Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
No red flag except a 21yo can't hold a job, isn't in school, and seemingly sits at home all day. I can count a few red flags there.

jmo
Yeah, but I think the implication is that there were no red flags when he was in high school.

Certainly plenty of red flags after he graduated though.

Thought this was a bit interesting.

Former Friend Of Jake Patterson: 'There Were No Red Flags'
Dylan Fisher of Minong graduated high school with Patterson in 2015. Fisher said the two were friends throughout high school.

"He’s just like any other normal student. There are no red flags or anything like that that I could’ve seen at all. I’ve gone to his house once or twice. He’s come over to mine," Fisher, 22, said. "He’s just like anyone else. So hearing this, that he’s the suspect and hearing his intentions, it’s just surreal."

Do we know why the marines was over after 5 weeks ..... medical?? Quit ??

I’ve seen this flat affect before, from Chris Watts to BTK.

I believe he is a lot like them, a sociopath.

Their crimes are different, but it’s like talking to the same person.

You’re right, it’s not something you develop overnight, but it takes time to really see it.

I also don’t think boot camp “broke him,” I think it merely exposed him.

I think he came home the same way he left, only angrier.

I think he is an evil loser, not mentally ill.

We just see this differently.
I’ve seen this flat affect before, from Chris Watts to BTK.

I believe he is a lot like them, a sociopath.

Their crimes are different, but it’s like talking to the same person.

You’re right, it’s not something you develop overnight, but it takes time to really see it.

I also don’t think boot camp “broke him,” I think it merely exposed him.

I think he came home the same way he left, only angrier.

I think he is an evil loser, not mentally ill.

We just see this differently.
Yea, I think I'll go with "evil loser" too.

Cell phones don't make noise when you dial. Again, I'm not second guessing the Closses at all, and I don't see why you think I am. What I am trying to discuss is how what is said in the complaint compares to what we have been told was heard (or not heard) on the 911 call. Nothing else. That is literally all I am asking about.

They make noise when someone answers. 911 operators don't whisper.

911 is just starting to get text capability - great for situations like this.

I can think of multiple scenarios for the 911 hangup. In the end it doesn't really make a difference. If we ever hear the call maybe we'll know more. They called Eau Claire to try and clean it up; the FBI tried, too. And, maybe, there's more on the tape than we've been told?

I'm out.

Yeah, but I think the implication is that there were no red flags when he was in high school.

Weren't there a couple people who knew him in high school who said he never spoke to anybody? He sat with a couple of kids at lunch but they never talked? That on the last day of high school someone wanted to take a group picture and he didn't want to be in it or something?

Weren't there a couple people who knew him in high school who said he never spoke to anybody? He sat with a couple of kids at lunch but they never talked? That on the last day of high school someone wanted to take a group picture and he didn't want to be in it or something?
Would you be able to find this in any previous posts or links? I didn’t see this but it could certainly be because I’m not keeping up fast enough! ;)

I think the mom called 911 as soon as they got into the bathroom. The noise in the background LE described was likely the perp shoving against the door of the bathroom. I am sure they were screaming in fear from that.

jmo
I think they were VERY quiet hidden in the bathtub. Sounds "heard" were him trying to GET IN! '

That’s true. But that could easily be seen as shyness or social awkwardness.

I can think of several people that I went to high school with, that match the description given of JP.

It is what came later that was more concerning, especially his work history.

I can think of multiple scenarios for the 911 hangup. In the end it doesn't really make a difference. If we ever hear the call maybe we'll know more. They called Eau Claire to try and clean it up; the FBI tried, too. And, maybe, there's more on the tape than we've been told?

I'm out.
Denise obviously tried to hide the phone or JP would have noticed it sooner and that would explain why it sounded muffled. Doesn't matter now sadly.

I find it interesting that there have been such conflicting reports about his school years. From he was social and had friends to he was a loner. To he was quiet but well liked to he wouldn’t pose for a class photo. We hung out we were friends to he was weird loser.

I have to wonder if some people just ... talk for the spotlight without really remembering or what the deal is.

In the DSM-5 in order to determine a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder the individual must have conduct problems evident by the age 15.

And conduct problems it lists pretty severe stuff that would have been noticed by school if not by parents. Violence, going against authority, theft, etc.

I agree with your words 100%. Classic psychopath. Now, he's at a high risk for suicide. A caught psychopath is one who might strut around at first, then they want out right then, then they realize they have no control over any aspect of their lives and want to die.
Many do accomplish either suicide or goad another prisoner into killing them rather than bend to captivity and loss of autonomy.

We don't hear that much about the suicides, but this type of disorder has a high correlation with suicide attempts, then success.
BBM
I don't know about that.
He wasn't in a suicide garment today.
Just inmate orange.
Moo

I'm out.
Thanks, texting 911 would be good in many situations, although I'd probably miss the numbers over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa