Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read anything to suggest that the suspect is a drug dealer. Maybe we should have a link for this before we have 20 pages discussing drugs.

I probably can confirm that there were drugs at that residence in the last 5 years, per WCCA (court records), however I cannot confirm after the fact. His brother has some drug charges on there.

Just wondering here, but where did everyone get the sexual assault charge on his brother? I can't seem to find it but that interests me since JP had no known record.

I wish we knew that info too, I think there is more than vehicle owned by JP per Sheriff.
But I am really curious to know if either of these vehicles were of the make and model previously reported as of interest. And it might reveal (not directly) how long he was casing their place. It seems if they released this information that people might come forward that they saw it driving by or following the school bus but it could potentially unearth a lot more “tips” and work without the ability to deal with it right now.

I probably can confirm that there were drugs at that residence in the last 5 years, per WCCA (court records), however I cannot confirm after the fact. His brother has some drug charges on there.

Sure, but this is about Jake Patterson. He has no prior convictions and no known history or association with drugs.

I agree. I dislike the fact that the media is trying to humanize him as a normal person. He's NOT normal. He's a sick freak and I hope he gets a violent cellmate or two (sorry, this guy enrages me.)
I tend to think this is important information - as in, the monsters are not always obvious. Mixed in with the normalcy we will likely find the red flags as the case proceeds. JMO

I agree with your cellmate suggestion :)

What you’re all missing out on here is that in the state of Wisconsin a 15 year old girl CANNOT LEGALLY GIVE CONSENT. Whether she willingly had sex with him or not, it was sexual assault because he was an adult and she was a minor. The charges do not mean he physically forced her to do it.

I don't think anyone is missing that point.

I agree. I dislike the fact that the media is trying to humanize him as a normal person. He's NOT normal. He's a sick freak and I hope he gets a violent cellmate or two (sorry, this guy enrages me.)
I agree. And while it happens over and over, I will never sympathize or empathize with someone who takes what he/she wants at the violent expense of another human being.

Amazing news! I followed this case closely. And was so disheartened when day after day, no news. Now I am late hearing of the good news, just saw it pop up on my iPhone. What a miracle that she is home safe. She has been through such a horribly traumatic event, I hope she is surrounded by much love and support as she recovers.

Well said, all that you said. :).

It looks like she's returning at least to warm and welcoming aunts she knows and has been close to, but it's unimaginable how much loss and fear she hasn't been been able to process for the 3 long months she was held.

After LE's press conference I looked up whether or not Wisconsin still has the DP. Nope (Wisconsin was the 1st state to abolish the DP- in 1853!) I imagine convictions on 2 counts of murder, aggravated kidnapping, and false imprisonment will suffice to put him away forever, and given that, agree with Katy2 (post on previous thread), and hope that LE permits Jaymee to keep private anything she wants to remain private, if she so chooses.

I'm proud of Jayme also - as a female I admire her strength and courage to risk saving her own life. I'm proud of her as the mother of a daughter who I pray would do the same if she were in JC's position.

Women are doing it for themselves ‍♀️
I think everyone is proud of her, I don't see why using the word 'proud' is a problem unless you're looking for one.

What you’re all missing out on here is that in the state of Wisconsin a 15 year old girl CANNOT LEGALLY GIVE CONSENT. Whether she willingly had sex with him or not, it was sexual assault because he was an adult and she was a minor. The charges do not mean he physically forced her to do it.

Can we not do this please? He was an adult who had sex with a young minor, and he was charged and convicted of it. We need to stop trivializing and making excuses for men who do this.

IMO we're all trying to find a label (a reason) for JTP's actions. autism, drugs, foster care, incel...we're going in circles without facts.

how about a new label - "limup"??? lonely introverted mentally unstable pervert...it's so much more simple than we can fathom. can't explain many of these crimes and never will...keep the faith, justice will be served and jayme will hopefully heal.

see you folks on the unfortunate next case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa