Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York Times! :cool: (Nothing new here, but still...)

Jayme Closs, Missing After Parents’ Deaths, Is Found Alive in Wisconsin, Authorities Say
Jayme Closs, 13, was found on Thursday evening by police officers from a county north of her home in Barron, Wis., according to a Facebook postfrom the Barron County Sheriff’s Department. Jayme disappeared in October at the same time that her parents were found killed in their home.

Shortly after the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department notified the authorities in Barron, a suspect in the case was taken into custody, according to the post.

The double homicide along with Jayme’s disappearance in October has riveted Barron, a town of just over 3,400, fueling unease among residents who used to feel comfortable leaving their doors unlocked.

Just hopping on, and not caught up yet, but could there be an indirect connection? If Jayme had any access to tv or radio, could she have heard discussion of the earlier report and thought "Hey, they ARE still looking for me!" - possibly in opposition to what her kidnapper was telling her - and that inspired her to attempt to escape?
So very odd that it's reported she's found, than not found, than found. Hmmmm

So very odd that it's reported she's found, than not found, than found. Hmmmm
There was an earlier report that she was found - that one was false. This one's real!

Sheriff: Jayme Closs Found Alive In Wisconsin, Suspect In Arrested
WCCO-TV’s Mary McGuire spoke to Jayme’s aunt Sue on Thursday evening, who said her niece was currently in the hospital.

“There was rumors earlier today, and I prayed and prayed and they come to not be true,” said Jayme’s aunt, Sue. “And I just shut myself totally down. I thought today was going to be the day, and then I find out two hours later that she’s found and I just cannot believe this.”

Last edited:
Jayme is trending #1 on Twitter for the USA. People near and far are rejoicing. JAYME IS ALIVE!!!! (still can’t stop crying happy tears!)

We certainly need our happy tears, about Jayme being alive.
The many horrid cases we hear about, knowing something as wonderful as this just happened is fantastic.
Hope there are so many more happy endings for loved ones everywhere.

I haven’t been on WS in a while. My Mother has been in the ICU for the last week and passed away earlier today. She and my father had a cabin near Barron, WI and shared Jayme’s missing posts several times. I know she felt strongly about finding Jayme. She and my Father spent a lot of time in the Barron area and I’ve posted pictures of us traveling to their cabin and passing the exit to the town.

While I’m overcome with sadness, I am so happy that she was found. That’s something that would make my Mom very happy. Rest In Peace Mommy - blessings to the Closs family and may Jayme find healing and comfort with her loved ones.

I am sorry for the loss of your mother today. Take care of yourself.

Jmo it won’t be easy keeping J’s name “secret”with a double murder trial ahead, at the very least. I know WS usually tries, with minors, but not sure that will work in this case.
No it won’t. It’s impossible.

She all but came back from the dead.

As amazing as the Elizabeth Smart case was, this one is pretty much unparalleled.

Because this crime was unprecedented.

It rarely ends like this.

This is going to dominate headlines for a long time. Books will be written, and countless tv specials will be aired.

Everyone knows her name now.

Douglas County is around 60 miles north of Barron County.

KSTP's Beth McDonough said a source reports a teenage girl is said to have walked up to a woman walking her dog in Douglas County Thursday afternoon, screaming that a man had murdered her parents.

A release from the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said Closs was located in Gordon, Wisconsin at 4:43 p.m., and a suspect was taken into custody at 4:54 p.m., also in Gordon.

Jayme Closs located alive, suspect in custody
I haven’t been on WS in a while. My Mother has been in the ICU for the last week and passed away earlier today. She and my father had a cabin near Barron, WI and shared Jayme’s missing posts several times. I know she felt strongly about finding Jayme. She and my Father spent a lot of time in the Barron area and I’ve posted pictures of us traveling to their cabin and passing the exit to the town.

While I’m overcome with sadness, I am so happy that she was found. That’s something that would make my Mom very happy. Rest In Peace Mommy - blessings to the Closs family and may Jayme find healing and comfort with her loved ones.

So sorry for your loss. I think you're right. Your mom is probably thrilled and would want you to be at peace for her and for Jayme. (Hugs)

He had said that Jayme and the 21 yr old were found together.

So, like I said, I think we have to be very careful because any information flowing right now can be incorrect - including what Paul Blume said.

As the Sheriff says, if it doesn't come from him ...

Both stories coming out could technically be true. She may have ran up to a woman walking her dog asking for help and saying a man murdered her parents AND the 21 year old abductor might have been right behind her at that time or in a nearby building-- hence they would have been found "together" as in they were in the same location. It does not mean Jayme is at all involved or ran off with this 21 year old on her own. I have long held the belief that if she was alive the perp could have been using the murder of her parents as a means of control over Jayme. It's a very effective threat to remind a young teen you just killed her parents and she could be next. She might have been slowly granted more freedom over the weeks as she showed she would obey him and perhaps she finally took an opportunity to run when she saw it. She must have been scared out of her mind for most of this ordeal. MOO.

I agree, however, that we should wait for the Sheriff to speak and go by what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221