TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy had left Rachel their car to go shopping and rode to work with her Dad.
As for were they able to sleep that night. He was up all night waiting by the phone for his wife to call.
As for DH, according to her words on here (ws) she and her brother stayed up all night that night at their parents house worried.
He didn't notice anything out of the ordinary that day, He had went to work like any other day.
I thought DH was there when TT got the letter the next morning.

"...It was sometime in the morning... I remember sitting in their living room in their recliner staring at the wall, it had been a long long night.. It all seemed surreal and this could not be happening. Way out of character for my sister. I could not see the hallway that went to to the front door. I remember hearing Tommy open the door and a few seconds later I looked up and he was standing there with the note. His look was total disbelief. He then walked over and sat on the arm of the recliner and handed me the note. It just didn't make any sense. The first thing I did was call my parents and we took it to their house. Everything after that is a blur. We were bombarded with all the family and police and media.
The police still have the letter and the envelope in their possesion. DNA testing at that time was not an option. Oh how I wished it were. (...snip...)

deige, Jun 12, 2009"

She was there the next day when the letter came , she had been living there. But she was not at home that night. And then she moved back into her parents home
I was thinking it was DH that said they stayed up all night. I'm sorry it was RA in an interview speaking of himself and DH staying up all night looking at newspaper articles. I apologize.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-12-07-34-05-1.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-12-07-34-05-1.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 56
She was there the next day when the letter came , she had been living there. But she was not at home that night. And then she moved back into her parents home
I was thinking it was DH that said they stayed up all night. I'm sorry it was RA in an interview speaking of himself and DH staying up all night looking at newspaper articles. I apologize.
I'm wondering what newspaper articles could have helped with the mystery that night. It hadn't hit the papers yet. That really makes me wonder. This is a quote to back up my statement from Binnie Fisher, who was a reporter at the time. I wonder if there were suspects they had immediately to look for, if that's the case.
Binnie Fisherto Missing Ft. Worth Trio
October 13, 2018 ·
I am amazed to see what is happening. On Christmas Eve 1974, I was police reporter for the Fort Worth Press. When the report on the three girls came into the Press room, I checked with detectives and learned the case had already been sent to Missing Persons because it was considered to be a case of three runaway girls. I called my editor and told her that cops considered the girls to be runaways. She asked my opinion. I said, "What three girls run away two days before Christmas?" She said, "OK, give us what you have. We'll run with it." The Star-Telegram chose not to run a story that day.

The Army Navy store is the only fact and still no time on when they went there.
Anything else along the way is speculation just as you said.
So I guess I don't understand what your asking???
Neither do I, LOL. Let me try again. Wondered if when Tommy heard those rumors last year did a house on Mason St. or Travis Ave. make him think of anyone he used to know at that time.
While I'm asking, and this is a long shot, would the odometer give any idea of how many miles were put on the car that day? This might be a better question. I wondered how anyone would know she stopped for gas if it was before she picked up the other girls unless maybe Tommy knew the tank was on empty Sunday night. He gave her money - some for gas, and when he got the car back it had half a tank of gas in it. I may have already asked about that.

I have already corrected my statement. I was thinking I read that here on DH's post...
But again it was RA in an interview.
Of course DH and RA didn't stay up that 1st night reading articles.

Just to settle any confusion, Kettlecorn's (completely understandable) mix up is with this article published by the Star Telegram, January 9, 2000.

Of all the news articles, this one is so interesting. We have TT and DH on the record with a journalist. I can't tell whether the paras covering Rusty's perspective are direct quotes or if his version of events is being explained through Dan James, the P.I*.

It's also the article that prompted the "Response Letter"

*Edited to add: I don't believe RA was directly interviewed, per this quote in the story.

"Rusty buys James' deductions, but neatly sidesteps on-the-record comments himself. Yes, he has a theory. No, he won't discuss it, except to say that "someone close to one of the girls had something to do with the disappearance."

upload_2019-1-13_13-49-49.png

Last edited:
Just to settle any confusion, Kettlecorn's (completely understandable) mix up is with this article published by the Star Telegram, January 9, 2000.

Of all the news articles, this one is so interesting. We have TT and DH on the record with a journalist. I can't tell whether the paras covering Rusty's perspective are direct quotes or if his version of events is being explained through Dan James, the P.I*.

It's also the article that prompted the "Response Letter"

*Edited to add: I don't believe RA was directly interviewed, per this quote in the story.

"Rusty buys James' deductions, but neatly sidesteps on-the-record comments himself. Yes, he has a theory. No, he won't discuss it, except to say that "someone close to one of the girls had something to do with the disappearance."

View attachment 163941

Thank you
This case is so heartbreaking for everyone involved.

I'm wondering what newspaper articles could have helped with the mystery that night. It hadn't hit the papers yet. That really makes me wonder. This is a quote to back up my statement from Binnie Fisher, who was a reporter at the time. I wonder if there were suspects they had immediately to look for, if that's the case.
Binnie Fisherto Missing Ft. Worth Trio
October 13, 2018 ·
I am amazed to see what is happening. On Christmas Eve 1974, I was police reporter for the Fort Worth Press. When the report on the three girls came into the Press room, I checked with detectives and learned the case had already been sent to Missing Persons because it was considered to be a case of three runaway girls. I called my editor and told her that cops considered the girls to be runaways. She asked my opinion. I said, "What three girls run away two days before Christmas?" She said, "OK, give us what you have. We'll run with it." The Star-Telegram chose not to run a story that day.
I wish she'd come here and tell what else she remebers. Startlegram did run a story on Christmas Eve. although it's not much.

Attachments

• WS_01_13_19.jpg
    WS_01_13_19.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 41
I find it weird that in this short article it is stated that "the police have no reason to suspect foul play". Hmmm, like that is a normal occurrence? For three underage girls to be missing, no contact from them at all, and the car they were driving to be found abandoned in a mall parking lot...? That is actually the FIRST first thing I would suspect, FOUL PLAY.

I find it weird that in this short article it is stated that "the police have no reason to suspect foul play". Hmmm, like that is a normal occurrence? For three underage girls to be missing, no contact from them at all, and the car they were driving to be found abandoned in a mall parking lot...? That is actually the FIRST first thing I would suspect, FOUL PLAY.
With a nine year involved they should have thought foul play immediately.Who would run away with a child?

I wish it had said which set of parents searched the parking lot. The article says "one of the girl's parents". Plural
This would not be the first time a reporter, with a mixed-bag of information from more than one source, picked a safe answer. It could of said; the car was found about (what time?) at (what place?) Seems to me somebody was doing the best they could, with not much.

I wonder if the time of day the police got involved had something to do with how it got handled. If this same thing happened and got called in at noon, maybe police would have had that whole day to start making rounds and talking to employees, customers, people who's cars were parked nearby. They show up after everybody has gone home? A lot of important time slipped away because of policies and procedures. There was no 911, there was payphones and people on the other end of home phones. I had a question but I lost it. Seems like if the police had known better they'd have done better.
Ok, I remeberd my question though it won't fix a thing. Did mall security call the police? Why did they refuse to come until the mall closed?

How do we know they refused?
We don't even know what time it got called into the FWPD. We still have no clue when they actually went to the mall. I have trouble trying to figure out why Julie wasn't with them inside the Army Navy store. So many conflicting stories and every answer seems to lead to more questions.

How do we know they refused?
We don't even know what time it got called into the FWPD. We still have no clue when they actually went to the mall. I have trouble trying to figure out why Julie wasn't with them inside the Army Navy store. So many conflicting stories and every answer seems to lead to more questions.
I missed something. Julie WAS NOT with them inside the Army-Navy store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa