Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If bio mom knew I’m confused why they even brought attention to this by making the fake kidnaping. Would anyone have even noticed baby king missing? :( They could have just buried him and went on their merry ways.

Good point. Who would be asking and wanting to know the baby's whereabouts or see him to check on his condition?

We've heard that five children were removed from grandma Beatrice's home a year ago. Is it possible that CPS (or whatever their name is in TX) might have wanted to check on King Jay?

I think they believed it was better to report him kidnapped soon after he died. If they didn’t report it and his body was eventually found it would be harder to explain a long deceased child. By creating the kidnapping hoax they thought they wouldn’t b blamed when his body as found.
I hope that makes sense.

ETA: they also probably have some extended family that doesn’t live there, who actually might miss this sweet boy.

Death of missing baby in San Antonio carries troubling signs

[...]

It’s become such a common story in child abuse or neglect cases — perpetrators blaming a child’s injury or death on a fall or accident — that child welfare experts have almost come to expect it, some said. They often regard such claims with skepticism, especially when it comes to very young children.

“There’s a saying, particularly with babies that goes, ‘If you can’t cruise, you can’t bruise,’” said Randy McGibeny, chief program officer at ChildSafe, a nonprofit that assists law enforcement and other authorities in child abuse cases. “Meaning, if they’re not ambulatory — if they can’t walk around — it’s highly unlikely they caused their bruising. Someone put that bruise on their body.”

[...]

It’s common for child abuse perpetrators to try and hide their tracks, but few go to the lengths Davila and his family members evidently did in dreaming up a cover story, McGibney said.

Perpetrators might “keep their kids out of public school, they’ll homeschool, to keep their abuse out of the public eye, so it won’t be detected,” he said. Many times, child abuse goes on for years, until someone notices a bruise or a mark and reports it, or the child makes an outcry.

“But you rarely see people go to this extent,” he said, referring to the Davila case.

[...]

Besides being charged with serious bodily injury to a child, tampering with evidence and felony possession of a firearm, Davila was also charged with possession of illegal drugs — methamphetamine — at the time of his arrest.

A state study found that when a child dies from abuse or neglect in Texas, half the time the parent or caregiver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and often more than one drug.

About 52 percent of such fatalities in 2017 — 90 out of 172 — involved caregivers who were actively using a substance that impaired their ability to care for the child, according to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

The numbers were even more dire in Bexar County: Of the eight deaths in 2017 that were related to child abuse or neglect, five involved caregivers who either admitted to or tested positive for alcohol, marijuana, cocaine or heroin, and sometimes a combination of all.

[...]

I was a young mom. Much younger then these “parents” when my son was 3ish I was 20. He had a broom and it hit the ceiling light fixture and came crashing down on him. Glass all over. Blood on his head and face. We rushed to hospital which was literally a 2 minute drive. I didn’t once think I would be in trouble. Didn’t cross my mind. I wanted my son looked at and helped. My only focus. I wasn’t questioned by anyone other then what had happened.
My son is now 23.
I don’t ever buy the accident story. I don’t feel as humans we cover up accidents. I know they could have had illegal stuff going on but if Cps was already involved this wasn’t an accident. He possibly could have been unattended to I suppose. I don’t know what I think. Blah.

I was a young mom. Much younger then these “parents” when my son was 3ish I was 20. He had a broom and it hit the ceiling light fixture and came crashing down on him. Glass all over. Blood on his head and face. We rushed to hospital which was literally a 2 minute drive. I didn’t once think I would be in trouble. Didn’t cross my mind. I wanted my son looked at and helped. My only focus. I wasn’t questioned by anyone other then what had happened.
My son is now 23.
I don’t ever buy the accident story. I don’t feel as humans we cover up accidents. I know they could have had illegal stuff going on but if Cps was already involved this wasn’t an accident. He possibly could have been unattended to I suppose. I don’t know what I think. Blah.

Totally agree. I've been questioned by a social worker in the ER because of an accident one of my kids had that was not typical, but never once did I consider NOT taking them to the hospital!

My cousin's toddler son had an undiagnosed bone disease and fractured his femur jumping off the swing-set. Spent time in traction and when he came home the dad laid him on the couch while he unloaded all the junk from the hospital. Kiddo rolled off the couch and fractured the other femur. Literally within an hour of discharge from the hospital stay. CPS was up in their collective grills for weeks until the tests came back confirming the disease. Like posters above, NEVER did it cross their minds to not rush said kid right straight back to the hospital.

If bio mom knew I’m confused why they even brought attention to this by making the fake kidnaping. Would anyone have even noticed baby king missing? :( They could have just buried him and went on their merry ways.

Good point. Who would be asking and wanting to know the baby's whereabouts or see him to check on his condition?

We've heard that five children were removed from grandma Beatrice's home a year ago. Is it possible that CPS (or whatever their name is in TX) might have wanted to check on King Jay?

Treading carefully here, because King Jay’s mother has not yet been named as a POI (but LE DID say during press conference(s) that her involvement in/knowledge of the shenanigans is still under investigation).

The fact that we now know CD initially lied to LE about King Jay being at grandparents’ home since NYE, but BEFORE that was released to the press/public KJ’s “mother” told the same story to a journalist - and stumbled over it - is VERY TELLING to me. Especially given the timing: while she was telling that to the media, CD was confessing and leading LE to the body.

However, I’m of the mind at the moment that we are - eventually - going to hear more about CPS involvement (or lack of) with her/King Jay.

As far as I can determine through MSM reports, both she and CD each had several children only one of whom was in her/their custody (for whatever reason). That one child is now dead at the hands of CD.

Add in that another family member’s 5 children were removed by CPS from grandparents’ home recently.

Seems to me as if far too many protagonists and bit-part players in this tragedy had an awful lot of children removed/living apart from their parents.

JMO.

My son is now 23.

I think that accidents do happen, and normal people run their kids to the ER. They don't fear getting into trouble.

Who hasn't had an almost near accident as a new parent? I had my baby in a high chair, took the tray off, and she face planted on the kitchen floor. Whoops! She was okay.

I wouldn't have had to "remember" what happened, what day it was, where I was, or what time it was, even now, 30 years later, that was so traumatic for me, I can tell you exactly everything about that moment in time.

1. Open field by a bridge, 1/4 mile from Castlebrook property (CD’s home),

2. CD, but he says it was an accident (yeah, all the eye rolls) disposal aided and abetted by his mother & cousin (the one who “stole” the car).

3. We don’t know yet. Autopsy today.

@margarita25

Thank you, wow, quite surprised at this method of disposal, so close to the home and field/bridge, classic Sherin and Lucas after all, I was expecting something more elaborate considering the lengths they took to stage the kidnapping, etc.

—-

ETA:
I’ve got - lot to catch up on here, was he found during a search or did someone crack and spill the beans as to his location?

Thinking about this, how stupid, 1/4 mile, anyone knows a standard canvass would include a 1 to 2 mile radius? I’ll shut up and read.

Last edited:
Thank you, wow, quite surprised at this method of disposal, so close to the home and field/bridge, classic Sherin and Lucas after all, I was expecting something more elaborate considering the lengths they took to stage the kidnapping, etc.

—-

ETA:
I’ve got - lot to catch up on here, was he found during a search or did someone crack and spill the beans as to his location?

Thinking about this, how stupid, 1/4 mile, anyone knows a standard canvass would include a 1 to 2 mile radius? I’ll shut up and read.

They said CD finally cracked and admitted what happened and where he'd buried King Jay.

I'm glad he did reveal the location. There are parents out there who never tell, which is disgusting to not even allow a proper funeral and respectful burial/cremation for their child who died at their hands.

I think number 5 would apply as well.

“5. There is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public that could assist in locating the child, suspect, or vehicle used in the abduction.”
Does the child have to be alive? In the first few minutes should LE assume the kid is alive? This case is tragic. They were able to get answers out of the father and find the body. Sometimes that doesn't happen. If that had been the case not everyone involves a relative to fake an abduction or the million other red flags he did, an alert that a kid is missing could if not save a kid get justice for them. Especially, when it is parents and relatives that are the threat. LE did a good job on this case.

They are involved by being enablers, surely they knew the lifestyle going on here!
So are you saying that if a parent KNOWS their children are doing things they shouldn’t be doing - that they should not ENABLE their children by keeping their grandchildren out of that lifestyle and it’s possible dangers? I don’t consider that enabling. I consider that loving your grandchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member