Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
This surely has been discussed but there are so many posts I can't read them all. Jayme and her mother his in the bathroom and heard the shot that killed her father. If they hadn't already called 911, they surely did then. After killing James, JP walked around the house looking for people, then took multiple tries to get into the bathroom, then found Denise and Jayme, and told Denise to hang up the phone. Denise and Jayme are presumably dead silent in the bathroom to avoid attracting his attention. How does this gel with the description we have been given of the 911 call having screams in the background, nothing understandable on the call? Wouldn't they have heard him tell her to hang up, and where were the screams in the background coming from?

That’s just kind of bonkers. I know they have a job to do and they have to defend his right to a fair trial. But if they have managed to get a judge to dismiss a case with a direct eyewitness to murder who was then held hostage for 3 months before escaping, they are not lawyers, they’re magicians.

Imo.
One thing to note here this is a high profile case if they can accomplish something like that It is big money for Them. They will be superstars unfortunately

That was my understanding - he saw her getting on the bus. I’m not sure she rode the bus to her old school.
It was only a couple weeks before the kidnapping. The criminal complaint said he saw her getting on the bus, on his 2nd and last day of employment at Saputo Cheese. "The defendant stated that, several days after quitting Saputo Cheese, and about one week to one and one-half weeks before he went through with his plan to kidnap J.L.C" So the day he saw her was just 2-3 weeks before the kidnapping.

I have a very bad feeling about some things in the complaint that the attorneys are going to perhaps say his statements were coerced or something. The whole 4 minute statement especially seems to me like they were fitting things into a timeline that they created.
Dont know if that makes sense to you but basically saying that if they are going to try to get it dismissed then the statements he made better have actually come from his mouth and not something that was just "suggested" over and over until he agreed
Like the 4 minutes. Reading it makes it seem longer than 4 minutes. It takes longer to make a cup of Keurig with cream and sugar.

Yes, in Wisconsin, you have to pull over. And he did pull over.

Idea as to why the Taurus wasn't publicly announced: Could the stolen plate that was on the Taurus have been from a Challenger? That could explain why at first they were looking for a Challenger but then they seemed uncertain as to just what they were looking for.
Interesting thought. Would bet LE knew about the missing plates.

Regarding the time it took LE to get there from the 911 call, I think several factors were at play.

1) They knew she was in a house in the general area of his, and did not know his location.

2) Because Of item 1, they were trying to determine how they could get to her without possibly alerting him (if he was nearby) to her whereabouts.

3) With that in play, I think they waited for several officers to be in the area, backup to be available, and they approached the scene from multiple sides. Meaning at the same time one went to the house, others were surrounding his house, some were stationed along the road, etc

Right or wrong, they didn’t really know what they were walking into. They knew she was in a house with several adults, and I think they were trying to get enough cops there to establish a perimeter.

My guess, as well, based on growing up in WI and knowing how remote sole of these areas are, is that it was likely a 10 to 15 minute drive for even the closest officers.

During initial reports, a perimeter was referenced.

(Looking for quote)

ETA: The quote may have been pulled, as it may have originally appeared here as search directs me to this page:
Alleged Jayme Closs Abductor Identified As Jake Patterson By Wisconsin Police | HuffPost

“This article has been updated with additional information from law enforcement.“

I agree with your words 100%. Classic psychopath. Now, he's at a high risk for suicide. A caught psychopath is one who might strut around at first, then they want out right then, then they realize they have no control over any aspect of their lives and want to die.
Many do accomplish either suicide or goad another prisoner into killing them rather than bend to captivity and loss of autonomy.

We don't hear that much about the suicides, but this type of disorder has a high correlation with suicide attempts, then success.
Like Brandon S
I have a very bad feeling about some things in the complaint that the attorneys are going to perhaps say his statements were coerced or something. The whole 4 minute statement especially seems to me like they were fitting things into a timeline that they created.
Dont know if that makes sense to you but basically saying that if they are going to try to get it dismissed then the statements he made better have actually come from his mouth and not something that was just "suggested" over and over until he agreed
well at least we know he said “i did it” when they pulled him over and the interview was recorded so Judge and jury can see for themselves if it was coerced, right ??

I don't think he waited until "perfect." I think the 3rd time he was like, I'm going to get her I don't care WHAT the conditions are. That's why he said he was going to kill anyone who was at the house, including children, to get her. Enough screwing around this time I'm ready and I'm going in.
Yes - that willingness to kill whoever was in the home has been disturbing me (among other things disturbing me with this case!). He didn't know if Jayme had siblings and he seemed prepared to kill even children when he stormed the house.

He planned ahead of time to kill anyone there, take Jayme, put her in the truck of his car, and then keep her under his bed. That is one messed up soul (to put it mildly).

jmo

This surely has been discussed but there are so many posts I can't read them all. Jayme and her mother his in the bathroom and heard the shot that killed her father. If they hadn't already called 911, they surely did then. After killing James, JP walked around the house looking for people, then took multiple tries to get into the bathroom, then found Denise and Jayme, and told Denise to hang up the phone. Denise and Jayme are presumably dead silent in the bathroom to avoid attracting his attention. How does this gel with the description we have been given of the 911 call having screams in the background, nothing understandable on the call? Wouldn't they have heard him tell her to hang up, and where were the screams in the background coming from?
Good questions. And where did LE find the phone? It wasn't where they said, between the parents. It was near Denise. The word help would have been very silently said when Denise called, so as not to alert the perp. I'll bet the call heard him busting the door down and some screams then. He might have motioned to her to hang it up.

Regarding the time it took LE to get there from the 911 call, I think several factors were at play.

1) They knew she was in a house in the general area of his, and did not know his location.

2) Because Of item 1, they were trying to determine how they could get to her without possibly alerting him (if he was nearby) to her whereabouts.

3) With that in play, I think they waited for several officers to be in the area, backup to be available, and they approached the scene from multiple sides. Meaning at the same time one went to the house, others were surrounding his
house, some were stationed along the road, etc

Right or wrong, they didn’t really know what they were walking into. They knew she was in a house with several adults, and I think they were trying to get enough cops there to establish a perimeter.

My guess, as well, based on growing up in WI and knowing how remote sole of these areas are, is that it was likely a 10 to 15 minute drive for even the closest officers.
Ohhhhhh. Yes! Duh. That’s why the dispatcher wanted to “walk through” a map with Jeanne. I remember thinking “just put the address in Wayze to get to Jayme And while you are on the way look for the snowman to find Patterson’s cabin.”

They likely tried to be quiet hoping the intruder would go away.

Starts pounding on the door, while they realize to dial.

Dispatch picks up after he busts in, they have a shotgun on them.

A sequence leading to the jumbled 911 hangup is not difficult to imagine. Perhaps you are a better person and would have handled it calmly. I imagine being terrified after being woken up then hearing your husband killed and having a guy dressed in black pointing a shotgun at you is a bit stressful.

Yes, in Wisconsin, you have to pull over. And he did pull over.

Idea as to why the Taurus wasn't publicly announced: Could the stolen plate that was on the Taurus have been from a Challenger? That could explain why at first they were looking for a Challenger but then they seemed uncertain as to just what they were looking for.
That's a good thought.
But the officer driving to the Closs's home did say he saw a dark red Ford Taurus.

I'm drawing a blank without the full name. What case was " Brandon S."?
Oops. Sorry. I’m posting from my phone and the cursor is wacky for some reason when I tried to edit. I can’t make it reach difft spots for editing. It’s hard to explain but it’s why some of my posts have so many errors.

I was going to post about Brandon Scott Lavergne earlier replying to someone’s post about how these killers are all proud until they’re in prison awhile then it’s solitary confinement and suicide watch.

Brandon Scott Lavergne killed Mickey Shunick from Lafayette, Louisiana and Lisa Pate as well

911 did hear an "argument" and yelling which was probably him telling DC to tape JC's mouth. At that point there was probably screaming, esp when JP killed JC's mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo