Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introversion and sociopath are worlds apart though. I don’t find it “really weird” at all. I have a kid that preferred a good book instead of prom. They would have never considered a class trip. They spent time in an animal shelter rather than with friends. And they were THRILLED to leave high school and their classmates behind.

That’s not that weird or abnormal.
Yes, I think I mentioned it's not weird to not go to prom, class trip, etc. My point was that in a class size of 35, I find it strange the classmates didn't know him well - no real stories about him other than he was there and didn't participate. With that small of a group, people usually know each other well enough to have something to say.

Doesn't really matter anyway. The guy obviously had something off, whether anyone noticed or not.

jmo

According to the complaint, JP told James to get on the ground and then James said show me your badge.
Do you think if James had gotten on the ground, he would still have been shot?
Yes, because Jayme was the target and JP was determined to leave no witnesses behind. I honestly think it really would have made no difference.

Jmo

Weren't there a couple people who knew him in high school who said he never spoke to anybody? He sat with a couple of kids at lunch but they never talked? That on the last day of high school someone wanted to take a group picture and he didn't want to be in it or something?
Would you be able to find this in any previous posts or links? I didn’t see this but it could certainly be because I’m not keeping up fast enough! ;)
“Honestly, he didn’t stand out at all,” Keller tells PEOPLE. “I can’t tell you a single story about him, because he didn’t do anything. If it was just you and him in a room, no one would talk.”

Keller says she did speak to Patterson “when I had to,” but says he’d respond “with one-word answers, or not even answer at all. I don’t know a thing about his life. He’d sit alone at lunch, or with a couple other kids, but no one would talk at the lunch table.”
H.S. Classmate Describes Jayme Closs' Alleged Kidnapper as 'Loner': 'He Just Ignored Everyone'

“Honestly, he didn’t stand out at all,” Keller tells PEOPLE. “I can’t tell you a single story about him, because he didn’t do anything. If it was just you and him in a room, no one would talk.”

Keller says she did speak to Patterson “when I had to,” but says he’d respond “with one-word answers, or not even answer at all. I don’t know a thing about his life. He’d sit alone at lunch, or with a couple other kids, but no one would talk at the lunch table.”
H.S. Classmate Describes Jayme Closs' Alleged Kidnapper as 'Loner': 'He Just Ignored Everyone'
Thank you dear.

You are correct. I really don’t. It’s just a heart warming story from Amy the 991 dispatcher innthjs instance. If I had to choose police officer, paramedic, firefighter, or 911 dispatcher though, I’d choose 911 dispatcher. They’re insulated somewhat. But yes. You make a good point. It’s not all “happy ending” calls.

I was a 911 dispatcher not long ago. You turn off your emotions during the call and stick to your training, but afterwards you let it out or go. The whole room will silence when something big happens on your line, everyone is there to jump in and help. Then afterwards they give you time to regroup. They are the very first responders, and deserve a lot of credit as well as the title, as sometimes they do not know the end result. If you call and ask they usually will give you the info. Some people need the closure. They just move on to the next call, because they have to. Hats off to all dispatchers.

I was a 911 dispatcher not long ago. You turn off your emotions during the call and stick to your training, but afterwards you let it out or go. The whole room will silence when something big happens on your line, everyone is there to jump in and help. Then afterwards they give you time to regroup. They are the very first responders, and deserve a lot of credit as well as the title, as sometimes they do not know the end result. If you call and ask they usually will give you the info. Some people need the closure. They just move on to the next call, because they have to. Hats off to all dispatchers.
Welcome to WS! Such an interesting first post - thanks for sharing that. I have a new-found appreciation for dispatchers after this case. (Not that I didn't admire their work before this, of course.) It will be great to have your insight on WS cases.

Interesting thought. Would bet LE knew about the missing plates.
My thoughts were, at first they didn't see it as a suspect just a vehicle that might have seen the suspect, got the plate number or maybe a partial plate from a cam and they came up as maybe a Challenger, but then they said something about the tail lights weren't right.... when they realized tail lights don't match up with a Challenger. Maybe they thought for a bit it was a modified one since I think they said one tail light was out and the license plate light was out, so they weren't sure if the tail light pattern they could see meant it was a Taurus or someone had replaced the one tail light to throw them off.
I don't know, just an idea. It was kind of a beater. Alternatively, maybe it did have a tail light from a Challenger.

Family, friends of kidnapped teen Jayme Closs praise her strength and share photos after her escape | Daily Mail Online

'She's JAYMAZING'
Friends and family of 13-year-old Jayme Closs have been sharing photos of the teen following her miraculous return after having been missing for 88 days.

Since she's been back, the outpouring of support from her community has been as strong as ever, with many calling the teen 'JAYMAZING' for her resilience in the face of everything she's been through and has yet to face.

DM 1.jpg DM 2.JPG DM 3.JPG
DM 5.JPG DM 6.JPG DM 7.JPG

Sorry can't keep up. Just listened to the 911 call (half an hour long at this link: Jayme Closs 911 Call )
Sorry if this has been discussed, it just kind of freaked me out... because I know that JC had been saying that she had to hide when people came over, and that he hid her under a bed with containers blocking, etc.
At about 15:30 in the 911 call, the Nutter lady says that Jayme just told her that "All the people that hung out at his house apparently do NOT know who she is''.
This contradicts that nobody knew she was there and that she hid whenever people were there.
I can't help but admit that it rattled me when I heard that. Thoughts?

There is a bazillion things I could ask, I need answers on, the only one I believe is Jayme Closs.

<modsnipped: sleuthing non pois>

If there were people at house who were they / real / imaginary..

Turning up speakers so they won’t hear here yell ??? How long did he leave her alone ... thanksgiving/ Christmas what did he do ..,?

I dunno... asking.... I could see anything with this guy...

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts were, at first they didn't see it as a suspect just a vehicle that might have seen the suspect, got the plate number or maybe a partial plate from a cam and they came up as maybe a Challenger, but then they said something about the tail lights weren't right.... when they realized tail lights don't match up with a Challenger. Maybe they thought for a bit it was a modified one since I think they said one tail light was out and the license plate light was out, so they weren't sure if the tail light pattern they could see meant it was a Taurus or someone had replaced the one tail light to throw them off.
I don't know, just an idea. It was kind of a beater. Alternatively, maybe it did have a tail light from a Challenger.

I dont know about that, but it may be the reason why they were raiding the house down the road.

I'm guessing she means they don't know who she is because they never saw her.
?

jmo

For the record all we have is a bystander's interpretation of Jayme's statement that Patterson insinuated 'he had people over', which in turn we are inclined to believe based on a neighbors' statement that the house 'had a lot of traffic'.

No dates or timeline as yet to determine when anyone actually ever came over.

From the outside it's clear as mud; meanwhile for those firsthand there is no doubt what or how things happened.

From the CC:

"Prior to arriving at the Closs home, the defendant stated he stopped on a side road
somewhere east of Barron and removed both the front and rear license plate from his car
which he described as an older red colored Ford Taurus, and placed the stolen license plate
on the rear of his car. The defendant stated he made other modifications to his vehicle. The
defendant stated he removed and disconnected the dome light in the vehicle so that when he
exited or entered the vehicle it would not illuminate his presence. The defendant stated he also
removed the trunk light and what he described as the glow in the dark kidnapping cord from
the trunk so that no one could pull the trunk release once inside."

Perhaps the stolen plate # belonged to a Challenger? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members