CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #29 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking since the Christopher Watts/Shannan Watts situation, so not long at all. However, I had to join to comment on something that I did not see mentioned about that second interview. I watched it from the link about a page ago and at the very end the reporter mentions TWO wrongful death suits against PF and states that one of them is set for a jury trial next month. I remember CB filing one suit, but that is all I have heard. Even if there were two, there is no way that it would be set for trial already, especially a jury, if it has not even been a month since he was charged. Anyone have any information about this?

As you are a newbie, you may not realize that there is a media thread for this casethat you can go to and look back at with just media and without discussion. I find it very helpful to * subscribe* to Media threads so you get notified when there are updates also.. It is at this link.

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Not everything. In the Watts case, they knew he had deleted texts, but weren’t able to recover them.

They had to use Shanann’s phone to fill in the gaps.
Actually, they could once they had a warrant to do so. Takes a long time though. Nichole was their help in that they used her phone. Nailed him right away.

They might still be waiting on phone records for both he and KK. Like I said, it takes time.

Well either the Sonic is the best Sonic food EVER or there's more to her involvement.

IMO, the phone was an afterthought. I mean, who doesn't distance themselves from their sole involvement in a crime? No one. If that was the PURPOSE of going to Colorado, wouldn't a person capable of critical thought send those texts from an location other than his/her neck of the woods? Like stop along the way home and send the messages and leave the phone at a park? Maybe in Wyoming, for example? Or drive from your house to an area clearly not your own before powering up the phone and sending the messages. If she drove that far to get the phone, she'd drive a shorter distance to cause people to think Kelsey's in Nevada or Utah (both close to KK's area)--which leads me to believe the phone just wasn't a well-thought out part of the plan and not something KK associated with being her biggest implication in this event. It was just extra.

But maybe, Woodland Park has the best Sonic in the world and it was a case of wrong place, right time.

I’ve also wondered if PF and KK thought the disappearance would never be big news beyond the local area. Things would blow over eventually and no one would have connected the dots with KK up in Idaho. PF may have thought he’d be under scrutiny for awhile, but, like many have said here, they thought no body=never being convicted for a crime. And I don’t think KP will ever be found, most unfortunately. MOO.

Not everything. In the Watts case, they knew he had deleted texts, but weren’t able to recover them.

NK also deleted things from her phone, but they were able to recover her search history.
I wonder why some deleted texts were recovered, but not others?

I’ve also wondered if PF and KK thought the disappearance would never be big news beyond the local area. Things would blow over eventually and no one would have connected the dots with KK up in Idaho. PF may have thought he’d be under scrutiny for awhile, but, like many have said here, they thought no body=never being convicted for a crime. And I don’t think KP will ever be found, most unfortunately. MOO.
It’s entirely possible that they thought this crime would fly under the radar.

Boy were they ever wrong.

Is it not interesting that his phone is missing as we know that because his customers said he had a new phone.

And now we find out that kk's phone is missing and that she got a new phone.

So we have three phones missing!

So they think that law enforcement cannot get to text messages Etc without the phones I guess.

ETA, down thread I was corrected that his phone was turned over to law enforcement early on. And that is why he had a new phone. It still begs the question why in the interview that they learned on November 27th that she had a new phone number as supposedly she had not talked to law enforcement.
As to the last question, it sounded to me like the woman (Pat?) was trying to say that since she had a new phone number, she assumed she had already talked to LE. She thought that KK was afraid of PF, as he had threatened her, and LE would want her phone as evidence of her conversations with him so maybe that's why she thought that KK had already spoken to LE. Jmo

Well either the Sonic is the best Sonic food EVER or there's more to her involvement.

IMO, the phone was an afterthought. I mean, who doesn't distance themselves from their sole involvement in a crime? No one. If that was the PURPOSE of going to Colorado, wouldn't a person capable of critical thought send those texts from an location other than his/her neck of the woods? Like stop along the way home and send the messages and leave the phone at a park? Maybe in Wyoming, for example? Or drive from your house to an area clearly not your own before powering up the phone and sending the messages. If she drove that far to get the phone, she'd drive a shorter distance to cause people to think Kelsey's in Nevada or Utah (both close to KK's area)--which leads me to believe the phone just wasn't a well-thought out part of the plan and not something KK associated with being her biggest implication in this event. It was just extra.

But maybe, Woodland Park has the best Sonic in the world and it was a case of wrong place, right time.

Like I said, a Rodeo Queen gets to a lot of thinking on an 11-hour drive.

I wonder why some deleted texts were recovered, but not others?

NK also deleted things from her phone, but they were able to recover her search history.
MassGuy,
I think once he confessed to all the murders they no longer needed all the texts. It was no longer an issue.

Its like we have a woman, a cowboy & a baby, living fairly normal lives. Good days & bad days. Both adults busy with their professions, sharing baby K, maybe planning a future. It was a “young” relationship & by all appearances, fast moving. No DV reports, no prior criminal records, just normal people.
I see another woman looking in, seething with jealousy over P’s new love. A woman that hoped to be in KB’s position. Now, she knows she never will. She can’t control her hatred & obsesses for much longer than 3 months. The three month time frame is when something made her decide for certain murder was the only remedy. Maybe she was told to “move on”, back in September. Perhaps P/KB/baby attended a rodeo Labor Day weekend & the other woman observed the family of 3, laughing, showing baby K the horses, rodeo clowns & other attractions & realized “they are in love”. I think P would have been more than proud to show off baby K & KB at the end of the season rodeo.
As far as insinuations KB had “problems”, frankly, I can see the scorned woman spreading that rumor. Perhaps she is the one with “problems”. We don’t know.
Jmo, hypothetical and all that Jazz

Isn’t that what CW likely thought? Do these murderers ever think things through?

Its like we have a woman, a cowboy & a baby, living fairly normal lives. Good days & bad days. Both adults busy with their professions, sharing baby K, maybe planning a future. It was a “young” relationship & by all appearances, fast moving. No DV reports, no prior criminal records, just normal people.
I see another woman looking in, seething with jealousy over P’s new love. A woman that hoped to be in KB’s position. Now, she knows she never will. She can’t control her hatred & obsesses for much longer than 3 months. The three month time frame is when something made her decide for certain murder was the only remedy. Maybe she was told to “move on”, back in September. Perhaps P/KB/baby attended a rodeo Labor Day weekend & the other woman observed the family of 3, laughing, showing baby K the horses, rodeo clowns & other attractions & realized “they are in love”. I think P would have been more than proud to show off baby K & KB at the end of the season rodeo.
As far as insinuations KB had “problems”, frankly, I can see the scorned woman spreading that rumor. Perhaps she is the one with “problems”. We don’t know.
Jmo, hypothetical and all that Jazz

Trudie- I'll send you the Costco Mac & Cheese vat. Sounds like you need one, too

As to the last question, it sounded to me like the woman (Pat?) was trying to say that since she had a new phone number, she assumed she had already talked to LE. She thought that KK was afraid of PF, as he had threatened her, and LE would want her phone as evidence of her conversations with him so maybe that's why she thought that KK had already spoken to LE. Jmo

If KK has texts from PF on her NEW phone number, she couldn't be very afraid of him at all. Did she get a new phone or a just a new number? Do we know?

I’ve never committed or entertained murder.
If I planned one, the best way for me to deflect attention or set someone up is for me to tell my bestie, months prior, “my cowboy asked me to kill someone”, If I proceed with my plans, BINGO. “Trudie told me months ago Cowboy asked her.......”
The fact KK involved herself at all, speaks volumes, imo.
PF did not need her. He had all year long to kill KB.
There’s ways he could have & made it look like an accident & stood a chance at getting off.
We’ve all watched the crime shows, woman falls off cliff during photo shoot, woman falls off horse, woman drowns,
Woman runs off the road, etc.
IMO, if he needed help, he’d have no trouble finding a male friend. Lol, men I know live by the adage “never tell a woman”.
Idk. We have little info & we’re very limited to what we can discuss.
Also, the appearance of so much girl talk before & after makes me think someone in Idaho is shakin in her boots.
Scared to death.
I also think if charges are brought against KK, they will
be HUGE.
ITA. PF worked with stallions and steers, the kind with a sign on the pen, stall or pasture: Do Not Approach. I have seen these animals that only skilled, adult men can manage. It would be so easy to kill petite KB and the put her in with one of those animals. Call 911, accidental trampling, I told her not to go there but she loved animals.

KB's mother contacted LE on November 25th. I have heard that at that time they conducted a welfare check but because of the text messages KB reportedly sent, LE did not report her as a missing person until Dec 2. This could make sense of the the R's statement. And what is up with LE not taking this seriously until a week later?
Phone of missing Colorado mother pinged in Idaho | East Idaho News

Didn’t know if I could post 11/25 info.
Surely she spoke with P or ma F?

At this moment I feel that anything is possible. I’m still laughing about Occam being in a bar drinking margaritas or scotch. That made things feel a little lighter.
I am still thinking PF is the culprit here and she is one of his accomplices, or maybe the only one.
PF has never opened his mouth. This makes me believe he did have an accomplice and is as afraid of opening his mouth as she or he is. I just don’t know why. Someone is very afraid right now.
PF really has nothing to lose by staying quiet because if he is convicted he will go away for life. But I would think most people would be trying to make a deal and spare their families.
I definitely believe women are just as mean as men. In this case I just think began with PF. I am sure LE has solid evidence on him or he wouldn’t be sitting in a cell.

We know that lawyers always tell their clients to keep their mouths shut and he appears to have heeded that crucial advice. While I think he's a party to this crime, even if not, he should shut up. It's up to the state to prove their accusations. That seems like law 101, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Can't Touch Tish