Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t have any social media.

The “social” part, ain’t him.

I’d bet that he is a gamer though.
Exactly! I was discussing him with today when someone blurted..."bet he's a gamer!"
Of course most gamers are fine people, but loners and off people sometimes get into gaming too.

They are searching his devices. I’m sure they’ll find a lot of stuff that will shed some light on this.

I’m also willing to bet that they’ll find some stuff that they wish they didn’t.

Or atleast wish they could unsee.

We’re dealing with a pretty disturbed guy here.
Again agree. Again I will say there are so many elements in this crime we don't typically see.

My feeling is that he didn’t go to those lengths, but there definitely was a degree of planning here.

The crime was so violent and brazen, that I see a level of disorganization there.

He’s lucky he didn’t get caught.

He probably thinks he’s smart, but they all do.

It’s possible that Jayme was able to pull the wool over his eyes, but that’s a level of sophistication that is more common in people who are older than her.

She still nailed his *advertiser censored* though.
Yes she did!!!!!!!!

They are searching his devices. I’m sure they’ll find a lot of stuff that will shed some light on this.

I’m also willing to bet that they’ll find some stuff that they wish they didn’t.

Or atleast wish they could unsee.

We’re dealing with a pretty disturbed guy here.
I think they will be finding child *advertiser censored* on his stuff. I also don't think this is his first crime with a minor for you know what. It's just this time he wanted to keep her. kwim?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t have any social media.

The “social” part, ain’t him.

I’d bet that he is a gamer though.

YES. I wonder if she played any games online?

I remember my son used to play against other players on his Playstation....and sometimes he'd laugh and show me weirdo's asking him 'how old r u? where do u go to school?' He'd show me because he liked to see me freak out. lol But he was too smart to answer any of those creepers.

But it does make me wonder if she came across JP online , playing any games, and talking on the chat. I hope LE would check if she had PlayStation or any other game system etc or played on a computer...

I think they will be finding child *advertiser censored* on his stuff. I also don't think this is his first crime with a minor for you know what. It's just this time he wanted to keep her. kwim?
I'll bet they find all kinds of stuff in that house, especially considering he had zero warning and time to get rid of anything. There'a probably enough in that house to put him away even without the murder and kidnapping charges.

YES. I wonder if she played any games online?

I remember my son used to play against other players on his Playstation....and sometimes he'd laugh and show me weirdo's asking him 'how old r u? where do u go to school?' He'd show me because he liked to see me freak out. lol But he was too smart to answer any of those creepers.

But it does make me wonder if she came across JP online , playing any games, and talking on the chat. I hope LE would check if she had PlayStation or any other game system etc or played on a computer...
I’m sure they did. My guess would be that if she even had a system, she’d be playing different games from him.

He’s probably into “Call of Duty.”

Last edited:
I'm glad that they're hiding the specifics of what happened. She'll be having to go back to school and socialize with her town again, and small towns already know enough about each other. I hope she'll be able to make true friendships again afterwards, since I'm sure other kids will act differently around her.
JMO, I'm just worried about how she will find her way to a "new normal" again when going back to a small town vs a large city (ES in SLC for example).

I’m sure they did. My guess would be that if she even had a system, she’d be playing different games from him.

Unless your trolling for young girls and hit the jackpot finding out she lives within driving distance??? Then he watches and learns the household routines??? Realizes the only way he can get to Jayme is eliminating her Parents? Food for thought.​

If you provide a link and quote from it then there will at least be a record of it. You can also take screen shots.

I’d caution a little bit against the idea that things are often changed or removed. Does it happen? Sure. But also keep in mind that your memory isn’t infallible - sometimes people just remember things incorrectly, especially when a case takes 3 months to solve.
I feel like the sheriff wanted to keep most of the details of the crime scene close to the vest. I believe that info was probably retracted, by request perhaps. It caused a lot of confusion in the discussion but boy does it make sense now that we know the front door was shot in not kicked in.

But what if he was trolling for young girls? I know that girls her age play things like that karaoke group app, and that 'tell me a secret' type thing. My daughter told me that she was hanging out with her friends 10 yr old sister, who was playing on some 'my music' game app, where total strangers were able to come on and speak to this 10 yr old about her 'music'. Freaked my daughter out. I will have to ask her the name of that app again. She said it was A total Freak Magnet and seemed dangerous.

Unless your trolling for young girls and hit the jackpot finding out she lives within driving distance??? Then he watches and learns the household routines??? Realizes the only way he can get to Jayme is eliminating her Parents? Food for thought.​

Great minds think alike. I think our first sentences were word for word the same. lol

I'll bet they find all kinds of stuff in that house, especially considering he had zero warning and time to get rid of anything. There'a probably enough in that house to put him away even without they the murder and kidnapping charges.

Guns / laptop / phone / all unscrubbed.. yikes. If he used drone to keep tabs on jayme .. they likely have that...

Would like to know what father did for living..why property change 8 days after kidnapping can’t be just coincidence...

Agreed. I know lots of girls my age (13-18) in my area add their school, graduation year, and full name in their profiles on Insta or possibly Facebook, so those are the only places JTP could focus in on a teenager in his area. Take one look at the gaming community and everyone has unrelated usernames + is well versed on how to manage creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa