CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only an occasional crime story follower but wonder if you or any of the regulars know of a case where a main player, such as KKL, is not initially arrested (while another party is) but gets arrested/charged down the down the road.
Agreed.
It would be good to see everyone involved in this young woman's murder put behind bars.
It's so loathsome to think that people knew about this for weeks or months before--when Kelsey was alive-- and said nothing.

Rama said:

And where is KB’s purse?
Sipped for brevity. Emph. mine.

^^^ Exactly !
And was the carseat the baby was in found yet ?
And if not-- why did PF or his c0-conspirator feel the need to hide it ?
What evidence was on it ?

I am sorry if this has been answered but did KB have an engagement ring? If she did, money mongers would not have thrown that away.
Good point !

Why would KK's coworkers call Mrs. R? We don't even know that KK has ever met the R's, let alone talked about them to her coworkers. The R's stated they only knew their employee, M, said her friend was solicited. They asked her to have the friend contact them, but the friend (KK) never did. I don't see any reason why KK's hospital coworkers would know to contact the R's. Am I missing a step here, somewhere?
If a co-worker was employed, on the side, as an informant, expert witness or what have you, for the RR's, he/she would certainly have phone access to them. Would he/she be in trouble with ST Lukes if exposed? I would hope so! Perhaps thats why we don't hear from Michelle.
IMO

I'm only an occasional crime story follower but wonder if you or any of the regulars know of a case where a main player, such as KKL, is not initially arrested (while another party is) but gets arrested/charged down the down the road.

I’m guessing most of us have a friend or relative in LE.
This is a good question to pose to them. Get dif ‘ opinions.
I’ve asked a city police officer, a city detective & a detective state trooper. None affiliated with this case or with CO/ID. Ironically, I got the same answer from all three, they all think the logical answer is because she’s in a place they have no access to. This is providing LE has evidence/cause to warrant an arrest.
Iirc, the Sheriff in KK’s jurisdiction has no investigation at this time. CO has no authority to arrest in ID, afaik. They would need assistance from local LE or feds. Also, iirc, CO asked ID to refrain from commenting publicly on the case.
IMO, KK has no need for protection, it was KB, that needed protection.
KK is not a Kennedy or Hearst family member......
IMO, being a former rodeo queen isn’t enough to elevate her to a “needing protection” status. Common sense tells me she’s not wanted by ID LE, why would they “protect” her?

Here’s my question, is there an arrest warrant ready to deliver? Would we know? I think not. Unless a person is of fugitive status, how would we know? Or, why would we need to? The only time I ever hear of an arrest warrant is when there’s a BOLO. “Be on the lookout for John Doe, an arrest warrant has been issued.” Our LE likes the surprise element. They are not going to advise msm “we have an arrest warrant for Trudie”, cuz they’re afraid Trudie might disappear. Jmo

Might “protection” mean protection from self harm?
(This is if an authority actually used the term “protection”. Need to refresh myself on this).

Moo

Oh I don’t think he’s not talking to only protect someone else....his priority is himself and he wouldn’t do anything to incriminate himself or take responsibility for his actions. IMO I’m just suggesting perhaps this was discussed and agreed upon in the planning stages. No one talks, period. Then KK folded when confronted by LE.

If that's the way it was, she was talking long before Kelsey was murdered.

We'll see. Many times there is a change of venue in high-profile cases. I consider this high-profile. MOO
There are twenty-two judicial districts in Colorado. Four are urban, ten are similar to the 4th in unbalanced population mix, and eight are rural. Where would you change the venue to, and what reason would you argue that it would get him a fairer trial?
Colorado Judicial Branch - Courts - By District

Yes. The Holly Bobo case comes to mind, as one example.

There were many co-defendants in that case, arrests of the animals involved were made over the course of several months.

Last edited:
I understand. The only pre-Op nurse I know works 2-18s, weekends only, to handle emergency situations.

I think her schedule varies greatly dependent upon which type of facility she works in. Hospital vs Same Day Center. Where I live we have a Level V Tauma Center and always have Operating Room nurses on duty. I think they work 12’s - only weekends but get paid for 18 hrs each shift. I’m sure it varies, every facility staffs differently.

ETA: Weekday OR nurses pre through post don’t rotate weekends.

Last edited:
JMO
I could see where it may be possible KK knew of someone who owned a plane.

But I am leaning towards her driving to Colorado though.

According to the R's, her BFF tried to convince her not to go there that last time. Im assuming from the R interview that KK may have known what was about to go down. And the crazy thing about that is I cannot imagine driving all those miles to Colorado with the anticipation of what was about to happen.

I would have died of a heart attack from anxiety before I even left my driveway. It takes a special type of coldness to be able to do that and to not forewarn the victim or at a minimum go to LE if someone knew what was about to happen.

Exactly, she had at least 12 hours of thinking time.

I think her schedule varies greatly dependent upon which type of facility she works in. Hospital vs Same Day Center. Where I live we have a Level V Tauma Center and always have Operating Room nurses on duty. I think they work 12’s - only weekends but get paid for 18 hrs each shift. I’m sure it varies, every facility staffs differently.
KK worked in a hospital - which means pre-op probably rotates weekends, or works all weekends, because they're going to have unscheduled surgeries that have to take place 24/7.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think anyone would vindicate PF. Look at how he has been talked about in the media by his peers. I just don't see how someone could come forward this deep into the investigation with a truth or a lie to vindicate him. LE seems to have enough on him that says he was definitely involved.

Now if you meant that PF could possibly have someone on the outside that has nothing to lose and wanted to harm a possible suspect, that could be plausible and at this point, what else does he (PF) have to lose, but I just don't see it happening. It is my understanding that he is barely allowed to talk to anyone but his legal team at this point. I can't see someone that is not connected to this case in any way taking direction from PF. They have nothing to gain.

Edited to clarify.
I was thinking of a buddy or someone on the outside who might do a witness harm...?

Wasn’t the house basically protected by her parents through some sort of method?

Also, I tend to doubt the baby was named a beneficiary for any kind of insurance policy. First, I don’t know if you can designate someone that young. And secondly, I have seen others say that beneficiaries must be spouses or blood relatives, so PF couldn’t benefit directly. So, I tend to think that if KB had policies, her parents were named beneficiaries so that the money could be spent on the baby right away. JMO.

Also, I don’t think we can be assured that PF was after money or needed money. I think the assumption is that he must be broke because he lives with his money.

In actuality, he could be sitting on a lot of money because he probably doesn’t have housing expenses. We really don’t know how much money he does or doesn’t have.

Yes, you can designate children as beneficiaries. Right now, my husband is my primary beneficiary and my 3 children are secondary co-beneficiaries, should my husband and I both die at the same time. If I divorced my husband, I could absolutely list my three children as beneficiaries. However, because I wouldn't want my "ex" to get access to the funds, I would likely change the primary beneficiary to my mom.

I don't know exactly how minor beneficiaries are handled, but IIRC whoever has custodial privileges would get access to the funds unless there is some sort of stipulation (like children can't have access until 18 or 21). If there is no stipulation of that, then there is no need to withhold "their" funds.

I’ve done long drives as well. Generally there are multiple stops for gas, at which we also combined a food and bathroom break.

My bf and I made a 1300 mile drive a few years ago with no overnight stays or anything, but we switched off driving, with one sleeping when not behind the wheel.

In this case, we’re talking about a 1,600 mile drive. Kk would’ve had to have driven 300 miles more than my bf and I did together, and we both passed out within minutes of getting to our destination and slept for many hours.

Unless she had a second driver, I believe she needed to get some rest in between.

I do believe she could have left early Sunday morning, and likely did. I’m just saying that I doubt she drove 800 miles, picked up a phone then turned around and drove another 800 miles.

It’s one thing to drive that distance when you plan to stay a while at your destination. It’s much more difficult to turn around and make another drive of that same distance within a short period of time.

I believe she - and most people in general- would need hours in between such drives to sleep. She also had to get the plan straight with PF.

I don’t believe your average person would make that long of a drive then turn around and go right back.

I also don’t believe a person would make that kind of drive unless there was some kind of benefit for them.

And if she was hung up on PF, I don’t believe she would’ve made that long of a drive to see him long enough to just pick up the phone.

JMO.

ITA. Driving is exhausting. I get what the other person is saying, I've done long drives myself. However, barring some emergency, most people would not be inclined to drive 1,600 miles in a 24 hour period. The only time I'd do that is driving from NC to MN (to visit family), stopping overnight in a hotel, and then knowing I'd be NOT driving for a good solid week once I go there.

Wednesday Crime Stories: ‘Killer fiance’ wants custody for tot-girl of fiance cops say HE KILLED, Kelsey Berreth

Should accused Colorado killer Patrick Frazee lose all parental rights to the young daughter he fathered with Kelsey Berreth, the woman he allegedly murdered?

Nancy Grace raises this question and more concerning the Berreth case with a panel including forensics expert Karen Smith, Atlanta juvenile judge & lawyer Ashley Willcott, forensic psychiatrist Dr. Daniel Bober, Southern California prosecutor Wendy Patrick, and syndicated radio host David Mack.​

This! MOO I believe that PF could have tried to blame it all on her if he didn't get arrested first! "Scorned ex lover that was jealous".
wow it never occurred to me that PF could have been framing Kk the entire time, as part of his plan. Plant the physical evidence (phone) with her, instruct her to send the texts close to her home, etc. That plan would be getting rid of two women at once.

Better yet, what prompted the discussion between M and the Rs in the first place? My boss, even if he IS a lawyer, is not who I would have talked to first. It would have been my girlfriends.

I think M talking to her employer/lawyer, who she appears to be close to, is the 2nd best option, with going to LE as the first. Talking to her girlfriends would be the very worst idea. Guess who can't keep a salacious secret. Girlfriends.

But it appears that M did just this. This is based on the social media smear campaign against her, which the Rs claim was the reason they sought to speak to the media.

I guess the Rs thought they (Rs and M) would be perceived as helpful (heroes?-gag), so that might reduce people questioning their non-action in a murder for hire request.

I don't know how the Rs connected those dots though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace