GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

The ruling on the request to Judge Heggie on questions from the media is supposed to be made by Thursday, day after tomorrow. I know there are so many questions the media has (and for that matter, people here who follow Thomas Bruce’s case who believe someone doesn’t wake up one day and commit a crime like this in their 50’s). I have followed Abby and Libby, but not as much the I-70 murders. Hopefully, the evidence in the Catholic Supply murder is solid, and investigators have enough evidence to convince the judge to take careful consideration to connect priors.
It does appear that the judge has ruled on the motion, but from the information available on Case.net, I cannot tell what the ruling was. I also haven’t been able to find any MSM reports on it.

B4993302-30B3-4D01-8899-B9348360488C.jpeg

I hate to bother you, @JimmyPerez, but would you happen to have any insight into the matter?

It does appear that the judge has ruled on the motion, but from the information available on Case.net, I cannot tell what the ruling was. I also haven’t been able to find any MSM reports on it.

Never a bother. Order is attached.

Judge denied TB's motion stating no evidence of anything yet that would potentially prejudice TB that could not be handled via normal means of questioning jurors before they are selected to serve on the jury.

Leaves open the option (as he should) to reconsider depending on what public statements/info come out as the case progresses.

Attachments

• TB Order re Pretrial Publicity.pdf
    152.4 KB · Views: 21
Never a bother. Order is attached.

Judge denied TB's motion stating no evidence of anything yet that would potentially prejudice TB that could not be handled via normal means of questioning jurors before they are selected to serve on the jury.

Leaves open the option (as he should) to reconsider depending on what public statements/info come out as the case progresses.
Thank you so much for your help. Much appreciated!

So it is now 2019 and I am wondering if Indiana LE has visited Missouri to check out TB....to see if he could possibly be BG.
Anyone in MO know if that visit has happened?
Rest in peace Abby and Libby.

I don’t think it is publicly known yet. I hope we get some kind of update however limited around the two year anniversary next month.

Business card led to arrest of store attack suspect

Bruce, a 53-year-old married former pastor from Imperial, was arrested two days after the terrifying Nov. 19 attack at a Catholic Supply store in Ballwin, another St. Louis suburb about 20 miles northwest of Imperial. He is jailed without bond on multiple charges, including first-degree murder, sodomy and kidnapping. Calls from The Associated Press to his lawyer, Brice Donnelly, rang unanswered on Thursday.

According to prosecutors, Bruce entered the store posing as a customer before leaving briefly and returning with a handgun, which he used to usher the three women inside into a back room. He ordered them to strip and to perform sexual acts on him. Prosecutors say a 53-year-old customer and mother of three, Jamie Schmidt, refused, so he shot her in the head. Bruce fled after sexually assaulting the other two women and managed to blend in along the busy street outside.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox2no...k-death-penalty-in-catholic-store-attack/amp/

“St. Louis County prosecutor Wesley Bell says he won’t seek the death penalty for a man accused of killing a woman and sexually assaulting two others inside a religious supplies store.

Bell said Friday in a statement to The Associated Press that he will seek life in prison without the possibility of parole for Thomas Bruce.”...

Wow. I don't want to debate the death penalty but wow.

That was my thought.

From another article:
“Bell expressed his opposition to the death penalty while campaigning last year, when he unseated 28-year incumbent Bob McCulloch.

James G’Sell, a deacon at Schmidt’s church speaking on behalf of her family, says Schmidt’s husband supports Bell’s decision.”

(Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox2no...k-death-penalty-in-catholic-store-attack/amp/ )

“St. Louis County prosecutor Wesley Bell says he won’t seek the death penalty for a man accused of killing a woman and sexually assaulting two others inside a religious supplies store.

Bell said Friday in a statement to The Associated Press that he will seek life in prison without the possibility of parole for Thomas Bruce.”...

It's no surprise to locals. Bell ran on never seeking the death penalty as one of his main campaign planks (along with stopping prosecution of low-level non-violent offenses and not requiring cash bail for non-violent offenses). He absolutely crushed the almost 30 year incumbent in the democratic primary (56.4% to 43.5%) and no republican candidate even bothered to run against him in the general election.

It's no surprise to locals. Bell ran on never seeking the death penalty as one of his main campaign planks (along with stopping prosecution of low-level non-violent offenses and not requiring cash bail for non-violent offenses). He absolutely crushed the almost 30 year incumbent in the democratic primary (56.4% to 43.5%) and no republican candidate even bothered to run against him in the general election.

Thanks! That was obviously an important campaign issue, and it’s refreshing to see the walk matching the talk. The fact that Mr. S is onboard, makes it easier for me to accept.

Funny thing, I doubt TB appreciates the fact that a Catholic is giving him a little undeserved grace.

So it appears the modus operandi of this despicable involves a crime of opportunity in broad daylight using impersonation to gain trust. Doesn’t that mirror many of the Delphi theories here? I think this victim owes her life to her cellphone ringing.

From your link:
“The woman told police she was walking from her car to her home near Hillsboro between 4 and 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 27 when she saw a red car drive slowly by. Moments later, Bruce knocked on her door, according to court documents. He claimed he was with AMVETS, a service organization for veterans, and wanted to ask her a few questions and was willing to pay her......

......Once inside, Bruce sexually abused the woman and demanded she perform a sex act, according to the charges. As he dragged her into a bedroom, her house phone rang, according to the charges. The victim told Bruce her husband was calling because he was on his way home. Bruce told her he would kill him when he got home. Then he put the victim in a bedroom and demanded she stay there, according to the court documents. He left, taking her cellphone.”

So it appears the modus operandi of this despicable involves a crime of opportunity in broad daylight using impersonation to gain trust. Doesn’t that mirror many of the Delphi theories here? I think this victim owes her life to her cellphone ringing.

From your link:
“The woman told police she was walking from her car to her home near Hillsboro between 4 and 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 27 when she saw a red car drive slowly by. Moments later, Bruce knocked on her door, according to court documents. He claimed he was with AMVETS, a service organization for veterans, and wanted to ask her a few questions and was willing to pay her......

......Once inside, Bruce sexually abused the woman and demanded she perform a sex act, according to the charges. As he dragged her into a bedroom, her house phone rang, according to the charges. The victim told Bruce her husband was calling because he was on his way home. Bruce told her he would kill him when he got home. Then he put the victim in a bedroom and demanded she stay there, according to the court documents. He left, taking her cellphone.”

I agree, it sounds similar to the Delphi killings. If only “the KnowYourDrive (gps tracker installed by his employer, AFI) could give data putting him in Delphi 2/14/2017.

As for this case, I’m so glad the victim survived and that her husband did not walk into a death trap.

I agree, it sounds similar to the Delphi killings. If only “the KnowYourDrive (gps tracker installed by his employer, AFI) could give data putting him in Delphi 2/14/2017.

As for this case, I’m so glad the victim survived and that her husband did not walk into a death trap.

And hopefully it’s helpful for this victim to know her attacker has been arrested. How unbelievably brazen, that he’d randomly target someone to attack because he saw her innocently walking from her car to her house. The ultimate lowest of low, the opportunist predator imo, and the most difficult for LE to nail down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back