Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
He only went in as far as a bathroom. That doesn't mean "a few feet" is false.

In my home, there is a bathroom a few feet from the front door. A guest bath off the entry way. The C's home could have been similar.

The document actually says that he checked and cleared every room in the house.....MOO

Last edited:
Thanks! So I'm curious what the explanation is for why it took so long for the initial responding officers to get Jayme... is it just a geographically huge area?
I don't think it took long. Wasn't he in custody within ten minutes after Jayme and the dog walker got to the house? Or was that wrong? I thought that's what we first heard. But I did miss the 911 call and all the discussion.

He very well may have been withdrawn & quiet as a child. I just wonder what the family dynamics were like. Maybe he felt like he should have been given more praise for his intelligence or his abilities. It just makes me think, the way he detailed everything in his confession that he was proud of himself, his abilities & how he succeeded in "almost" getting away with the perfect crime & was eager to tell the story. Twisted as it is I think he may be proud if all of this & wouldn't mind having it rehashed in a trial.

I hate to bring this up. But was the daily beast just being sensational saying there’s a lot more? I was beyond relieved when I didn’t read of any SA during her captivity. But now, since reading the Daily Beast Article I’m wondering if I was being naive :(
Kidnap Suspect Jake Patterson Allegedly Hid Jayme Closs Under His Bed for Hours at a Time

After Patterson’s court appearance Monday, Barron County District Attorney Brian Wright said there’s more to the alleged kidnapping and murder plot than what authorities included in the criminal complaint.

Prosecutor Mark Fruehauf of Douglas County, where Jayme was held captive, said he could soon file charges against Patterson, too.

Asked what Patterson’s end goal was in snatching Jayme, Wright declined to comment outside of what’s alleged in the shocking complaint.

In my home, there is a bathroom a few feet from the front door. A guest bath off the entry way. The C's home could have been similar.
No. He said he walked in and saw a closed door and then went through each room before returning to the closed door, which was the bathroom.

I don't think it took long. Wasn't he in custody within ten minutes after Jayme and the dog walker got to the house? Or was that wrong? I thought that's what we first heard. But I did miss the 911 call and all the discussion.
The 911 call was 29 minutes long
The officers entered the school teacher’s home right before Jeanne and the dispatcher hung up

I hate to bring this up. But was the daily beast just being sensational saying there’s a lot more? I was beyond relieved when I didn’t read of any SA during her captivity. But now, since reading the Daily Beast Article I’m wondering if I was being naive :(
Kidnap Suspect Jake Patterson Allegedly Hid Jayme Closs Under His Bed for Hours at a Time

After Patterson’s court appearance Monday, Barron County District Attorney Brian Wright said there’s more to the alleged kidnapping and murder plot than what authorities included in the criminal complaint.

Prosecutor Mark Fruehauf of Douglas County, where Jayme was held captive, said he could soon file charges against Patterson, too.

Asked what Patterson’s end goal was in snatching Jayme, Wright declined to comment outside of what’s alleged in the shocking complaint.

It’s extremely extremely disturbing to think about but I would be stunned if there was no SA. That’s usually the entire motive for crimes like this unfortunately.

He told them every single detail he could. He sat in the courtroom seemingly in a good mood, polite and, and, and, I am having a hard time explaining him and what I watched of his demeanor.
Maybe he is happy knowing he will never have to work a job for a day or two again. I think it's hard to understand true evil like him.

Lord that sounds like a scene out of a scary movie...….it scares me now.
That's exactly how I felt when I read that. Jayme and her mom were hiding in the bathtub and the killer hit the door with his shoulder 10 or 15 times. When he broke the door in he ripped the shower curtain open to find Denise with her arms around Jayme in a bear hug. It had to have been terrifying. Imo

IIrc per the charging document he went through the whole house only then came back to the “closed door.”

(Stand by for reference)

ETA:
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/jayme+closs+complaint.pdf

“The defendant stated he brought a kitchen type knife that he had in his pocket and a flashlight with him that night. The defendant stated there were no lights on in the house, so he shined his flashlight around the house and noticed that the door straight ahead of him was shut. The defendant stated he approached the door and it was closed. The defendant stated he quickly walked through other rooms in the house scanning to see if anyone was in any of the other rooms. The defendant stated he did not see anyone and so he then re-approached the closed door that he had initially seen. The defendant stated the door was locked and barricaded and he kicked it and shouldered it several times trying to forcibly break it open. The defendant estimated that it took him anywhere from 10 to 15 hits with his shoulder before it burst open and he entered into the bathroom. The defendant stated the bathroom curtain was shut and he reached up and grabbed it and ripped it off the rod and threw it onto the floor. The defendant stated that Denise and J.L.C. were seated in the bathtub, Denise with her arms wrapped around J.L.C. in a bear hug.”

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. But still, they had no idea where he was at the time of the call, I thought. Didn't they have to search for him?
Oh yes. Correct. Good point. They knew where Jayme was as well as his cabin but no one was sure of his whereabouts. 30 minutes seems really fast to capture him but kind of long to get to her I guess is what I’m feeling. Usually officers respond to a 911 call faster than 30 minutes. I’m not criticizing them as I’m sure there’s some explanation - could be they are in the nearest city areas at that time to tend to traffic type issues etc so they were all really around 20 minutes away??

We were discussing who was gotten to first (Jayme, or JP)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member