Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 911 call from the neighbors who found her.. is just incredible. 30 minutes of these people being so very kind to this young girl.
Officials release 911 call in Jayme Closs case
Yes. They did a great job. Hats off to them. I cried listening. Jeanne held it together during the call so calmly, but as she hung up and said thankyou to the dispatcher you could hear in her voice she was ready for a good cry. God Bless her. The range of emotions she was experiencing had
to have been beyond overwhelming especially considering how they had to remain calm knowing a maniacal evil killer was on the loose potentially 3 doors down and they had his escaped prey. That’s scary! but for Jayme they put on a brave calm face so she wouldn’t sense their fear. The dog scratching the door sensed it, though.

Something i noticed though was how LONG it took for them to get there. That was stressing me out. How far is the nearest police station?

there actually is a bit of a movement to screen for psychopathy in school children as it is a fixed part of the personality from a young age and can be identified easily.
Interesting, did not know that. Would this be standard testing overall? It would seem this type of testing would be regulated or protected under HIPPA type scenario.

I have difficulty believing he just saw Jayme at a bus stop. Are we really believing everything this psychopath /kidnapper says? There HAS to be another connection, IMO.
I think it's very much possible that JP saw JC at bus stop, but I don't think the abduction happened as he claims. -- I believe JP continued watching JC board the bus, stalking her for sometime before he acted. I don't believe he saw JC only once, nope. MOO

ETA: Also, JP allegedly went to the Closs residence at least twice before but deemed the conditions were not yet right.

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been mentioned before and perhaps I'm stating the obvious. but JP's statement that "when he saw J.L.C., he knew that was the girl he was going to take," means to me that he had previously decided to take a girl and had been looking for the 'right' girl. No doubt doing all his planning on how to get away with it prior to even laying eyes on Jayme.

JMO

I have difficulty believing he just saw Jayme at a bus stop. Are we really believing everything this psychopath /kidnapper says? There HAS to be another connection, IMO.
Yet that is exactly the kind of thing a psychopath would do. Israel Keyes found some of his victims after seeing them hiking in the woods. Imo

I believe it did state that the perp had a knife...MOO
He had a knife in one pocket, flashlight and tape in the other.
I know in the total picture it's a small-ish thing, but having tape ripped out of long thick hair and tape wound around the face is very painful.
I don't mean to be trite in any way, I feel for Jayme so very much. I'm so glad she's with her aunts now and can have a life of freedom again.

Yes. They did a great job. Hats off to them. I cried listening. Jeanne held it together during the call so calmly, but as she hung up and said thankyou to the dispatcher you could hear in her voice she was ready for a good cry. God Bless her. The range of emotions she was experiencing had
to have been beyond overwhelming especially considering how they had to remain calm knowing a maniacal evil killer was on the loose potentially 3 doors down and they had his escaped prey. That’s scary! but for Jayme they put on a brave calm face so she wouldn’t sense their fear. The dog scratching the door sensed it, though.

Something i noticed though was how LONG it took for them to get there. That was stressing me out. How far is the nearest police station?
I wonder if all the available officers were already surrounding/arresting JP at that point (?) and then went to get JC after (?) I read somewhere that when LE turned onto his road (very rural) JP passed his own driveway and so was pulled over right there....maybe backup came right away for the JP arrest because of the high-profile case... not sure, though...

I can believe it. Joseph Duncan was literally just driving down the road when he saw Shasta Groene playing out in her yard. He broke in, killed her parents, and then took her and her brother away. (Sadly, he killed her brother, but Shasta was later rescued.) Prolific serial killer Henry Lee Lucas used to just go to parking lots and sit there and watch people until he found the victim he wanted.

So. Big news day, huh? All kinds of goodies to analyze and dig into. A veritable amateur sleuth feeding frenzy!

For myself, the best parts of this day are the 911 recording (which I already mentioned), and this:

WCCO-TV | CBS Minnesota

I find it just as important - if not more so - to take a deep breath and recognize the good that also exists in our crazy world.
Gaaah, so wonderful! Now pass the tissues you big softie. :D

Someone on the Chris Watts thread suggested a book, "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker. I haven't read it yet but my daughter is reading it now and she said it has taught her a lot. I believe the signs are there. We just need to know what to look for.
I brought it up in the Watts and Tibbetts thread.

It’s an excellent guide for trusting your instincts, and avoiding danger, especially in relationships.

This advice certainly could not have helped the Closs family, as you can’t recognize a threat unless you see it coming.

Nobody could have seen this coming.

In regards to JB, I’m sure that it would have helped guide people the hell away from him.

But I’m not sure there’s a a great deal that could have been done, atleast in regards to those who encountered him (outside his family).

We’ve heard that he was a quiet student, but not a problem one. There’s lots of people who fit that description, and they don’t go on to become killers.

So people could have protected themselves from him, but that was no help to the Closs family.

Isolation served him well.

One of the best books ever IMO
" The Gift Of Fear" is very good for those who don't know whether they should trust their gut feeling about someone or " be nice". The parts about PTSD are really spot on for those who have experienced it.
Another healing book is " Love Is Letting Go Of Fear". The title explains what the book is about. It means love for one's self in healthy measure, and love for one's fellow mankind, also in healthy measure after trauma.

Both of these books may help Jayme's aunts and Jayme in the healing and recovery process. :)

I wonder though, how he feels when face to face with his parents. Or with Jayme’s family. Is there a reason he was on video today? Perhaps he is a little coward when having to deal with the adults in the room.

I read in an article that it was pretty standard to appear via video for the charging document reading. The creep won't always have that privilege though so he better put his big boy panties on and face the ones who will be in that courtroom every darned time!

I don't know much about his dad so I will say this for now, I do feel somewhat sorry for him. How horrible would it be to love your son enough to be there in that courtroom for him knowing shade would be thrown just because you are the father? WOW.

I think it's hard to believe because none of us want to believe it could happen any where, any time, with no way to defend against what we can't see coming. It's happened before, check the Groene case. There are others but that case struck fear in me.

Same here, I think he’s 100 percent full of it.. you got booted from marines and lasted a day at turkey plant... but tell the truth..
He’s angling towards ez mental institution or insanity.... he could do recon work on burner phone or any stolen computer...

How did he not know there’s 2 brothers in basement 6ft 5. Or Rottweilers ...

I think he had a plan ... not buying there’s a random 13 yr old girl that will work... 2 seconds to find denise / jayme online .. he’s saying he didn’t do it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther