Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue... with this guy could be anything.
I did see home is kinda big / 5 bedroom with detached garage....

If it’s enclave spaced out of 20 homes and half summer homes it’s almost logical she wasn’t found. He had to be doing something... didn’t know meth was more expensive than cocaine, but everyone in Barron does, who knew..

Think about the other brother, he’s in Colorado working at subway, you think he’s floating boat for jake and not Erik?? That family must have had large incidents before divorce and nobody patched it back together
It had been speculated earlier that he supported himself by dealing drugs, plus supposedly people in and out all the time. That got my mind wandering. As I understand it, people who cook that stuff don't use it, thus why he doesn't look like a meth head. Then there's the fact that his own neighbors didn't even know anybody lived there. The perfect place to cook. Of course, there's nothing pointing this way yet, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

'We're running on Jayme's time' -- Investigators working through...
As Jayme Closs spends the weekend with family, investigators in Northwestern Wisconsin are working to learn more about how and why a man allegedly killed the 13-year-old's parents and held her captive for nearly three months.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald gave an update Saturday, calling the case still "very active."

Fitzgerald said that amid pressure to find out what happened, investigators are letting Jayme decide when she wants to talk. The girl was reunited with family members on Friday.

"We're running on Jayme's time right now," he said. "And so Jayme gets to set the pace of what we do, how we interact, when she wants to do, what she wants to do — and we'll make sure that that happens."

"We did a neighborhood canvass, and there were other houses around where Jayme was. So we're determining, did he even let her go outside? Things like that are things we're looking at."

This guy seems (IMO) to have been unemployed for quite some time. He could have basically made a full time job out of stalking young girls. And once he found Jayme, stalking her in particular.

To me, the fact that he worked in Barron for that one day is significant because why did he get a job there in the first place? Maybe he has a friend in Barron who he planned to live with at the time and continued to visit after that didn’t work out, when he came across Jayme somewhere.

My other question is if JP’s dad was struggling to keep up on the payments of the cabin, why didn’t he just sell it instead of leaving it for his loser sons to live in? I find that extremely odd...

MOO

So thankful she got away! Cannot imagine. Just a few thoughts FWIW! I have a small isolated cabin. Just one straight road in. It could be very hard to track your neighbors comings and goings, it is hard on a remote road when you have longer driveways. Unless you run like heck to get to a spot with a visual, a visual that constantly changes when you are gone for weeks or months at a time, you have difficulty tracking vehicles, even on a dead end road. If you live on a circle road, well, you can enter or exit either way. Plus, there were different vehicles parked at that cabin, if in working order, it may seem like different people coming and going. Also, playing loud music maybe a control thing, like saying people are coming, like saying he is leaving for hours. Straight up liar, manipulator IMO. Also IMO killing her parents was isolating her, just like putting her in that remote place. I am so glad that she ran!

'We're running on Jayme's time' -- Investigators working through...
As Jayme Closs spends the weekend with family, investigators in Northwestern Wisconsin are working to learn more about how and why a man allegedly killed the 13-year-old's parents and held her captive for nearly three months.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald gave an update Saturday, calling the case still "very active."

Fitzgerald said that amid pressure to find out what happened, investigators are letting Jayme decide when she wants to talk. The girl was reunited with family members on Friday.

"We're running on Jayme's time right now," he said. "And so Jayme gets to set the pace of what we do, how we interact, when she wants to do, what she wants to do — and we'll make sure that that happens."

"We did a neighborhood canvass, and there were other houses around where Jayme was. So we're determining, did he even let her go outside? Things like that are things we're looking at."
Such a great idea. They’ve got him in custody, and he isn’t going anywhere.

Let her take her time.

Hey, just checking in real quick. Missed a lot today I have been busy. I don't know if this is allowed but I'll ask and delete if you have to but is there anyone missing from our daily conversations. just wondering if jtp could have been with us the whole time. I'll check answers in the morning gotta get back to a party.

I think moving toward a new normal is wise words.

The "let go" part? Ugh. As someone who has worked in victim advocacy I seriously shudder at that and think it's horrible advice. Most people who suffer trauma would do anything to "let go" of the horror their minds re-visit upon them. :(
I think she was meaning, to let go of the idea of life ever being like it was before. That she needs to embrace a new normal. With Jayme’s parents being gone she can’t even entertain that thought. I know what you’re saying though. To tell someone with any kind of issue, big or small, to let it go, (the issue) isn’t helpful. It’s better to learn coping mechanisms, right?

Side thought: I don’t know if this is right or wrong, or good or bad, but I read recently that talk therapy only deepens or creates new connections in the brain regarding a trauma.

Last edited:
You know, I wonder if he ever really had friends over while he held Jayme in captivity. I'm wondering if he told her that and turned up the music so that she would think he was popular and like him. jmo

This guy seems (IMO) to have been unemployed for quite some time. He could have basically made a full time job out of stalking young girls. And once he found Jayme, stalking her in particular.

To me, the fact that he worked in Barron for that one day is significant because why did he get a job there in the first place? Maybe he has a friend in Barron who he planned to live with at the time and continued to visit after that didn’t work out, when he came across Jayme somewhere.

My other question is if JP’s dad was struggling to keep up on the payments of the cabin, why didn’t he just sell it instead of leaving it for his loser sons to live in? I find that extremely odd...

MOO
Not being able to hold a job when you are an able-bodied young adult to me is significant! Red flag, red flag! Not only a problem with authority, but a lack of concern for your family, no guilt for not hauling your own weight, for not aiding your family, no concern for the time and money that it takes to hire and train you. Huge disconnect with reality and concern for others.

Hey, just checking in real quick. Missed a lot today I have been busy. I don't know if this is allowed but I'll ask and delete if you have to but is there anyone missing from our daily conversations. just wondering if jtp could have been with us the whole time. I'll check answers in the morning gotta get back to a party.
There is someone who comes to mind. :O However, fyi, talking about fellow websleuthers is against TOS.

It had been speculated earlier that he supported himself by dealing drugs, plus supposedly people in and out all the time. That got my mind wandering. As I understand it, people who cook that stuff don't use it, thus why he doesn't look like a meth head. Then there's the fact that his own neighbors didn't even know anybody lived there. The perfect place to cook. Of course, there's nothing pointing this way yet, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Drug (THC) distribution was an offense his brother was charged with. So I guess it's possible. I think Jayme would know that and could pass it on to LE.

enabling guilt.

MOO

For someone who didn't complete boot camp, leaves jobs after one day working, doesn't seem to keep up with social ties....he managed to pull off a major crime without detection and hid a child for months.

So strange....where did he get the "gumption" so suddenly be competent and stick with a plan? The only thing I can think of is, indeed, obsession.

jmo

It’s what he wanted to do and he was in charge unlike school, work, or the military.

I will bet anything that he thinks he is superior and smarter than most everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox