Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Deputies responded to a residence on Highway 8 east of Barron that was asking for help shortly before 1 a.m. When deputies arrived, they found two deceased adults. Jayme Closs, 13, is considered "missing and endangered." Jayme is described as 5' tall, 100 pounds and has green eyes and blond or strawberry blond hair.

2 dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

Jayme%20Closs_1539605722558.jpg_6224138_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29

Thread #30
Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35

Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

ABSOLUTELY NO MORE OFF TOPIC STORIES! THIS THREAD IS ABOUT JAYME. FEEL FREE TO TAKE YOUR OFF TOPIC STORY TO A PRIVATE CONVERSATION. IF ANYONE POSTS THEIR PERSONAL OFF TOPIC STORY WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC TIMEOUT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone- As this is a very active discussion, please make every effort to stay on-topic, victim friendly, and courteous to your fellow posters. If you are posting information as fact, posting a picture, etc. include a link to your source. If you see a post which violates TOS, report the post and do not respond to it. Thank you and carry on :)

Hey Everyone,

Such great news!!!

The story is coming together about the man who kidnapped Jayme and killed her parents but we still have many missing pieces.

IF SOMEONE COULD PLEASE SUMMARIZE IN A POST WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

I am traveling and won't be able to use my laptop until I reach my destination.

Please remember no sleuthing other family members

Please do not put up maps that show the neighbor' addresses and please do not post anyone's name that isn't connected to the case.

Some posters are getting snarky.

Please take a break if you find yourself getting too angry.

More later

Take care

Tricia

Jmo no. There are so many men who feel entitiled to sex from any women or girls they choose. I doubt anything particular happened to them except for the all too prevalent feelings and expectations that they should have what they want. An attitude that gets worse with each generation IN MY OPINION.

This is different.

This is far more extreme than someone’s feelings and expectations.

This guy was willing to kill for what he wanted.

The killing may have been part of the fantasy, or it may have been a means to an end. We just don’t know.

But the psychology here is different from some guy who takes advanage of a woman, and commits sexual assault or rape.

This is psychologically deeper and more profound.

This is something that a serial killer does.

Fortunately, he’ll never meet that definition.

This is bad enough.

Curious... It’s been mentioned WI does not have the death penalty. What could the DA offer JTP to get him to accept a plea deal? For Jayme’s sake, I’d love to see a deal reached.
Just life without parole. He’s not going to offer anything less, unless he enjoys lynch mobs.

This guy might bite, as he might not want all the horrors he subjected Jayme to, revealed in court.

I sure hope he pleads.

Amazing news! I followed this case closely. And was so disheartened when day after day, no news. Now I am late hearing of the good news, just saw it pop up on my iPhone. What a miracle that she is home safe. She has been through such a horribly traumatic event, I hope she is surrounded by much love and support as she recovers.

Just life without parole. He’s not going to offer anything less, unless he enjoys lynch mobs.

This guy might bite, as he might not want all the horrors he subjected Jayme to, revealed in court.

I sure hope he pleads.

I hope you’re right. I do worry this guy could get off reliving his time with JC in court. JMO

Curious... It’s been mentioned WI does not have the death penalty. What could the DA offer JTP to get him to accept a plea deal? For Jayme’s sake, I’d love to see a deal reached.
I don't know unless they find out he is involved in other unsolved murders it missing children. Maybe he will confess and no trial will be required. Does anyone know the sentence for kidnapping?

@Seeking Jana, OT (sort of)
I was too late to post on last thread. I believe abuse/neglect of a child is at the core of becoming a psychopath. The following points you made could also describe an abused child who might grown up to be a psychopath:

they have huge internal black holes where love and caring for others should be. SOULLESS.

Children and adults with true ASPD lack empathy or other true emotions. They " mimic" what they see other children or adults doing. The usual classic first signs of a budding ASPD child are the following:
1) Bedwetting on a nightly or near- nightly basis far past the age of usual toilet training in the absence of any bladder or other physical factor.
2) Fecal soiling past age 5 on a chronic basis in the absence of a GI illness.
3) Torture of helpless persons or animals. Usually, this refers to harming young babies, killing small animals who are usually baby animals.
4) Starting fires regardless to the likely harm to any person, property or animals.
5) Petty crimes such as theft when the child has the money to buy the item.
6) Lack of feeling for others ( empathy or sympathy). This is the major one, and the one which causes violent tendencies to form.

Last edited:
WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/20190111_235426-jpg.163788/

Thank you very much indeed for clearing this up. That link (I’ve copied it over) actually makes much more sense and is quite clear: so media only read part of the documents and jumped to an erroneous conclusion. And I followed like a sheep :(.

Apologies for perpetuating the confusion.

So, to repeat/conclude: Patterson father did NOT give the house back to the bank. He paid off the mortgage.

Now I REALLY AM calling it a night!

The twincities.com site (Pioneer Press looks to be MSM) has a lot of info and interviews for those catching up. A lot of food for thought.

I was happy to hear the bridges are lighted up green to celebrate Jayme's return. I hope she is fast asleep holding doggo Molly right now.

Life without parole is the worst, and the best, imo, I mean what can LE do? His crimes = life without parole. LE cannot offer him anything less so how is that an offer at all? Or maybe a chance of parole after fifty years?

Anyway things change and this is why it is important he is charged with all the crimes he comitted. There should be no risk of any early release, an escape or a pardon.

I was especially interested in the DOJ School Safety programs, etc, all the business with the ISD as relayed in this morning’s PC.

Going to look for some links on that, if already posted please let me know.

eta:

https://www.doj.state.wi.us/office-school-safety/office-school-safety

“Office of School Safety

SUBMITTING INFORMATION REQUIRED BY ACT 143

November 30, 2018

2017 Wisconsin Act 143 requires public and private schools to submit required information to the Office of School Safety.”

—-

Is there a transcription of the 4pm conference? Tia. Checking media thread now:
WI - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

—-

ETA: Link to school safety resources / DOJ:

https://www.doj.state.wi.us/office-school-safety/school-safety-resources

Last edited:

I’m not saying I’d really approve of this because I want him charged with all of his crimes... but he could offer not to bring sexual abuse/assault charges so the guy won’t be labeled a sex offender while he spends eternity rotting in prison. I’m not an expert but that might matter to his personal safety.

Imo.

Not sure what you’re referring to but crosslinking quote:

After Wisconsin girl’s safe return, question is: Why?

[...]

“She said that this person’s name was Jake Patterson, ‘he killed my parents and took me,'” said another neighbor, Kristin Kasinskas. “She did not talk about why or how. She said she did not know him.”

The sheriff said investigators are trying to figure out what happened to Jayme during her captivity and why she was seized, and gave no details on how she escaped except to say Patterson was not home at the time. He said there is no evidence Patterson knew Jayme or her family or had been in contact with her on social media.

“I know all of you are searching for the answer why any of this happened,” Fitzgerald said. “Believe me, so are we.”

[...]

Patterson took such measures as shaving his head beforehand to avoid leaving evidence at the scene, the sheriff said. A shotgun was recovered from the home where Jayme was believed held, according to Fitzgerald.

[...]

He had no criminal record, according to the sheriff. He graduated in 2015 from Northwood High School, where he was on the quiz bowl team and was a good student with a “great group of friends,” said District Superintendent Jean Serum.

Kasinskas said she taught Patterson science in middle school, but added: “I don’t really remember a ton about him.”

“He seemed like a quiet kid,” she said. “I don’t recall anything that would have explained this, by any means.”

[...]

(Ninja trick haha jk)

—-

Thank you @BlinkOfAnI

Sheriff addresses public in second news conference after Jayme found alive

Sheriff addresses public in second news conference after Jayme found alive
Jayme Closs 1-11-19 Press Conference (4PM)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member