OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how they were able to stay out of jail.

I have always thought that people went to jail for certain things.

JMO. MOO.

You're kidding, right? It's hard to go to jail when you live "close to the cross".

I hope many of Ohio's small-county sheriffs and prosecutors have learned something from these murders.

You're kidding, right? It's hard to go to jail when you live "close to the cross".

I hope many of Ohio's small-county sheriffs and prosecutors have learned something from these murders.
Don’t forget “on the right side of the law”. I really wish WS had the eye roll emoji. This family is a JOKE. COW. :)

Don’t forget “on the right side of the law”. I really wish WS had the eye roll emoji. This family is a JOKE. COW. :)

Yeah, really miss those old smileys.

Hey, let's try memes.

496.jpg

2r6vkl.jpg

bucket

2r6vkl

Last edited:
I don't understand how they were able to stay out of jail.

I have always thought that people went to jail for certain things.

JMO. MOO.

I thought it did read like he got jail time;

Wagner was indicted in November 2001 on three felony counts of receiving stolen property, accused of accepting the items knowing they were stolen.

He pleaded down to two misdemeanor counts and was sentenced to 180 days in jail on each count. The dropped count stemmed from one of the dirt bikes.

He also received three years probation, which he was discharged from about two years early.

Pike County: Father accused in Rhoden massacre faced prior felonies

Thanks. I found this:

2001 BW and AW Road Rage Incident with a .40 Caliber Glock Gun allegedly found in AW purse after BW had been brandishing weapon towards teenager and father. BW pled no contest and served no jail time/suspended sentence. AW charges dropped. BW's attorney now represents AW's mother in this case.

2002 BW and AW both convicted of Receiving Stolen Property in Ross County. Evidence seized in the case included “various items belonging to Kohl’s, Ollie’s, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Super K-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Sears, and Lowe’s.” Each were sentenced to 1 year community control and restitution to Sears and Lowes.

Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law

OK, call me stupid, but why was no jail time? Brandishing a weapon? Then add at least 8 items were stolen, eight stores listed. When a judge sentences for what I'd call a shop lifting spree, can the judge not see prior arrests and take that into consideration? What is 1 year community control?? omg

OK, call me stupid, but why was no jail time? Brandishing a weapon? Then add at least 8 items were stolen, eight stores listed. When a judge sentences for what I'd call a shop lifting spree, can the judge not see prior arrests and take that into consideration? What is 1 year community control?? omg

When asked about no charges and lack of info, Prosecutor Rob Junk wouldn't comment. He's the same prosecutor in the W's murder trials. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I transcribed AW's last pre-trial for my records. If anyone would like a copy, it's attached.

Summary;
Discussed discovery (it’s voluminous), 49 motions filed by defense in Dec 2018, state will make written response to those by 1/31/2019. Defense requested extension for filing motions (granted), Next date set for 1/2 day March 20, 2019 at 1:30 p.m., any other motions to discuss that day, should be filed in advance, and AW is to have Zero contact with any co-defendants.

Attachments

• ANGELA WAGNER PRETRIAL HEARING Jan2019.pdf
    75.2 KB · Views: 19

Probably because he never aimed it at them, nor fired it, and the other driver admitted such, and the driver's own recollection was off, however, G3 did get sentenced. The sentences, are not out of reason, especially for that era, and not out of bounds for this era. They rec'd a penalty for every action. The cases were 15 years prior to the murders. They'd have had no bearing on the Rhoden/HHG murders even if he'd been placed in jail for a year or so.

An Ohio State Highway Patrol investigation report shows troopers understood Uhl’s call to police as him reporting “a male driver was holding a handgun to the head of a woman passenger.”

“He wouldn’t let me pass him,” Uhl said, recalling his car and the Jeep both met at a stoplight. “There was never a gun held to anyone’s head, he just held up the gun to say, ‘I mean business.’”

Uhl said he does not remember a woman in the car. The patrol’s records show otherwise. Both Wagners, the report indicates, were taken to the patrol post for questioning after troopers observed a black handgun in a purse on the passenger side.

GWagner was sentenced to 30 days jail time in the 2001 case, which was suspended in lieu of one-year probation, the records show. He was also sentenced to a $100 fine and ordered to pay court costs — altogether $223. And while the gun was confiscated and ordered destroyed, Billy Wagner faced no penalty under Ohio law restricting his future use of weapons.

This was also the time period that they took bankruptcy. I'd rather know what happened to make them take bankruptcy.

When asked about no charges and lack of info, Prosecutor Rob Junk wouldn't comment. He's the same prosecutor in the W's murder trials. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Junk myself, and am quite thankful for Atty. Canepa (I think she's very sharp). However, in Junk's defense, on this one, he can't talk about the former W cases, b/c of the gag order, but the paper says it was for "lack of a speedy trial". Junk apparently wasn't on top of things, just one more reason I've little faith in him. The main reason, however, is the Jenkins case... Still shakin' my head over that one. Not a smart thing to do as a County Prosecutor.

If the prosecutor violates your right to a speedy trial, then the case should be dismissed. Your right to a speedy trial means the state must bring you to trial within the time limits proscribed in the Ohio Revised Code.

Ohio's Right to a Speedy Trial

Bingo! What you said: "DS apparently didn't get attacked or had a problem with the dog."
But notice when strangers came...ie...LE, suddenly Brownie the pit bull becomes vicious and LE can't get into the camper without telling DS to restrain the dog.

Why is Brownie fine with DS but trying to attack
the police? Because DS has been a frequent visitor and the dog doesn't see him as threatening and that's how the Wagners got past Brownie.

They spent months planning the murders and sure enough they also spent months making sure all the Rhoden guard dogs were at ease and comfortable around them.

The Wagner farm is 6 minutes down the road from Kenny and I can picture the various Wagner's stopping by and giving Brownie treats and showing him they are no threat to Kenneth.

I'm sure the Wagners used this modus operandi with all the Rhoden dogs.... Just My 2 Cents.....
BUT, if KR was asleep, how did anyone get in the camper without alerting the dog? A dog’s instincts are to bark when someone arrives and before they enter the home. Doesn’t it seem like the dog would have barked alerting KR to someone at his home?

And if the W’s were visiting the animal while KR was at work, wouldn’t KR’s security cameras have shown him that?

BUT, if KR was asleep, how did anyone get in the camper without alerting the dog? A dog’s instincts are to bark when someone arrives and before they enter the home. Doesn’t it seem like the dog would have barked alerting KR to someone at his home?

And if the W’s were visiting the animal while KR was at work, wouldn’t KR’s security cameras have shown him that?

A lot of times, guardian dogs, like Pitts, Dobies, and Rotts, won't bark, they'll just nail ya if you're already inside their turf. If KR slept with his door unlocked, it's possible that only the W who knew KR, and Brownie, the best, (JW), strowed right up inside there, and killed him before KR fully woke. The dog was probably very confused by the "bang" but wouldn't associate it with the "friend" harming his master, like he would if it were a physical altercation. Then again, maybe DS stretched the truth. Maybe the LEOs just asked him to hold Brownie back to keep him out of the way and that got a little stretched...? They had zero trouble with CR1's dogs, and none with DR's either. I think they knew JW so well that the dogs had no idea what was going on.

Was Brownie supposed to be inside the camper or outside?

A lot of times, guardian dogs, like Pitts, Dobies, and Rotts, won't bark, they'll just nail ya if you're already inside their turf. If KR slept with his door unlocked, it's possible that only the W who knew KR, and Brownie, the best, (JW), strowed right up inside there, and killed him before KR fully woke. The dog was probably very confused by the "bang" but wouldn't associate it with the "friend" harming his master, like he would if it were a physical altercation. Then again, maybe DS stretched the truth. Maybe the LEOs just asked him to hold Brownie back to keep him out of the way and that got a little stretched...? They had zero trouble with CR1's dogs, and none with DR's either. I think they knew JW so well that the dogs had no idea what was going on.
If they were wearing body armor they probably just walked right in. If they had on Kevlar sleeves a dog attack wouldn't hurt them. One could have contained the dog while the other shot.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member