Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
there actually is a bit of a movement to screen for psychopathy in school children as it is a fixed part of the personality from a young age and can be identified easily.

Sadly there really is no 'test' for these types of personality disorders unless you're already in a clinical setting. It does appear that he was socially withdrawn, didn't have an active participation in academics, little interaction with family. Those are clues, but only if someone is looking for them. IMO

I wonder though, how he feels when face to face with his parents. Or with Jayme’s family. Is there a reason he was on video today? Perhaps he is a little coward when having to deal with the adults in the room.
His lawyers might have ultimately decided that was the way to go.

It’s entirely possible that he feels embarrassed by this, it’s just impossible to know.

I hope he’s embarrassed, and realizes that his life is over.

I don’t think that’s the case though.

Does anyone think a mental evaluation will be done on the perp?

Wonder if he has asperger's?

Even if he is proven to be on the spectrum....he still needs to be held accountable for his crimes. Definitely wondering how this case will be presented next month..

Being on the spectrum doesn't generally cause homicidal tendencies and definitely would neither excuse, nor explain, his actions. If this goes to trial, however, I see a forthcoming mental evaluation. I don't see how they could do any kind of defense without one.

He said he coasted down the driveway with his lights off, but didn't JC say she saw the car coming down the driveway after the dog woke her up? And how could he coast down the driveway, it was uphill from the road, wasn't it?

I think she said she heard the car tires on the gravel drive, rather than saw it. Although there might be enough streetlight/moonlight to reflect off a car even with lights off.

IDK about uphill vs down or coasting vs engine on.

the behaviors are very clear and the signs can be spotted. This kid was hurting animals, or starting fires, or bedwetting into his teens (hence adult sized diapers).

Someone on the Chris Watts thread suggested a book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker. I haven't read it yet but my daughter is reading it now and she said it has taught her a lot. I believe the signs are there. We just need to know what to look for.

Yet, someone in that family paid his bills.

Right. But based on people I have known who dealt with, let’s just say - a kid who can’t get it together life wise, that’s not uncommon. They want to wash their hands of it but they also aren’t going to let the kid starve. I think there are also parents who might be afraid of their child and will pay not to have to confront the problem. Not sure we know which one we have here from the their perspective but I’d like to.

Imo.

So. Big news day, huh? All kinds of goodies to analyze and dig into. A veritable amateur sleuth feeding frenzy!

For myself, the best parts of this day are the 911 recording (which I already mentioned), and this:

WCCO-TV | CBS Minnesota

I find it just as important - if not more so - to take a deep breath and recognize the good that also exists in our crazy world.

I think she said she heard the car tires on the gravel drive, rather than saw it. Although there might be enough streetlight/moonlight to reflect off a car even with lights off.

IDK about uphill vs down or coasting vs engine on.
I read that she saw the car pulling in the driveway, after hearing the dog bark, and then she went to wake her parents up. Imo

Jmo parents are the last ones to believe that anything is “off”with their offspring...
Sometimes they know and they can't get anyone to listen to them. It took me 10 years to get an autism diagnosis for my child. I wonder how many parents approach their pediatricians about behaviors that doctors sweep under the rug? Or tell them not all kids are the same? He is just immature, etc.

The 911 call from the neighbors who found her.. is just incredible. 30 minutes of these people being so very kind to this young girl.

Officials release 911 call in Jayme Closs case

Dear Rallibella,

I agree - all of this is incredible, including the dispatch operator who remained calm, kept everyone calm, and was so professional and clear in her instructions.

We can hear the kindness and the reassurances from the people in the cabin as they speak to Jayme. It is remarkable how the atmosphere seemed "normalized" by their tones and even their laughter at times. These are remarkable and stellar people.

During the call, we can hear the dog-walker say that she was walking her dog "at the right time" and "Thank God you guys were home".

Amen to this!

Last edited:
He pre-cleaned and wiped off the shotgun shells.... IMO, that was because he intended to use them...
Yes good point although I think he planned to use them if neccesary and would therefore likely plan to leave no evidence.....or maybe He did want her parents alive and felt he could eliminate any connection to her. Unfortunately its rehtorical imo as we will probably never know for certain. MOO

I don’t know. You’re right, he did spend his entire life in a form of isolation.

But he also likely saw himself as an unrecognized nobody. He’s famous now, or infamous.

He may finally see himself as somebody, and revel in the fact that he is now well known.

He committed a crime that everyone is talking about, and seems to have communicated a level of arrogance and pride as he told law enforcement about this crime.

He might be enjoying this.
That's always a possibility. If the feeling of grandiosity is or becomes stronger than the whatever made him socially isolated for so long. I think the reason he readily told all he knows is because he is a coward. But who knows at this point. JMO X'5

I have difficulty believing he just saw Jayme at a bus stop. Are we really believing everything this psychopath /kidnapper says? There HAS to be another connection, IMO.

Fine, perhaps we presume he was cruising schools and stalking hundreds of children for months in hopes to finally find 'The One' who conveniently happened to be at a bus stop.

Ultimately, this line of thinking and seeking this sort of answer serves to make us feel more powerful than the nutter. Patterson is in custody at the mercy of a fully loaded judicial system, who can and will do everything in their power to untangle any deception he believes weaving, will hoist himself out of the mess he's made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther