Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
'He Was Full Of Rage!' Jayme Closs' Kidnapper Killed Animals, Ex-Girlfriend Claims

This fits the profile of someone who would have continued doing this until he was stopped.

I wonder if a police report was made regarding the slashed tires? Since it’s being reported by two different tabloids with no full name of said girlfriend, I have to wonder. People will say anything for money.

Going by photos there didn’t seem to be any “animal heads” about the cabin. And as a high schooler I think parents may have noticed this roadkill / self stuffing “hobby”.

I’m going to take these reports lightly unless confirmed by a named person or family member. Esp as most other reports contradict this entirely.

It was the only car the deputy passed, not far from the crime scene. The investigation soon determined that the killer was in the residence for a short time and quickly fled, probably just before LE arrived. Yet LE did not put two and two together? I’m sorry, but that’s not good enough in my book.
I think it goes to the number of officers responding (three); their priority was, rightly, the 911 call from a known living victim inside the home. Post-Columbine, police are supposed to immediately stop the threat (not wait for backup); three guys is a pretty small [edit: very small] crew to deal with an active shooting. They had the option of guessing that a vehicle not on the property might be involved. vs. knowing for certain that something was [or had just been] actively happening on the property and rushing that threat, per protocol.

I definitely share everyone's questions about what was done with that veh description once officers knew there was no remaining threat in the home, though.

I’m considering he may have been the type to hold her for years- his makeshift method of imprisoning her strikes me as someone who felt he was in absolute control (if true good job by JC of convincing him of this) and his job application was perhaps a step toward building this “future”? JMO
I also think at some point Stockholm Syndrome would have set in with her and he knew that. At that point he would have been able to work and given her more freedom.

I wonder if a police report was made regarding the slashed tires? Since it’s being reported by two different tabloids with no full name of said girlfriend, I have to wonder. People will say anything for money.

Going by photos there didn’t seem to be any “animal heads” about the cabin. And as a high schooler I think parents may have noticed this roadkill / self stuffing “hobby”.

I’m going to take these reports lightly unless confirmed by a named person or family member. Esp as most other reports contradict this entirely.
JP would have been a minor back then. Those records are sealed except to LE, FBI and the likes.

I think it goes to the number of officers responding (three); their priority was, rightly, the 911 call from a known living victim inside the home. Post-Columbine, police are supposed to rush the thread (not wait for backup); three guys is a pretty small [edit: very small] crew to deal with an active shooting. They had the option of guessing that a vehicle not on the property might be involved. vs. knowing that something was actively happening on the property.

I definitely share everyone's questions about what was done with that veh description once officers knew there was no remaining threat in the home, though.
Well, that’s the point. During the investigation, when they were struggling for leads, how was this car not more important to them? At the very least, the driver may have seen something, having just passed the residence with a crime in progress.

Myself as well!

Would someone report stolen license plates? Could he have taken them from an abandoned vehicle? I would probably report them if I lived in the vicinity of a double murder and kidnapping.

BARRON - Authorities investigating Jayme Closs' disappearance knew that deputies had passed a lone vehicle on the highway just minutes after they received a 911 call from the girl's home.
[...]
Authorities didn't immediately know what had happened at the home, said Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald, so no one pulled over Patterson.

"They didn’t know what they were going into," he said
[...]
As Patterson fled, he drove past first responders heading to the home. A deputy en route recalled seeing an older, maroon Ford Taurus or similar vehicle traveling east on U.S. 8 as he drove west. The deputy saw the vehicle yield to his squad and other deputies responding to the scene. It was the only eastbound vehicle the deputy encountered.
[...]
A week later, authorities notified the public of two vehicles of interest in the case: a 2004-2010 Black Acura MDX or a 2006-2010 Black Ford Edge, and a 2008-2014 red or orange Dodge Challenger. But investigators eventually became less "keen" on those cars, Fitzgerald previously told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin, and there was never public mention of a Ford Taurus.

Fitzgerald said Tuesday that the passing car was discussed during the investigation, but they didn't feel they had enough to information to alert the public to it. It was dark, and police were traveling fast, so it was difficult to determine the make, model and other details, he said.

“We didn’t have any specific information about that car," he said.
Barron County sheriff: Not enough information to pull over Jake Patterson, search for car
Prior to the news above, I posted that I believed FBI/LE most likely withheld info on the red taurus from the public intentionally, however, according to Fitzgerald's latest statement above BBM, I was wrong. Nonetheless, it seems to me that the officer's statement, in detail, as filed with Complaint, sure contradicts that "it was too dark and fast to see."

Is Fitzgerald holding back, or did somebody embellish their account? MOO

Prior to the news above, I posted that I believed FBI/LE most likely withheld info on the red taurus from the public intentionally, however, according to Fitzgerald's latest statement above BBM, I was wrong. Nonetheless, it seems to me that the officer's statement, in detail, as filed with Complaint, sure contradicts that "it was too dark and fast to see."

Is Fitzgerald holding back, or did somebody embellish their account? MOO
Perhaps he didn't know at the time what type of car it was but they do now?

Well, that’s the point. During the investigation, when they were struggling for leads, how was this car not more important to them? At the very least, the driver may have seen something, having just passed the residence with a crime in progress.
I can't say what they were thinking that night, every situation seems reasonable until you look back on it. But... in retrospect this has got to be a lesson-learned- Get on the radio and ask for everyone to look for the car you just passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo