Someone once said somewhere on WS, reporters know if you want to find out info about someone, watch those closest to them. I am not in any way shape or form suggesting that stalking the family is a good idea. But maybe if the attorney ad litem was observed traveling to and from a hospital or safe house of some sort it would tell us something. I believe this delayed presser is a good sign, as frustrating as it is to wait. If I am right that she has been found alive, and recovering, the media will explode with this news, and I could understand why they would want to protect Jayme and her family from that. I will just be grateful she is OK. I hope & pray this is the case.

Hope so to, and hope it’s much more than needing just that one tip and pic of a 10 yr old girl that used to be jayme...

Fitzgerald seems to have relationship with 5/6 reporters he plays tit for tat with... almost like tennis at a press conference...

This could be case here... where he finally labels a person they are reviewing but haven’t ruled out... maybe monitoring now... and at press conference Paul Blume asks the set up... fitz says we’re still reviewing that persons life / movements and we will see.

At that point the POI would have anybody he’s ever pissed off calling in... and million eyes on him and maybe he cracks...

I just hope this doesn’t turn into another case of family passing out flyers for 20yrs...

It’s almost like there avoiding specifics ... what the hell would bank records and a camera walk through of the house compromise the investigation.??

Last edited:
Guys... Jayme didn't fall into a well or a pond. Let's get our wits about us. This was suggested as the result of the idea that Jayme escaped, ran through the woods and met this fate. If this was what happened, then they must have used the worst scent dogs EVER. Yeesh.

I have never thought she fell into a body of water. But I have wondered why they didnt search the river before it froze.

Your assessment of three wheelers is very true. I dislocated a shoulder three months ago and I’m waaaay too old for that. My problem is I’m not very smart and I figure anything can kill me, may as well pick something fun. But that’s also why I can’t see an ATV escape at night with an unwilling passenger. The handle bars/brake/kill switch are too easily accessible. For me, that plan is below zip tying her hands/feet and throwing her in wheel barrow and taking the trails. The only way I see an ATV escape as plausible is if she went willingly. That makes the ride at night a lot easier, but I haven’t seen anything to make me think she did.
Unless a side by side such as attached was used. 2 seats and a back you could throw someone into. Used by deer hunters to haul their deer out.
Google Image Result for http://www.smartcarguide.com/listimg/img1_0514/21/img_1358376240_473810842_1-Pictures-of--2004-Yamaha-Rhino-660-4X4-32-miles-Legitimate-As-NewDELIVERED_r.jpg

I grew up in rural wi, and most homes had wells, and it was a pipe, not something you could fall in like baby Jessica. We did have a lot of those fake wells though, looks like the ones with a bucket but instead had flowers inside.[/QUOTE . Back in the day at a family friends farm my brother walked over this old plywood and went straight into a well luckily he lived but not all Wells have covers and pipes

Unless a side by side such as attached was used. 2 seats and a back you could throw someone into. Used by deer hunters to haul their deer out.
Google Image Result for http://www.smartcarguide.com/listimg/img1_0514/21/img_1358376240_473810842_1-Pictures-of--2004-Yamaha-Rhino-660-4X4-32-miles-Legitimate-As-NewDELIVERED_r.jpg

Good point forgot about those. There everywhere... I looked at ATV map and could never figure out how close that was and if u could get there in short distance... essentially walk to side by side...

Those are on a ton of farms... used for everything.. I like side by side better than atv....gun ...2 perps would be easy on side by side...good post

Yep, that is the kind of vehicle I envisioned when I suggested a back yard escape. Thank you, I never see those kinds of vehicles in the city. lol

Yes, but in my opinion of having used ATV’s and SxS’s extensively, a SxS is the worst choice (other than threat of injury is less. For an escape from LE, they are bigger, wider, slower and less manovorable. Also, most people ride the trails on four wheelers, so the ruts reflect that. A SxS is half again as wide, trying to drive fast is a risky proposition. Also, if you do flip it, you cannot flip it back over yourself. The visibility isn’t any better on SxS. I can’t see someone going to this much trouble, and risking everything on a high speed escape at night on ATV trails.

Oh, another benefit of SxS is you maybe get a windshield. Maybe.

Do we know if the male in CO that was being held to be extradited back to Barron has been yet? I still find this SA could play a role in Jayme's disappearance. I don't recall his name but I did look him up a few weeks ago.
Just thinking out loud. JMO MOO IMO and all that.

Hope so to, and hope it’s much more than needing just that one tip and pic of a 10 yr old girl that used to be jayme...

Fitzgerald seems to have relationship with 5/6 reporters he plays tit for tat with... almost like tennis at a press conference...

This could be case here... where he finally labels a person they are reviewing but haven’t ruled out... maybe monitoring now... and at press conference Paul Blume asks the set up... fitz says we’re still reviewing that persons life / movements and we will see.

At that point the POI would have anybody he’s ever pissed off calling in... and million eyes on him and maybe he cracks...

I just hope this doesn’t turn into another case of family passing out flyers for 20yrs...

It’s almost like there avoiding specifics ... what the hell would bank records and a camera walk through of the house compromise the investigation.??

There have pretty much been NO SPECIFICS shared by LE in this case at all. Unless of course you count mysterious nuggets of crazy info that make no sense without further information, ie, entered only 4-5 feet within the house, in & out in 4 minutes, Sheriff Fitz’s surprise that there was no weapon found, look for these 2 cars, wait, never mind, etc.....what could any of that mean to us except twisting us up into knots trying to follow a non-clue into darkness with a blindfold & muzzle on.

Yes, but in my opinion of having used ATV’s and SxS’s extensively, a SxS is the worst choice (other than threat of injury is less. For an escape from LE, they are bigger, wider, slower and less manovorable. Also, most people ride the trails on four wheelers, so the ruts reflect that. A SxS is half again as wide, trying to drive fast is a risky proposition. Also, if you do flip it, you cannot flip it back over yourself. The visibility isn’t any better on SxS. I can’t see someone going to this much trouble, and risking everything on a high speed escape at night on ATV trails.

Oh, another benefit of SxS is you maybe get a windshield. Maybe.
I was suggesting that the point of a backdoor escape and a vehicle of this kind was to avoid LE detection and a high speed chase or any chase at all for that matter. By google maps, they could go quite a distance in any direction and not have to go on a traveled route. Other that being aware of a motor noise, who would know they were there.

I was suggesting that the point of a backdoor escape and a vehicle of this kind was to avoid LE detection and a high speed chase or any chase at all for that matter. By google maps, they could go quite a distance in any direction and not have to go on a traveled route. Other that being aware of a motor noise, who would know they were there.
Yeah, I agree that it is possible. And would be a good escape with a head start, so you didn’t have to make all the noise. And a willing passenger. As long as you stayed out of the farmers crops (they really don’t like that, but probably not an issue in WI. They are still cutting Milo here in Oct though), no one would ever know you were there. But, with the time line we have been given, and no evidence she went willingly, I can’t see it.

If the phone call had not been placed. the perp/perps would have been long gone out the back way, hours of a head start and with no trace on any surveillance cameras. I also noticed that most of the farmer's fields have drive tracks around the edges for tractors etc. The wheel on this kind of vehicle would blend right in and not be discernible from others.

If the phone call had not been placed. the perp/perps would have been long gone out the back way, hours of a head start and with no trace on any surveillance cameras. I also noticed that most of the farmer's fields have drive tracks around the edges for tractors etc. The wheel on this kind of vehicle would blend right in and not be discernible from others.

a lot more likely to back fire than a car too.moo

If u look at atv map that’s all u have to get to them it’s just how far do u wanna go... if u know cabin 15 miles out right off atv trail.. nobody would notice for awhile with kids in school...

I keep thinking there’s reason they know car.. either perp said get in car on 911 or ignition started... outside that.. I wouldn’t rule out side by side

Attachments

• 64566FE8-DBF7-4B4E-B703-7E3F2CFC65F5.jpeg
    64566FE8-DBF7-4B4E-B703-7E3F2CFC65F5.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 23
But the call was made, and he didn’t have a head start that we know of. Which means it was a high speed escape. They were out of earshot in four minutes...how far away can you hear someone riding an atv? Broken ribs and dislocated shoulders become a probability. If they weren’t out of ear shot LE would have heard it. Although they could not be releasing that info as well. Also, a SxS is about five feet wide, so less than a pickup or any farm equipment and would have very different tread patterns from both. However, they are pretty common on farms these days, and only two-three tire tread patterns come as stock on any of them. So, a farmer would probably not know his tracks from the perps.
a lot more likely to back fire than a car too.moo
Troof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members