Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
You nailed it!
Not that I would answer my door at dark thirty before, but from now on, I have a "new" way to try and protect myself.
#1 I can turn ALL outside flood lights from the bedroom. Even the ones that didn't detect motion.
I may even install a blinding light at the front door.
I'm seriously considering a Ring doorbell as well.
Don't know enough about them yet.

Had the father just sat beside the door, armed and waited for him to shoot the door in, he could have killed this monster on the spot.
Hindsight 20/20.
I'm in no way blaming the father!
It is what I have learned from this case.
If you are not expecting a visitor late at night, STAY AWAY FROM THE DOOR!
Thanks to Jayme, James and Denise, some family will be better prepared in situations like this!!!
Moo
I was just thinking, if this had just been a robbery and no kidnapping had taken place the police would have never figured out who did this.

Or maybe he didn't want to put down the gun. Imo

He was wearing gloves, so I don’t think DNA was the concern.

I think he either didn’t want to put down the gun, or was lazy.

He also had 2 pairs of gloves on.

From the CC, JP provided: "The defendant stated Denise was struggling to do that and he set the shotgun down on the bathroom sink. The defendant stated he took the tape from Denise and wrapped tape around J.L.C.'s mouth, and completely around her head. The defendant stated he then had J.L.C. stand up where he then took tape and placed it around her wrists, with her palms together to restrain her hands and arms. The defendant stated he then took the tape and wrapped it around ankles."

He did put the gun down. Scary stuff.

Would you be able to find this in any previous posts or links? I didn’t see this but it could certainly be because I’m not keeping up fast enough! ;)
I've been speed reading so much to try to catch up I don't know where the heck I saw it. I think it was when Pommy was posting all the links right before the hearing but I'm not sure.

I find it interesting that there have been such conflicting reports about his school years. From he was social and had friends to he was a loner. To he was quiet but well liked to he wouldn’t pose for a class photo. We hung out we were friends to he was weird loser.

I have to wonder if some people just ... talk for the spotlight without really remembering or what the deal is.

In the DSM-5 in order to determine a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder the individual must have conduct problems evident by the age 15.
He didn't go to prom, didn't pose for the class picture, didn't go on a class trip, and he wrote in his senior yearbook "Finally done with school" or something endearing like that.

These might not seem that strange (not a big deal if you don't want to go to prom or on a trip with everyone, etc), but the graduating class was only 35 people. It's really weird that in a class size that small that he seemed not to want to be with them and that classmates really didn't know him well. You'd think with that small of a class, people would know each other very well.

jmo

Sorry can't keep up. Just listened to the 911 call (half an hour long at this link: Jayme Closs 911 Call )
Sorry if this has been discussed, it just kind of freaked me out... because I know that JC had been saying that she had to hide when people came over, and that he hid her under a bed with containers blocking, etc.
At about 15:30 in the 911 call, the Nutter lady says that Jayme just told her that "All the people that hung out at his house apparently do NOT know who she is''.
This contradicts that nobody knew she was there and that she hid whenever people were there.
I can't help but admit that it rattled me when I heard that. Thoughts?

Sorry can't keep up. Just listened to the 911 call (half an hour long at this link: Jayme Closs 911 Call )
Sorry if this has been discussed, it just kind of freaked me out... because I know that JC had been saying that she had to hide when people came over, and that he hid her under a bed with containers blocking, etc.
At about 15:30 in the 911 call, the Nutter lady says that Jayme just told her that "All the people that hung out at his house apparently do NOT know who she is''.
This contradicts that nobody knew she was there and that she hid whenever people were there.
I'm guessing she means they don't know who she is because they never saw her.
?

jmo

Thank you so much for taking the time and concerted effort with your smartphone to reply.

This is a case I don't believe I know about unless there was an exceptionally gruesome part like alligators, or burning them... I'll go look it up right now. His name should be easy to Google. Just read where he was in chronic trouble in Angola, not a prison to mess with, IMO.
In his photo, he has absolutely dead eyes. Scary spooky.
That dead-ness is what so many people see when looking into the eyes of a sociopathic rapist/murderer.

That’s true. But that could easily be seen as shyness or social awkwardness.

I can think of several people that I went to high school with, that match the description given of JP.

It is what came later that was more concerning, especially his work history.
And I can think of a few who were just the opposite that ended up taking their own lives not long after high school.

Speaking of the license plates. Anyone recall seeing a license plate in the outdoor photos of his house? There was a somewhat bent one hanging on a wood pillar type thing if i recall correctly.

I spotted two of them. Not uncommon in rural Wisconsin, particularly when there's extra junk vehicles. Sometimes people make them into birdhouses or something. Or nail them up in a garage or "man cave."
I didn't bother to research if they were numbers of interest. Did anyone?

I spotted two of them. Not uncommon in rural Wisconsin, particularly when there's extra junk vehicles. Sometimes people make them into birdhouses or something. Or nail them up in a garage or "man cave."
I didn't bother to research if they were numbers of interest. Did anyone?
Aren't license plates sometimes nailed to trees in rural areas to act as reflectors for unlit driveways? That's probably off-topic, lol. :)

It was reported that Denise tried to or did barricade the door, so that took some time. The dispatcher heard "yelling" which could have been JP yelling while he was busting down the door, or Denise and Jayme yelling/screaming. When he broke down the door, Denise may have been trying to hide the phone which could have muffled whatever was going on, making his instructions to hang up inaudible.
He was also wearing a mask which I assume would further muffle his voice. If I am on the phone with my husband when he has someone else in the background talking, I can’t distinctly hear them even without a mask. He’ll say “did you hear that?” I’ll say “no”, then he says “oh, Mike says hi”. Maybe it’s just my ears but I can’t hear background words even without other background yelling and banging.

Weren't there a couple people who knew him in high school who said he never spoke to anybody? He sat with a couple of kids at lunch but they never talked? That on the last day of high school someone wanted to take a group picture and he didn't want to be in it or something?
Published, recent quotes from longterm friend and school official:

D F of Minong graduated high school with Patterson in 2015. Fisher said the two were friends throughout high school.

"He’s just like any other normal student. There are no red flags or anything like that that I could’ve seen at all. I’ve gone to his house once or twice. He’s come over to mine," Fisher, 22, said. "He’s just like anyone else. So hearing this, that he’s the suspect and hearing his intentions, it’s just surreal."

Fisher described Patterson as a person with morals who loved his dog Rosie and his parents. He said the 21-year-old suspect was smart and part of the quiz bowl team for Northwood School District in Minong.

"Just like anybody else, you could joke with him," Fisher said. "He was a human being."
[...]
Fisher said Patterson didn’t want to keep in touch after graduation and had no social media accounts.
[...]
"This whole thing is unimaginable," said Serum, who declined to comment further. She said school officials needed some time to process what’s happened over the last few days since Jayme Closs escaped from her alleged kidnapper Thursday.

Serum told the Associated Press that Patterson was a "quiet, good student" with "wonderful friends." Kristin Kasinskas, one of the neighbors helped Jayme to safety in after her escape Thursday, told the news agency that she didn’t remember much about him despite having been Patterson’s middle school science teacher.

According to online court records, Patterson’s parents divorced in 2007. Fisher said his classmate seemed "disheartened" by the divorce and the path his brother had taken. Patterson’s older brother has a criminal record for possession of marijuana, bail jumping and fourth-degree sexual assault, according to the Associated Press. bbm

Former Friend Of Jake Patterson: 'There Were No Red Flags'

ETA: Quotes are from a male friend. (Name changed to initials by me).

Last edited:
That is an odd thing to say. Makes me wonder if anyone saw her.

That's what she says. I wonder if she meant they didn't know she was there? And if he always had the music turned up loud, she would not be able to hear their conversations. Perplexing IMO.

He didn't go to prom, didn't pose for the class picture, didn't go on a class trip, and he wrote in his senior yearbook "Finally done with school" or something endearing like that.

These might not seem that strange (not a big deal if you don't want to go to prom or on a trip with everyone, etc), but the graduating class was only 35 people. It's really weird that in a class size that small that he seemed not to want to be with them and that classmates really didn't know him well. You'd think with that small of a class, people would know each other very well.

jmo

Introversion and sociopath are worlds apart though. I don’t find it “really weird” at all. I have a kid that preferred a good book instead of prom. They would have never considered a class trip. They spent time in an animal shelter rather than with friends. And they were THRILLED to leave high school and their classmates behind.

That’s not that weird or abnormal.

Henry Standing Bear. Sheriff Longmire's trusted and capable friend from the Longmire books and TV show.
Thank you so much!!!
I can sleep now!
After I Google search and read for an hour!
O/T
In the Disney movie 101 Dalmatians , they speak of the "barking chain".
I believe that this could be a possibility for Henry wanting to go out.
Something was "off" and he knew it!
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members