Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. This makes sense. Thx! I think everyone did a really good job on the rescue day. And weren’t these the sane officers that were handling 2dead bodies in a well or fire pit found earlier that day? Or was that another county?

No, that was a completely opposite part of the state.

I dunno. For a case they claimed they had absolutely no evidence or leads that seems a bit over the top. Sheriff stated after they had him there were no tips that led to him and that Gordon was never an area of interest. They weren't keeping these things a secret to play a game with the perp. IMO it seems negligent. We all kept saying what if the answers were right there the whole time? And here there was a vehicle never mentioned? I don't get it.

The vehicle. All this time.
What if he revisited the area of the crime and someone could have been on the lookout for this car. Did they simply not record that it was near the crime? Would releasing the information (if they had it) put JC at a greater risk somehow? I am just baffled that it wouldn’t have warranted at least call for checking it out.

Maybe outlawing *advertiser censored* would be a good start for society and the “feminist” movement. But again, we haven’t any reason to tie this to this case. I won’t be surprised if he was addicted to *advertiser censored*, but at this point we have not yet learned that. So why bring that discussion in here? Y’all know *advertiser censored*, video games, incels, gun control, illegal immigrants, and now “toxic masculinity” are all hot button controversial topics so why stir the pot when none of these are ingredients in the pot at this point??
It's a logical conclusion considering he ticks every box IMO. The topic is always swept under the rug because it makes people uncomfortable but it is a huge problem.

Is it possible to start a separate thread somewhere on the forum where we can discuss toxic masculinity as it does appear to be at the root of several cases on here.

ETA: If information comes out that JP was part of the incel movement will we be able to discuss it as part of this case?
ITA

I saw that too. Geez! What might they have in mind and in their conscience to try get this maniac back out on the streets?
Makes you think those attorneys are cut from the same thread as JP. Would they feel proud if they got their client off with a less sentence than deserved even though the entire lay community thinks otherwise?
It shouldn’t happen but look at some recent and not so recent cases. Casey Anthony, OJ.

Weren't there a couple people who knew him in high school who said he never spoke to anybody? He sat with a couple of kids at lunch but they never talked? That on the last day of high school someone wanted to take a group picture and he didn't want to be in it or something?
Yep google JP high school and the in touch weekly article has a pic of him sitting out of the group class photo in the back looking down.

Yes, in Wisconsin, you have to pull over. And he did pull over.

Idea as to why the Taurus wasn't publicly announced: Could the stolen plate that was on the Taurus have been from a Challenger? That could explain why at first they were looking for a Challenger but then they seemed uncertain as to just what they were looking for.
I believe the police officer that noted the Taurus said it didn’t have a front plate just a spot for one. And in the 12 page document I read JP said he only replaced the one on the back. Still, i think LE would have recalled it was seconds away from the house. It’s really baffling.

Published, recent quotes from longterm friend and school official:

D F of Minong graduated high school with Patterson in 2015. Fisher said the two were friends throughout high school.

"He’s just like any other normal student. There are no red flags or anything like that that I could’ve seen at all. I’ve gone to his house once or twice. He’s come over to mine," Fisher, 22, said. "He’s just like anyone else. So hearing this, that he’s the suspect and hearing his intentions, it’s just surreal."

Fisher described Patterson as a person with morals who loved his dog Rosie and his parents. He said the 21-year-old suspect was smart and part of the quiz bowl team for Northwood School District in Minong.

"Just like anybody else, you could joke with him," Fisher said. "He was a human being."
[...]
Fisher said Patterson didn’t want to keep in touch after graduation and had no social media accounts.
[...]
"This whole thing is unimaginable," said Serum, who declined to comment further. She said school officials needed some time to process what’s happened over the last few days since Jayme Closs escaped from her alleged kidnapper Thursday.

Serum told the Associated Press that Patterson was a "quiet, good student" with "wonderful friends." Kristin Kasinskas, one of the neighbors helped Jayme to safety in after her escape Thursday, told the news agency that she didn’t remember much about him despite having been Patterson’s middle school science teacher.

According to online court records, Patterson’s parents divorced in 2007. Fisher said his classmate seemed "disheartened" by the divorce and the path his brother had taken. Patterson’s older brother has a criminal record for possession of marijuana, bail jumping and fourth-degree sexual assault, according to the Associated Press. bbm

Former Friend Of Jake Patterson: 'There Were No Red Flags'

ETA: Quotes are from a male friend. (Name changed to initials by me).
Yeah well everyone thought CW was awesome too.

About the issue of shy vs. antisocial personality disordered and also the issue of high risk for suicide:

If he is antisocial PD, then when it finally gets to him that he cannot control his environment in any but the most primitive ways, that he IS a prisoner, that he will BE a prisoner and have to obey the guards 24/7, then yes, he almost certainly will become a high risk for suicide in jail/ prison.

Because ASPD features control of others to the point of torture and death for their sick fantasy pleasure, the need for control over environment at all times, rigidity in personal preferences, lack of intolerance for outside interference of coming and going are some of the overriding ways we distinguish it from the oft- mentioned " shyness" tonight. The features described exist even when the ASPD disordered is not killing or hurting people actively at that time.

An ASPD can be either charming and effusive, not meaning a word said ( Ted Bundy was a superficially charming ASPD) or can be extremely reclusive UNLESS they are hunting prey and hurting people. The guy who is incarcerated and awaiting trial as the GSK ( Joseph DeAngelo) fits more into this type of behavior pattern. His true love rejected him, which some think started his overt violence.. He married someone else, whom he's been married to for many years, and
years, but he and his wife have always
maintained separate households. He managed his criminal impulses by working night shift as a police officer. He hunted and killed while on duty. He'd hunt victims while on patrol, get their license plate number, and kill or assault them when he was off work. Family and neighbors say that after he was older and had been fired from his career as a LE officer for stealing, his wife, an attorney, would yell at him from his yard into his window, and he'd stand in her driveway and curse her...
But, he was what I'd call a socially isolated and awkward person when he was YOUNG and known to be actively killing. As an aside note, he saw in court cases that DNA was convicting rapists and murderers. He stopped most of his criminal activity when DNA could identify him. He was also older and couldn't jump over fences, walk on roofs, and open locked windows silently like he did for years.

The key is often the age group. I've studied case after case, and the textbook superficial charm and sense of charisma MAY be a " hunting" technique which is learned.

Later on, as the ASPD with violence gets older, it's harder to be the sexiest guy at the apartment pool area to hunt women ( or men). So many serial killers have never been caught because of the time frame of their killing. If DNA wasn't preserved because the PD with jurisdiction didn't know it would become important and had limited evidence room space, it's difficult. Many suspected ASPD serial killers died before they faced justice. There's a good bit of info on many of them here in the Serial Killer section,

I've given 2 examples of vastly different behaviors in the same disorder. Was Ted Bundy ever suicidal? I don't know, to be honest.
I don't think so, though, because he always, always thought " he could beat the system" being his own counsel for his trials.

Is the GSK, who is in his 70's now and awaiting trial because he was undetected until DNA proved his identity, suicidal? They say he is. He's been video taped in court in restraints and obviously sedated when neighbors said he was screaming at them and washing his boat and riding a motorcycle just before he was arrested ( like days before). When he stopped killing, he truly stopped.
Like Bundy, he was bold at night when he was young and hunting prey ( young women, then couples).
I don't think he ever intended to stop raping women and killing couples but he stopped when DNA evidence started being used in trials.
He was smart enough to know he'd left DNA everywhere.

And ironically, DNA was the last step in his capture, but at his age, it's almost a waste of time, as he will likely die before trial.

I believe the police officer that noted the Taurus said it didn’t have a front plate just a spot for one. And in the 12 page document I read JP said he only replaced the one on the back. Still, i think LE would have recalled it was seconds away from the house. It’s really baffling.

Yeah the Taurus is still just mind boggling. It was the only car they passed, why wouldn’t they have put that info out instead of just the SUV or the challenger?

It wasn’t like they were hot on his tail and were holding that info back, he was not on the radar whatsoever and they had no idea where she was or who had her. If she doesn’t make the escape on her own I’m convinced this case never would have been solved.

Not to come off as bashing LE, but simply putting that info out there one of his friends or relatives could have mentioned it and noticed how bizarre it was that he was playing music in his closed up bedroom whenever he had company over.

Does anyone think a mental evaluation will be done on the perp?

<modsnipped off topic>Definitely wondering how this case will be presented next month..
Why do people keep comparing psychopathic tendencies to Aspergers? There is no comparison. Sorry if this is off topic. And yes, I can provide links.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the Taurus is still just mind boggling. It was the only car they passed, why wouldn’t they have put that info out instead of just the SUV or the challenger?

It wasn’t like they were hot on his tail and were holding that info back, he was not on the radar whatsoever and they had no idea where she was or who had her. If she doesn’t make the escape on her own I’m convinced this case never would have been solved.

Not to come off as bashing LE, but simply putting that info out there one of his friends or relatives could have mentioned it and noticed how bizarre it was that he was playing music in his closed up bedroom whenever he had company over.

The only thing I can think of is if the cop second guessed himself once a challenger was mentioned and decided that is what he saw.

No red flag except a 21yo can't hold a job, isn't in school, and seemingly sits at home all day. I can count a few red flags there.

jmo

However, plenty of those young men don't ever commit a felony. I've known several and yes they are wasting their life away... but they aren't hurting anyone directly.

Those are red flags for maybe depression, a hopeless future... but I don't see them as red flags for double homicide and abduction with zero prior record. I would be concerned about my child in that situation, not thinking he was going to kill people.

Introversion and sociopath are worlds apart though. I don’t find it “really weird” at all. I have a kid that preferred a good book instead of prom. They would have never considered a class trip. They spent time in an animal shelter rather than with friends. And they were THRILLED to leave high school and their classmates behind.

That’s not that weird or abnormal.

Absolutely. The smarter kids in school were often like this. I know plenty of teens that never went to prom or had any desire to do so.

Many teens were thrilled to leave high school because it was full of bullying and bad experiences.

I don't see any of these things as red flags... but I do know several introverts so that might be why.

Makes you think those attorneys are cut from the same thread as JP.

Am I the only one who noticed, that the one in the jail with him had matching hair? I wonder if that was on purpose.

Yes, in Wisconsin, you have to pull over. And he did pull over.

Idea as to why the Taurus wasn't publicly announced: Could the stolen plate that was on the Taurus have been from a Challenger? That could explain why at first they were looking for a Challenger but then they seemed uncertain as to just what they were looking for.

They would know who the car belonged to if they had the plate info

I just listened to the whole 911 call posted several pages back (the one from this past Thursday). It is about 29:00 long. Thank goodness for both of the neighbors. They stayed calm and kept Jayme calm and feeling safe (At one point, JN asked Jayme if she felt nervous and Jayme said "no"). And the dispatcher did a wonderful job keeping them all safe and calm (and they thanked the dispatcher at the end as well and the dispatcher thanked them for doing such a nice job). This was probably the best possible ending that could have come from this absolutely nightmarish situation, and I am so happy and thankful that these wonderful neighbors were nearby when Jayme needed them.

This call brought tears many a time. Such heroes and heroines.

Somewhere around 15 to 17 minutes in, there was a remark that when he had people or friends to the home, they did not appear to recognize her or know who she was (paraphrasing). I think there is much we do not know yet. Was he on his own in this.... And did others know? Will we ever know...

Brave girl and awesome people who helped her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean